• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LadyValkyrie37

LadyValkyrie37

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:54 AM

I often listen to Mary's Radio Show "Angels On Call" just for craps and giggles. I notice that Mary does what is called cold reading. She asks a lot of questions of her callers and her callers are stupid enough to answer in great detail. Most times Mary's answers to her callers questions have nothing with being intuitive but rather giving common sense advice to people who are too stupid to figure it out for themselves.

For the record, I do believe in psychic, clairvoyant, and intuitive abilities. However, I believe that a good 98% of people who claim to have these abilities are fakes and out for fame and money.

#2 HauntedByBob

HauntedByBob

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:53 PM

I often listen to Mary's Radio Show "Angels On Call" just for craps and giggles. I notice that Mary does what is called cold reading. She asks a lot of questions of her callers and her callers are stupid enough to answer in great detail. Most times Mary's answers to her callers questions have nothing with being intuitive but rather giving common sense advice to people who are too stupid to figure it out for themselves.

For the record, I do believe in psychic, clairvoyant, and intuitive abilities. However, I believe that a good 98% of people who claim to have these abilities are fakes and out for fame and money.

I agree with you completely! And I remember Miss. Cleo. She is very much like her. Mary Knows best gives Psychical research a bad name and is an insult to our intellects as an audience.

#3 JJB54

JJB54

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 259 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:43 AM

The other day I was in an on-line chat with someone that claimed to be PSYCHIC. He finally came to me and asked, "Do you have a question?" ... So I asked, "My daughter is preg. will she have a boy or girl?" He said, "Boy." Then he asked me how old I was? I said, "you are the psychic, you tell me. He started asking questions and again I said, "Why are you asking me questions? Just tell me what your psychic powers tell you."

Then I informed him, "Sir, you don't even know when a person is setting you up. My daughter is NOT preg. and is not expecting a child. So how you got "boy" is simply amazing. It would have seemed to me your psychic powers would have known, first there was no baby there and second that I was setting you up. Gee, funny how that happens."

He let a few four letter words fly over the screen and left the room. :rolleyes:

#4 JJB54

JJB54

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 259 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:44 AM

-- Deleted ===> Not sure why it posted 3 times.

#5 JJB54

JJB54

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 259 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:44 AM

-- Deleted ===> Not sure why it posted 3 times.

#6 JJB54

JJB54

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 259 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:45 AM

The other day I was in an on-line chat with someone that claimed to be PSYCHIC. He finally came to me and asked, "Do you have a question?" ... So I asked, "My daughter is preg. will she have a boy or girl?" He said, "Boy." Then he asked me how old I was? I said, "you are the psychic, you tell me. He started asking questions and again I said, "Why are you asking me questions? Just tell me what your psychic powers tell you."

Then I informed him, "Sir, you don't even know when a person is setting you up. My daughter is NOT preg. and is not expecting a child. So how you got "boy" is simply amazing. It would have seemed to me your psychic powers would have known, first there was no baby there and second that I was setting you up. Gee, funny how that happens."

He let a few four letter words fly over the screen and left the room. :rolleyes:

#7 HauntedByBob

HauntedByBob

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:53 PM

I've done that with 'Chat room psychics'. When I was a teenager I was confronted by one in a chat room (I'm twenty eight now). Since I was sixteen (I let them know my age but little else) they made all these assumptions that I had these ridiculous teeny bopper problems. It was actually intellectually insulting. I wasn't having problems with a boy friend. I wasn't jealous of a popular girl. I didn't want to BE popular. The assumptions they made were equatable to assuming I was Bella Swan (the character didn't exist yet but I could make the comparison now).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users