• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 grinder231

grinder231

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:42 PM

I believe this subject has been touched on before, but I still don't get it. On tonights show at the Hall of Fame, Britt and KJ are standing at one end of a big room, Britts eyes get big and he points down the hall and says "Do you see that?", and instead of the cameraman turning the camera down the hall to where he is pointing, he keeps his camera pointing at Britt and KJ. Doesn't he realize that maybe the viewers might want to see too? And this isn't the first time it's happened either. All this does is feed the naysayers point that all this is faked anyway. These guys need to get on the ball if they want to be taken seriously.

#2 Dawkins

Dawkins

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:32 PM

I believe this subject has been touched on before, but I still don't get it. On tonights show at the Hall of Fame, Britt and KJ are standing at one end of a big room, Britts eyes get big and he points down the hall and says "Do you see that?", and instead of the cameraman turning the camera down the hall to where he is pointing, he keeps his camera pointing at Britt and KJ. Doesn't he realize that maybe the viewers might want to see too? And this isn't the first time it's happened either. All this does is feed the naysayers point that all this is faked anyway. These guys need to get on the ball if they want to be taken seriously.

They don't point the camera down the hall because there's nothing to film there.

#3 Solrac93

Solrac93

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:44 PM

They don't point the camera down the hall because there's nothing to film there.

HAHA soo true. Ghosthunters have been had.

#4 Dano33

Dano33

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 380 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:10 AM

I've been saying for awhile they really need to lose the camera crew. It breeds laziness into their investigations, they just kinda wander around and rely on the camera crew to do the alot of the work for them. They'd be better off having everyone grab one of those night vison cameras that the Ghost Adventures guys use and investigate the sites without the camera crew following them from room to room.

Posted Image
Dano33

Posted Image

#5 Blkops

Blkops

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:48 AM

Unfortunately, if they want to be taken seriously, they need to stop trying to say what they do is 'scientific'. Nothing that they do is scientific. There is no controlled environment,
no base line, no nothing. They used to profess that they didn't want to know about a place ahead of time and for a short time that happened. Now, no matter what...whatever is told to them during the 'tour', they find a way to make it occur. There was also a time where they all carried cameras of their own. When asked about the crews footage, we were told that they
were there just to document what the GH's were doing and only what was shot by the GH's would be used. Now, they do not carry their own cameras and they don't use the crew video, so, you see nothing. Believe what you'd like, but the proof is apparent.

#6 WiiMarioHacker

WiiMarioHacker

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:23 PM

If you haven't noticed, it's the camera man's JOB to film the INVESTIGATORS INVESTIGATING.

It is not the camera man's job to capture ghosts. That is TAPS job.

#7 Dreamsinger

Dreamsinger

Muppet of Science

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,099 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:58 PM

If you haven't noticed, it's the camera man's JOB to film the INVESTIGATORS INVESTIGATING.

Correct. Instead of blaming the cameraman for doing a lousy job of collecting evidence, people should be blaming the people responsible for capturing the paranormal: TAPS!

#8 NHScst

NHScst

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:06 PM

I'm sorry, but I believe that to be an incredibly weak argument.

As the viewer, we cannot witness anything unless the cameraman turns his lens in the direction of the supposed sighting; we have no control over this. Do you honestly believe that, if something were truly there, the cameraman would not turn his camera in that direction? It would be the capture of a lifetime, not to mention the ticket to restore Ghost Hunters badly-tarnished reputation. But by your reasoning, when the ghost is mere feet away, the cameraman is just ignoring what could possibly be the strongest evidence of the paranormal ever to be gathered and apathetically saying, "Nah, it ain't my job". Sorry bud, but if something were truly there and he refused to attempt to capture it, he would be fired in a nanosecond. The cameramen are told what and what not to film; they don't have discretion in the matter.

I have witnessed several events in my 20+ years of ghost hunting, so I am not approaching this from the angle of a non-believer. However, there is one thing I can tell you with absolute clarity and conviction; the reason the cameras are unwaiveringly trained on the investigators and not what they are allegedly seeing is because nothing was there to begin with. These supposed sightings, just like the "heavy drumbeat" post-production soundtrack that accompanies them, are pure entertainment.

#9 Blkops

Blkops

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:58 PM

I'm sorry, but I believe that to be an incredibly weak argument.

As the viewer, we cannot witness anything unless the cameraman turns his lens in the direction of the supposed sighting; we have no control over this. Do you honestly believe that, if something were truly there, the cameraman would not turn his camera in that direction? It would be the capture of a lifetime, not to mention the ticket to restore Ghost Hunters badly-tarnished reputation. But by your reasoning, when the ghost is mere feet away, the cameraman is just ignoring what could possibly be the strongest evidence of the paranormal ever to be gathered and apathetically saying, "Nah, it ain't my job". Sorry bud, but if something were truly there and he refused to attempt to capture it, he would be fired in a nanosecond. The cameramen are told what and what not to film; they don't have discretion in the matter.

I have witnessed several events in my 20+ years of ghost hunting, so I am not approaching this from the angle of a non-believer. However, there is one thing I can tell you with absolute clarity and conviction; the reason the cameras are unwaiveringly trained on the investigators and not what they are allegedly seeing is because nothing was there to begin with. These supposed sightings, just like the "heavy drumbeat" post-production soundtrack that accompanies them, are pure entertainment.

It's not an argument. This has been discussed time and time again in this forum and in the TAPS forum and it's correct...they're not supposed to use any video that's shot by the outside crew...they are there just to cover the GHers. Dumb, yes.

#10 Gatormandan

Gatormandan

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:13 PM

Speaking of the ghost adventure crew (zak and co.), how is it that they find piles of hard evidence at every location and every bug flying around is a supposed orb and they get chest pains, headaches and some sort of possession just about every time. Not to mention the drama. Their interpretation of the so called evps hardly ever sound like what they say it sounds like. Talk about staged. The ghost hunter crew look like pure experts in comparison. And, all of the "spirits" seem to know their names and call for their return. Amusing at its best.

#11 RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:28 PM

All TV paranormal shows are for entertainment only. All of them have their good points and bad points. An actual investigation is like watching paint dry and doesn't have the excitement the shows make them out to be. This has been discussed ad nauseum on several forums.

As for the cameramen, they have a job to do and that is filming the ghost hunters, hence the name of the show. It's sad that the TAPS crew doesn't carry cameras any more.
Posted Image
Pull Grant's collar for the PICT website.

#12 NHScst

NHScst

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:24 PM

It's not an argument. This has been discussed time and time again in this forum and in the TAPS forum and it's correct...they're not supposed to use any video that's shot by the outside crew...they are there just to cover the GHers. Dumb, yes.

I am new to this forum and wasn't aware of that, but if that is indeed the case (and I have no reason to doubt you) then it still says to me (even more strongly) that nothing is there to begin with. It appears to be an attempt to more tightly control what the viewer sees than I originally thought. The question then becomes, "What are they trying to hide?" Would they want a camera pointed down a hallway at the exact moment an investigator looks down the hallway and excited exclaims, "Whoaaa! Did you see that?" Ummm...no we didn't, because the camera was trained down that hallway, and nothing was there. What better way to avoid that uncomfortable situation than to mandate the cameras stay pointed at the investigators at all times? They could easily edit the scene in post-production no matter where the cameras are pointed, but then they would be even more open to charges of evidence manipulation, as people involved with the show would eventually come forward. So what do you do to manipulate the evidence and still look legit? You give the order, "Cameras on the investigators at all times!". I can tell you that legitimate investigators want as many cameras rolling in as many directions as possible to increase the chances of capturing phenomena. But, as I have long-suspected, the clowns on this show do not fall into the category of "legitimate" investigators.

I'm sorry, but Jason, Grant and the people asscociated with production that are in a position to make money from this show are pathetic, money-hungry impostors. If they presented this purely as entertainment, I would not have an issue. However, they present this (stated or implied) as scientific, honest investigation. It is not. At one time, they may have been sincere in their endeavors, but this show and related mechandising, spin-offs, and enrollment of certified "TAPS Family" ghost hunting groups around the country has become nothing but a cash cow. This has nothing to do with paranormal investigation, but everything to do with big business.

#13 Blkops

Blkops

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:35 AM

I am new to this forum and wasn't aware of that, but if that is indeed the case (and I have no reason to doubt you) then it still says to me (even more strongly) that nothing is there to begin with. It appears to be an attempt to more tightly control what the viewer sees than I originally thought. The question then becomes, "What are they trying to hide?" Would they want a camera pointed down a hallway at the exact moment an investigator looks down the hallway and excited exclaims, "Whoaaa! Did you see that?" Ummm...no we didn't, because the camera was trained down that hallway, and nothing was there. What better way to avoid that uncomfortable situation than to mandate the cameras stay pointed at the investigators at all times? They could easily edit the scene in post-production no matter where the cameras are pointed, but then they would be even more open to charges of evidence manipulation, as people involved with the show would eventually come forward. So what do you do to manipulate the evidence and still look legit? You give the order, "Cameras on the investigators at all times!". I can tell you that legitimate investigators want as many cameras rolling in as many directions as possible to increase the chances of capturing phenomena. But, as I have long-suspected, the clowns on this show do not fall into the category of "legitimate" investigators.

I'm sorry, but Jason, Grant and the people asscociated with production that are in a position to make money from this show are pathetic, money-hungry impostors. If they presented this purely as entertainment, I would not have an issue. However, they present this (stated or implied) as scientific, honest investigation. It is not. At one time, they may have been sincere in their endeavors, but this show and related mechandising, spin-offs, and enrollment of certified "TAPS Family" ghost hunting groups around the country has become nothing but a cash cow. This has nothing to do with paranormal investigation, but everything to do with big business.

:D Welcome to our family!

#14 NHScst

NHScst

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:03 PM

:D Welcome to our family!

Thank you...I feel so loved :D

This thread makes me wonder about all of the recent, mysterious departures from the show, and the reasons behind them. We've heard well-sanitized conflicting reports, everything from that old standby, "I wanted to spend more time with my family" to health and financial reasons.

Perhaps they would more accurately like to say, "They lie, misrepresent and fake the evidence, and I don't want to be part of this ruse any longer"? I know anyone connected with the show is subject to a very stringent "gag" clause, and would be sued out the wazoo if even uttering a hint of the truth.

Hey Jason and Grant! If there were no reasons to keep mouths shut, why would you need the clause?

#15 BYC0616

BYC0616

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:38 PM

The camera crew are there to film TAPS members doing their job, not to film paranormal activity, that's the job of the TAP's people. Unfortunately, they are poor at it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users