• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 IamGiggles

IamGiggles

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:05 PM

If any of you Haven fans want to see this episode its in the Free section of Fios On Demand. Watching it right now. Thought I would throw it out there. Plus this is the only place I could find to put this up to let SyFy know too.

#2 OnePerCentClub

OnePerCentClub

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:03 PM

Here's an interview with Lucas Bryant.

Very interesting indeed.

Comment and spread the word!

#3 badgirl2bad4u

badgirl2bad4u

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:38 AM

Here's an interview with Lucas Bryant.

Very interesting indeed.

Comment and spread the word!

This was from an article posted on the Haven Facebook page back on 9/15. Full article here: http://www.facebook....159749230704983

Lucas Bryant's contributions in the notes section are the main reason I follow the Haven FB page - he always says the funniest stuff. When I saw the scene in "The Hand You're Dealt" with Audrey and Julia out on the deck at the Grey Gull, I could not stop laughing because of this article :lol:

Lucas Bryant: "I peeked over the balcony and I saw that they were drinking martinis and having a girl-talk scene, and I thought "Wow, this is a perfect position to drop something small and funny right between them!"..."

Another note would be that EVERY Haven fan should follow the character profiles on FB. The people running the pages post as the characters - and give hints for what to expect in upcoming episodes.

Audrey: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100001407018994&v=wall
Duke: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100001444759126&v=wall
Nathan: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001437438852#!/profile.php?id=100001437438852&v=wall

For example, on 8/29, the Sunday after Jess left Haven and Audrey gave him the infamous cheek-kiss, Nathan posted a status update of, "Nathan Wuornos is holed up with his friends Jack Daniels and Patsy Cline." A few days later, while still apparently hanging out with his friend Jack, he posted, ""I Fall to Peices" is a wrfully underrrated musical masturpiece. Wheres my glass?" and on Audrey's profile, she posted, "Audrey Parker would like to know why Nathan Wuornos isn't answering his phone." Then, on 9/10, almost two weeks later, the episode 'As You Were' finally aired, and when Audrey saw Nathan, she said "I was worried about you after Jess..." and he said, "I'm fine. I'm good. I'm...drink Jack out of the bottle, listen to Patsy Cline...it's a man thing." Another moment of me grinning/laughing due to the Haven FB content.

Nathan's most recent status update, after last week's episode with him finding excuses to touch Audrey, was, "Nathan Wuornos is looking, not touching. Well, touching a little bit."

It's a really fun RP they have going and a brilliant bit of web content for the series. Whoever came up with the idea should be given a raise, IMO ;) Fans post messages for the characters about what's going on with them in Haven - like advising "Nathan" that he should tell "Audrey" about being able to feel her touch before she gets creeped out, etc.

"So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

And I see not in my blindness
What the objects were I wrought,
But as God rules o'er our bickerings
It was through His will I fought.

So forever in the future,
Shall I battle as of yore,
Dying to be born a fighter,
But to die again, once more."

- General George S. Patton

#4 Gizzi1213

Gizzi1213

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:00 AM

This was from an article posted on the Haven Facebook page back on 9/15. Full article here: http://www.facebook....159749230704983

Lucas Bryant's contributions in the notes section are the main reason I follow the Haven FB page - he always says the funniest stuff. When I saw the scene in "The Hand You're Dealt" with Audrey and Julia out on the deck at the Grey Gull, I could not stop laughing because of this article :lol:

Lucas Bryant: "I peeked over the balcony and I saw that they were drinking martinis and having a girl-talk scene, and I thought "Wow, this is a perfect position to drop something small and funny right between them!"..."

I did the exact same thing while watching the episode, I kept looking for the red gummi bear, even though I knew they obviously wouldn't use that bit!!!

The Facebook status messages are amusing, but I have already caved and gotten a Twitter account due to Haven, I'm standing firm against a facebook account!

#5 Spinly

Spinly

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:53 AM

I did the exact same thing while watching the episode, I kept looking for the red gummi bear, even though I knew they obviously wouldn't use that bit!!!

The Facebook status messages are amusing, but I have already caved and gotten a Twitter account due to Haven, I'm standing firm against a facebook account!

Do you need an account to read the statuses (status'.. stati..)? I think you only need one to post. There is a link to them here where you can at least read most of the status updates.

eta: I too was giggling like crazy, my husband could not figure out what was so funny about the scene.

#6 Yellowred

Yellowred

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:20 PM

The part where Audrey was speaking to Duke, ear piece, that was funny. Nate surely dislikes his dad and it appears that the feeling is mutual. Julie is pretty p.o. with Duke, and I knew it, it was the chief who requested Audrey's presence. The episode comes on again at 9:00 p.m. here in Los Angeles - not as strange as some of the other episodes, but it it did answer one question.

#7 trekgirl

trekgirl

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:24 PM

Hey, where is everybody?? I thought ya'll would be typing like crazy over this episode!

This was a very interesting, in-depth episode. Wow. So the FBI knows about Haven and its troubles and obviously wants them taken care of "soon" as the big boss says and Chief Wournos is involved in all of it. Sure makes you wonder what it is about Audrey that makes her the one for the job. The chief surely must know or at least have an idea. I'm thinking he knows quite a bit about her and likely requested that she be sent there. Here's a wild thought - maybe she's his daughter with Lucy????? She is younger than Nathan. Maybe he had a fling??? Like I said, wild thought. I still don't like Eleanor's daughter. I'd be happy for her to go away. I was a bit worried that she and Duke might pair up, but she is obviously less than accepting of his "work." Big bonus in this episode - we got to see Duke in his underwear! Works for me! :D ;) Overall, great episode. It gave us more questions than answers, but that's why we keep watching!

#8 IvyRose

IvyRose

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:13 PM

Was Audrey's FBI Boss on X-Files? I tired to IMDB him but couldn't find anything in my quick look. If he was then the reference to the crazy guy chasing aliens was very cute. If he wasn't then lets pretend I didn't say anything :)

#9 NiekoRae

NiekoRae

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:37 PM

Was Audrey's FBI Boss on X-Files? I tired to IMDB him but couldn't find anything in my quick look. If he was then the reference to the crazy guy chasing aliens was very cute. If he wasn't then lets pretend I didn't say anything :)

lol I tried to look it up to. Thought the same thing but couldn't find anything >_<

as for the ep, I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I'm going to watch it again but something felt a little empty... I dunno... None the less Audrey giving Duke instructions on how to act... PRICELESS! "Now strip!" "Hey look, EGGS!" now... do you think he got dressed again before they got to port? fun times ^_^
I still don't like the Docs daughter either... shes too opinionated... she complains too much yet acts exactly the way she hated when her mother talked to her... with less hugs)

and just could someone clarrify at the end... someone admitted they put the crack in the boat. Was it Audrey's boss or the Cheif?

oh and one more thing... what if that stone with the circle and people at the four points is among Duke's junk... hed have no idea it was there and if the troubles started again when he returned... maybe it has something to do with the stone? Or something else from those accursed time? relic or what have you.

aaand... STEVEN KING REFS! dukes books ^_^''

#10 trekgirl

trekgirl

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:38 PM

Unless I'm blind with sleep (possible at this time of night) - we'll have to pretend you didn't say anything. :P

#11 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,214 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:42 AM

lol I tried to look it up to. Thought the same thing but couldn't find anything >_<

as for the ep, I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I'm going to watch it again but something felt a little empty... I dunno... None the less Audrey giving Duke instructions on how to act... PRICELESS! "Now strip!" "Hey look, EGGS!" now... do you think he got dressed again before they got to port? fun times ^_^
I still don't like the Docs daughter either... shes too opinionated... she complains too much yet acts exactly the way she hated when her mother talked to her... with less hugs)

and just could someone clarrify at the end... someone admitted they put the crack in the boat. Was it Audrey's boss or the Cheif?

oh and one more thing... what if that stone with the circle and people at the four points is among Duke's junk... hed have no idea it was there and if the troubles started again when he returned... maybe it has something to do with the stone? Or something else from those accursed time? relic or what have you.

The FBI boss said, "Did you see the crack in the boat?" The chief answered, "yes." I feel Audrey is at the core of the cracks, but how?

Syfy member since April 1999

#12 Ocean268

Ocean268

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:00 AM

I was laughing my head off. Duke stripped to his underwear and Audrey, with all the women in the world who wanted to see, told Duke to take it off!! He scream, I ain't doing THAT!!!!!

#13 Ocean268

Ocean268

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:06 AM

Questions.

The other guy, called someone saying that he found the box on the ship's radio. They say they will be there in 40 minutes. Well did the Haven police get them also?

What is the name of Dukes boat? I thought I saw the name in episode 2 or 3, it was the Ryan Altantic. Now they call it something else. What is it?

Who or what caused the rip in Dukes boat? Is it Julia or Audrey or the FBI boss?

#14 CoarseLimely

CoarseLimely

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:05 AM

Episode rocked from start to finish. Thought it was going to be a lame flashback episode due to FBI dude's questioning, but it turned out to be nothing of the sort.

All of Duke's escape hatches and secret compartments are great. He should rename his boat the "Millenium Falcon."

#15 foozle

foozle

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 405 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:40 PM

Who was the guy in the opening recap, in the scrubs, with the knife, saying "it's a hole in the world"?

Loved the Mulder reference! (The guy that plays Audrey's boss could have played the one Mulder used to contact after the 'cigarette smoking man' was gone, but I'm not sure.)

Bored to tears by the Agent Howard and Audrey debriefing. It was so obvious he was trying to manipulate her. I think if they would have just asked, she would have said yes!

Definitely loved Duke in his skivvies, Audrey was clearly enjoying herself as his puppeteer.Posted Image Duke is a bigger bad boy than I thought, but still lovable (so far). Just curious, but wouldn't that 'rust bucket' need more people to operate it, it's pretty big?

The scene between Nathan and the Chief could have been better, I think, but it's been a long time coming. Nathan seemed hurt, but the Chief just comes off as a cold jerk, like he's just trying to do his duty. I wish they would have said more about Nathans' mom.

I don't think any person is responsible for the cracks that keep appearing, maybe it's a by-product of the troubles. I love the way everyone kind of tries to downplay them. (As a Southern California girl, I would be freaking out!)Posted Image

There's a freaking promo at the top of this page that is driving me buggo. Posted Image

"Just a little case of mood poisoning...must be something I hate." David Warner, Wild Palms

Some days it's just not worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.

#16 bgl24

bgl24

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:13 PM

Being a big Steven King nerd, I keep looking for the SK connections. It hit me last night that maybe all these "troubled" people in Haven are actually "Breakers" (Hearts in Atlantis, The Dark Tower Series) and maybe the chief and the FBI guy are part of a secret group that are trying to keep them safe by hiding them in Haven, where their abilities are dampened. Evidently, "The Troubles" occur when something/someone causes the weird abilities to manifest themselves and they need to find a way to stop that before the "Low Men" show up to start hauling people off. If you've read these books, you know that the "Breakers" are people who have the kinds of strange abilities that the people in Haven have. I can't remember the name of the story, but there is a character from one of King's short stories that has the ability to send people a letter and cause them to do the things he writes. He later shows up as a "Breaker" in the DT series. I may be way overthinking, but this reminds me a lot of the abilities that are showing up in Haven.
If you haven't read these books, you probably think I'm a complete nut! :D

#17 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,031 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:21 PM

I thought this was a great episode. I was going to post the possible X-files reference and Stephen King's books. Did you also catch the 'Children of the Corn' reference as well? It was one of King's short stories.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#18 foozle

foozle

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 405 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

Being a big Steven King nerd, I keep looking for the SK connections. It hit me last night that maybe all these "troubled" people in Haven are actually "Breakers" (Hearts in Atlantis, The Dark Tower Series) and maybe the chief and the FBI guy are part of a secret group that are trying to keep them safe by hiding them in Haven, where their abilities are dampened. Evidently, "The Troubles" occur when something/someone causes the weird abilities to manifest themselves and they need to find a way to stop that before the "Low Men" show up to start hauling people off. If you've read these books, you know that the "Breakers" are people who have the kinds of strange abilities that the people in Haven have. I can't remember the name of the story, but there is a character from one of King's short stories that has the ability to send people a letter and cause them to do the things he writes. He later shows up as a "Breaker" in the DT series. I may be way overthinking, but this reminds me a lot of the abilities that are showing up in Haven.
If you haven't read these books, you probably think I'm a complete nut! :D

Definitely not a nut.

Never read SK, because I'm not a fan of horror type books, but what you've posted, sounds like some of the things I've heard other SK fans say. Whatever it is, I like it!Posted Image

"Just a little case of mood poisoning...must be something I hate." David Warner, Wild Palms

Some days it's just not worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.

#19 OnePerCentClub

OnePerCentClub

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:22 PM

Nathan and Audrey page and comments on Community LiveJournal.

#20 Yellowred

Yellowred

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:20 PM

Nathan really does love his father. The chief knows a whole lot but will not spill the beans, well not yet, even to his son. The chief is also prepping Nate for chief. Makes you wonder what the chief is, per se. I guess we always knew that Audrey is special, but there is something about the chief also.

Ya would think the brothers would be in Las Vegas with that talent. Whatever Duke is transporting to someone who is maybe Japanese, the brothers went all in with their hand (pocker), so therefore it must be very expensive or an device that can control the world.

I get Julie. She's disappointed with Duke. I hope as the show progresses he doesn't change that much, but hopefully will become more compassionate. I think Audrey will help him with that, and who knows, Duke could be "troubled" too.

Oh, Nate's father telling his son about Audrey's not his girlfriend, hehehehehehe.

I hope they discuss Nate's mother again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users