• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 lvalentine

lvalentine

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:30 AM

I like that Jack Carter and Allison Blake have finally hooked up. I have always been rooting for them. They have a good chemistry.

I never did like Carter with... what's her name.

#2 loulou26

loulou26

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:55 AM

You're not the only one . ;-)

#3 FlaEurekaFan

FlaEurekaFan

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:46 PM

How can you say there is chemistry when she was his second choice behind Stark. She didn't consider Jack's feelings or situation when she admitted she tried to get into area 5 to try and destroy the bridge so she could stay with the new Kevin. She did not even consider that Jack hadn't verified if Zoe was "Zoe" yet in the AR, or any one else's wishes who got transported. How can you root for a character that steals top secret stuff from her employer to cheat for her son. I guess the writers were trying to convey how much she loves her son. What parent thinks cheating for you kids is ok? Why wasn't she fired, did Fargo keep it in house? Anyway the writer's are making it hard to root for her character to end up with Jack, when she is painted as so opposite. This is just my opinion on how the writer's have presented it us.Hard to see how you can see this couple as believeable other than the fact that Carter has blinders on and is looking at things how he wishes them to be , than how they really are, and that does not make for a good long lasting romance.

#4 loulou26

loulou26

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:40 AM

How can you say there is chemistry when she was his second choice behind Stark. She didn't consider Jack's feelings or situation when she admitted she tried to get into area 5 to try and destroy the bridge so she could stay with the new Kevin. She did not even consider that Jack hadn't verified if Zoe was "Zoe" yet in the AR, or any one else's wishes who got transported. How can you root for a character that steals top secret stuff from her employer to cheat for her son. I guess the writers were trying to convey how much she loves her son. What parent thinks cheating for you kids is ok? Why wasn't she fired, did Fargo keep it in house? Anyway the writer's are making it hard to root for her character to end up with Jack, when she is painted as so opposite. This is just my opinion on how the writer's have presented it us.Hard to see how you can see this couple as believeable other than the fact that Carter has blinders on and is looking at things how he wishes them to be , than how they really are, and that does not make for a good long lasting romance.

Ok people don't have to have the same opinion as you know. It's a forum so everybody can say what he thinks. If you don't root for allison and Jack it's good for you and you can express IT but you don't have to denigrate other people point of view.

#5 FlaEurekaFan

FlaEurekaFan

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:41 PM

Ok people don't have to have the same opinion as you know. It's a forum so everybody can say what he thinks. If you don't root for allison and Jack it's good for you and you can express IT but you don't have to denigrate other people point of view.

I am sorry I didn't see where I denigrated anyone. I was just paticipating in the discussion. I tell you the way I see things and you tell me the way you see things. You might find some of my points valid and I might find some of yours valid. I guess you see my discussion points as denigrating, then for that I apologize.

#6 thereisnospoon

thereisnospoon

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:06 PM

I feel like this is a redundant thread (See 'Ally and Jack, finally' or whatever), but whatever. Call me imperious or whatever, but putting a thread name in caps is kinda bad form...I digress.

It's nice that you like Allison and Carter. It's your opinion. I happen to like Carter and Tess. Never did see anything between Allison and Carter after Season 1, and I personally thought JRN as Tess was literally a perfect fit for the kind of scientist that you'. But hey, we all like different things. I respect that. Any reasons why, seeing as we've never really seen them as a couple (except for a little bit at the end of Season 1, I think)? Just interested in your thinking.

#7 thereisnospoon

thereisnospoon

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:07 PM

Edited for triple post (stupid internets)

#8 thereisnospoon

thereisnospoon

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:09 PM

Yep, I'm a ***** :(

#9 chlee

chlee

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:22 PM

I like that Jack Carter and Allison Blake have finally hooked up. I have always been rooting for them. They have a good chemistry.

I never did like Carter with... what's her name.

I,too, am thrilled that Allison and Jack have finally gotten together.
I loved seeing and hearing them express their feelings for one another.
The chemistry between the two have always been off the chart.

P.S. I don't have a problem with the thread's name in caps. It is good to shout your
love/excitement for your couple.

#10 oddangelck

oddangelck

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:41 PM

Hey, I stopped posting for some time, but have been a viewer of Eureka since season 1. Actually since the pilot episode to be exact. I have been rooting for A/J since the beginning. Although I loved Stark I thought A/J were definitely the better couple. Perhaps its my great love for the Jack character but he totally deserves the hottest girl in Eureka, and that would be Allison for sure. I'm just glad they're finally together and now we can see their trials and tribulations as a COUPLE rather than the will they or won't they bit.

#11 Autobot032

Autobot032

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:11 AM

I'm just glad they're finally together and now we can see their trials and tribulations as a COUPLE rather than the will they or won't they bit.

Agreed. This whole "Will they? Won't they?" is fun for a storyline, when needed, but never when it's rammed down our throats. Now that that bridge has been gotten to and crossed, I hope the writers don't decide to turn back around and unravel all of their work now that they've come this far.

It can be funny, it can be sweet, but it's overblown and getting repetitive and irritating. I'm all for romance in a story, I really am, but seriously, past a certain point...UGH.

And I'm glad you brought this up. I would love to see how they work it out as a couple, rather than continuing a continuous chase that seems never ending. I think plenty of excellent storytelling is ahead of us, not to mention great comedy. Granted, if they're not careful, it could fall into sitcom territory and we could lose the Eureka we know and it'll be EINO, but if the writers use their talents to take the best parts of sitcoms (because they do have a lot to offer), and use it to enhance the show and not dominate it, I think this season truly could be their best. And in ratings too.

The underdog gets the woman of his dreams, he'll have three kids to contend with (and as cheesy as that sounds at first, real, genuine comedy could come of it, and if anyone can pull it off, Colin can.), and he has Fargo and his button mashing crazed underlings to deal with.

If people can't see the potential for quality writing, heartfelt moments, and laugh out loud comedy, then they're just not willing to give it a chance.

I can't promise that the show will go how they want, or how I want, but it's been a wonderful experience so far, and I'm sticking around to see what happens. Might just be surprised and have a heck of a good time.

Eureka wouldn't be Eureka if it was all just sci-fi. It needs the light moments and the heartfelt moments to really seal the deal. I think people are becoming more jaded, and that's why they can't embrace Eureka any more.

And, I can't blame people for being jaded these days. The world's going to Hell in a handbasket.

#12 Autobot032

Autobot032

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:12 AM

Accidental double post, my apologies.

#13 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,097 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:01 AM

And I'm glad you brought this up. I would love to see how they work it out as a couple, rather than continuing a continuous chase that seems never ending. I think plenty of excellent storytelling is ahead of us, not to mention great comedy. Granted, if they're not careful, it could fall into sitcom territory and we could lose the Eureka we know and it'll be EINO, but if the writers use their talents to take the best parts of sitcoms (because they do have a lot to offer), and use it to enhance the show and not dominate it, I think this season truly could be their best. And in ratings too.

EINO Posted Image

Syfy member since April 1999

#14 pdleod

pdleod

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:25 AM

Right on, Jack and ally forever. But now if the writers will just keep their hands off. Or we in for a blended family, one of those hers, his, and ours things.
P.S. there were many reasons why Ally would pick Stark before the Sheriff, how very Ally like.

#15 oddangelck

oddangelck

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:34 PM

If people can't see the potential for quality writing, heartfelt moments, and laugh out loud comedy, then they're just not willing to give it a chance.

I can't promise that the show will go how they want, or how I want, but it's been a wonderful experience so far, and I'm sticking around to see what happens. Might just be surprised and have a heck of a good time.

Eureka wouldn't be Eureka if it was all just sci-fi. It needs the light moments and the heartfelt moments to really seal the deal. I think people are becoming more jaded, and that's why they can't embrace Eureka any more.

And, I can't blame people for being jaded these days. The world's going to Hell in a handbasket.

I completely agree with you about the potential for good story telling with J/A. I think some people think now that they've gotten together that there's no more they can write with the storyline but of course that's not the case. It's been a while since both J and A have been in serious committed relationships. Allison lost Stark some time ago and Jack hasn't been able to really commit to anyone since his wife. I mean, people can try to count Tess, but he never said he loved her- so it wasn't serious in my opinion. Also, how is Zoe really going to respond to Allison now? Or how will Kevin take it? Or what happens if Kevin goes back to the way he was before. Won't they hit Allison pretty hard? There's a lot of good moments there in my opinion.
And yeah, I understand why people are jaded as well. The world is complete *****, and has been for some time, but Eureka continues to put a smile on my face so I'm happy-lol.

#16 foozle

foozle

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 405 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:43 AM

I am sorry I didn't see where I denigrated anyone. I was just paticipating in the discussion. I tell you the way I see things and you tell me the way you see things. You might find some of my points valid and I might find some of yours valid. I guess you see my discussion points as denigrating, then for that I apologize.

I also did not see where you denigrated anyone. While you may have strong feelings about these characters (don't we all?) I think you just made your point! Posted Image

"Just a little case of mood poisoning...must be something I hate." David Warner, Wild Palms

Some days it's just not worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.

#17 CM73057

CM73057

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:57 PM

Hard to see how you can see this couple as believeable other than the fact that Carter has blinders on and is looking at things how he wishes them to be , than how they really are, and that does not make for a good long lasting romance.

Or maybe some of us can see this couple as believable BECAUSE of their flaws. Allison's not perfect; Jack's not perfect; yet they have this lovely deep friendship that has ripened into something more for both of them.
That's how love really works, in the real world, and that may be why some of us are so enchanted with Eureka.
I love the science, I love the humor - but most of all I love the characters.
I love the fact that these are not 19-year-old anorexics with IQs equivalent to the temperature, running around in designer clothing and way too much makeup having angst about the most trivial *****.
No, these are grown ups, like me, with a few miles on 'em, working to juggle all the components of their grownup lives. They are multi-dimensional characters - and so what if some of the facets are not so brightly polished?
They are interesting, they have something to say about things that matter to me, and I am going to keep rooting for them until the last pixel dies out!

#18 CM73057

CM73057

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:01 AM

Gotta love garbage-y broadband. Sigh.

Sorry for the double post.

#19 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,097 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:02 AM

Gotta love garbage-y broadband. Sigh.

Sorry for the double post.

I doubt it's your broadband. Syfy forums have been wonky for a couple days now.

Syfy member since April 1999

#20 CM73057

CM73057

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:25 AM

I doubt it's your broadband. Syfy forums have been wonky for a couple days now.

Thanks for the vote of confidence (Gawd, i love that word..."wonky" LOL)
But the system here in East Nowhere is about a half-step up from a tin can and waxed string.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users