• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,621 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:47 PM

... will premiere on December 7 at 9 p.m. EST. From the press release:

In this ‘long lost’ holiday episode of Warehouse 13, as the Warehouse team prepares to celebrate the holidays in snowy South Dakota, Pete (Eddie McClintock) and Myka (Joanne Kelly) are called upon to hunt down a malevolent Santa Claus. Meanwhile, in time for Hanukkah, Artie and his estranged father, Isadore Weisfelt reunite after 30 years. Award-winning actor Judd Hirsch guest stars as Artie’s father. Paul Blackthorne also guest stars as a harried workaholic who becomes terrorized by a strange series of robberies committed by a thief dressed as “jolly old Saint Nick!”

#2 MisterMagic123

MisterMagic123

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 240 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:56 PM

THEY STOLE MY THEIF IDEA! >=00
I guarantee that he will use something that belonged to Saint Nick that allows his to fit through chimleys and his bag that has unlimited hammer space. Ohhhh, warehouse 13 yer making me mad. >=[[

and whatt? this is going to be stupid. I didn't want a stand alone episode... I wanted it to show the emotional mess the characters would be in from Myka leaving, just in time for the holidays. Ugh!
If people knew the reasons for my fear, they'd be able to understand my pain.

#3 RileyJ24

RileyJ24

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:15 PM

That sounds great. Thanks for the heads up!

They could have easily made this an hour and a half long (at least), instead of a one hour episode. It would have made waiting another 6 months for a new season premiere to be more palatable. :D

Oh well, should still be interesting.

Posted Image

#4 SunKrux

SunKrux

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:17 PM

I'm glad they're making it a stand alone ep. I don't want them to rush bringing Myka back or brush what she's feeling under the rug which could (would) happen if they bring her back immediately after the cliffhanger of S2. I'm hoping it will take a couple of eps to bring her back. She'll be back, no doubt about it.

I like that the holiday ep will be a stand alone. :D I can't wait to see it.

Posted Image
Joanne Kelly Live Journal comm
Got Sarcasm?
Ship who you like, respect other ships, and play nice!
avatar & sig banner by me - no snurching w/out permission!

Disclaimer: My comments are my opinion it is neither right or wrong. Nor is it meant to insult anyone who doesn't agree with it. It's just how I see things. I won't tell you, you're wrong for not agreeing with me, if you don't tell me I'm wrong for not agreeing with you. Also, I am not attacking anyone when I express my opinion. If my opinion offends you, that's your problem. Talk to me rather than reporting me & getting posts deleted. Thank you.

#5 LadyNRA1

LadyNRA1

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:14 AM

I'm glad they're making it a stand alone ep. I don't want them to rush bringing Myka back or brush what she's feeling under the rug which could (would) happen if they bring her back immediately after the cliffhanger of S2. I'm hoping it will take a couple of eps to bring her back. She'll be back, no doubt about it.

I'm just happy there is one more ep. Only problem is that I've been reading contradictory spoilers about this episode and some of that contradictory info was supposedly released by people connected with the show. One source (can't remember who now) said that it would continue from right where she leaves at the end of the season. Others say as you do, a stand-alone episode. So some sources are clearly wrong and I guess we'll know once we 'get there'. ;) As for me, I say bring it on no matter what. I'll be happy to see Judd Hirsch playing Artie's dad and to see the reunion between them.

Okay, I'm editing this about 2 hours later with the following info:

As to what to expect from the upcoming Christmas special and the third season, without spoiling too much, Rubinek did share once again that "Taxi" star Judd Hirsch will make an appearance as Artie’s dad and that there may be a blossoming romance between Artie and Dr. Vanessa Calder, portrayed by "Bionic Woman" Lindsay Wagner.

Rubinek also revealed that the standalone Christmas episode will resolve the Season 2 cliffhanger picking up right where the it left off – with Myka (Joanne Kelly) leaving the warehouse.

“It is going to be resolved in a way that is intriguing, surprising and mystifying,” Rubinek said

That's the quote from this link http://www.airlockalpha.com/node/7819

I knew I'd read it somewhere and I sort of remember Saul being the one quoted.
Claudia: Would it have killed you to put a warning label on this thing?
Artie: Saying what? Only put on in case of stupid?

#6 LadyNRA1

LadyNRA1

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:18 AM

THEY STOLE MY THEIF IDEA! >=00
I guarantee that he will use something that belonged to Saint Nick that allows his to fit through chimleys and his bag that has unlimited hammer space. Ohhhh, warehouse 13 yer making me mad. >=[[

and whatt? this is going to be stupid. I didn't want a stand alone episode... I wanted it to show the emotional mess the characters would be in from Myka leaving, just in time for the holidays. Ugh!

:blink: Now you know why I worked hard to get all my stories online before the START of the season (2). That way no one could accuse me of borrowing directly from the show. I can say, uh-uh, already online and dated prior to the season premiere. Can't do that with some of the other stories that I've never put up but my friends have seen it, and it's dated by my computer so at least I could say I got to that idea or artifact first and have the dates to prove it. Not that it's a hassle anyway. No one has ever accused me of ripping off an idea directly from a show but I do have the proof that didn't happen if they ever did. :rolleyes:

#7 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,735 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:23 PM

What makes it "lost"?

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#8 SunKrux

SunKrux

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:08 PM

LadyNRA1 - I was confused too so back on 5 October I asked Bob Goodman - he's pretty high up the WH13 writer food chain, about the confusion. I posted this in the Season 3 thread:

Myka will be in the Christmas special but according to Bob Goodman the special will NOT resolve the S2 cliffhanger. It will be like the Doctor Who Christmas specials, stand alone, separate from the over all S2 arc.

In reference to this interview Saul did with Airlock Alpha found here: http://www.airlockalpha.com/node/7819
I asked Bob Goodman a couple days ago on Twitter about that:

@b0bg00dman So it will NOT resolve Myka's leaving? Cause in an interview w/Saul, he says it will. Mass confusion.

@SunKrux You're right, that article w the Saul interview was mistaken. (They probably just misunderstood.)

So basically, no offense to anyone from Airlock Alpha if they cruise through here, the folks at Airlock Alpha might have gotten confused by Saul's comments. I'm guessing he was referring to something else in the Christmas special.

Up until that interview with him, all I'd heard was that the Special would be like the Doctor Who special, part of the Season, but NOT part of the over all season Arc.

pscard What makes it "lost"? Uh it was an artifact. Yeah, that's what made it get lost. ;)

Posted Image
Got Sarcasm?

Disclaimer: My comments are my opinion it is neither right or wrong. Nor is it meant to insult anyone who doesn't agree with it. It's just how I see things. I won't tell you, you're wrong for not agreeing with me, if you don't tell me I'm wrong for not agreeing with you. Also, I am not attacking anyone when I express my opinion. If my opinion offends you, that's your problem. Talk to me rather than reporting me & getting posts deleted. Thank you.

#9 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,735 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:20 PM

LadyNRA1 - I was confused too so back on 5 October I asked Bob Goodman - he's pretty high up the WH13 writer food chain, about the confusion. I posted this in the Season 3 thread:

So basically, no offense to anyone from Airlock Alpha if they cruise through here, the folks at Airlock Alpha might have gotten confused by Saul's comments. I'm guessing he was referring to something else in the Christmas special.

Up until that interview with him, all I'd heard was that the Special would be like the Doctor Who special, part of the Season, but NOT part of the over all season Arc.

pscard What makes it "lost"? Uh it was an artifact. Yeah, that's what made it get lost. ;)

I was referring to the quote in MBG's first post:

In this ‘long lost’ holiday episode of Warehouse 13,...

I should have said 'long lost' instead of 'lost.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

#10 SunKrux

SunKrux

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:14 PM

I was referring to the quote in MBG's first post:

I should have said 'long lost' instead of 'lost.

So it was a couple of artifacts that made it long lost. ;)

Posted Image
Got Sarcasm?

#11 MichaelBHinman

MichaelBHinman

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:51 AM

Actually, there WAS confusion. I did ask this specific question to one of the people at the executive level of Warehouse 13, and the Christmas episode WILL be standalone episode completely. Myka will be in it, but it will NOT address her departure at the end of Season 2.

I need to go and modify that story ... thanks for the link. =P
Michael Hinman
www.AirlockAlpha.com
(and creator of the "SyFy" name)

#12 Gemini55

Gemini55

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:56 AM

They're kinda pushing things timelinewise having Artie reconcile with his father in some kind of 'long lost ' episode when it was
not that long ago he was talking to someone about writing his father a song and they were still not talking..
Anywise the evil santa sounds cool.

#13 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,735 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:43 AM

They're kinda pushing things timelinewise having Artie reconcile with his father in some kind of 'long lost ' episode when it was
not that long ago he was talking to someone about writing his father a song and they were still not talking..
Anywise the evil santa sounds cool.

Maybe this happens in Eureka's altered timeline. :P

#14 RileyJ24

RileyJ24

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:24 AM

Yes, they have a good opportunity to build up the story a bit if they don't bring Myka back within the first ten minutes (for example) of the season premiere.

Posted Image

#15 SunKrux

SunKrux

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:56 AM

Actually, there WAS confusion. I did ask this specific question to one of the people at the executive level of Warehouse 13, and the Christmas episode WILL be standalone episode completely. Myka will be in it, but it will NOT address her departure at the end of Season 2.

No worries Michael. That's why I went to one of the writers about it cause the article caused mass confusion. Bob Goodman was kind enough to let me know.

Posted Image
Got Sarcasm?

#16 LadyNRA1

LadyNRA1

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:37 PM

No big deal. It wasn't really your fault. These things happen, mix-ups with different sources putting info out there.

In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing this episode and thanks for doing the interview with the actors.

#17 LadyNRA1

LadyNRA1

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:42 PM

Yes, they have a good opportunity to build up the story a bit if they don't bring Myka back within the first ten minutes (for example) of the season premiere.

Can't say I totally agree with you here. I mean, I watch cuz I love the show AND because I like the characters, Artie in particular. So it would have made me unhappy to know they'd written Artie out for a set number of episodes, simply because I enjoy watching the character so much. So with Myka I feel more or less the same way. I can see them having two different story lines, Artie and the others coping with her loss (meaning, unless they bring in another capable Secret Service agent, Pete would need to rely on Artie and Claudia more as his partner...that would be interesting, especially with inexperienced Claudia...) Meanwhile, I'd like to see a separate story line with Myka and her struggles, physically/emotionally, rather than having them write her out for several episodes.

#18 ZombieBat

ZombieBat

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:23 PM

Maybe with them calling it a "long lost" episode, this happens outside the normal story line of the show. They could have it be the first Christmas they were at the warehouse together, though I don't remember Pete and Myka saying they met Artie's daddy.
You must unlearn what you have learned.

I'm a fuel-injected suicide machine. I'm the rocker, the roller, the out-of-controller.

#19 LadyNRA1

LadyNRA1

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:50 PM

Maybe with them calling it a "long lost" episode, this happens outside the normal story line of the show. They could have it be the first Christmas they were at the warehouse together, though I don't remember Pete and Myka saying they met Artie's daddy.

It's sort of difficult to tell how long Pete and Myka (and Claudia) have been at the warehouse. Just because 1 1/2 years have passed for us since the premiere of S1, that doesn't mean 1 1/2 years have passed for 'them'. It could be 6-8 months for all we know. They could be going out once every 2-3 days hunting down artifacts, or once a week on average or maybe even having a month gap between them (making them there longer than 18 months). Until someone says something on the show, it's hard to tell. so this could be their first Christmas together. They could have joined up in February (there was snow on the ground for some of the episodes) and now it's the first Christmas). Just an example. And even if they said 'well, we've been here 1 year', that doesn't mean three episodes into S3 someone will say 'well, we've been here 10 months'. The writers have been consistent with the timeline anyway.

#20 RileyJ24

RileyJ24

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:07 PM

Can't say I totally agree with you here. I mean, I watch cuz I love the show AND because I like the characters, Artie in particular. So it would have made me unhappy to know they'd written Artie out for a set number of episodes, simply because I enjoy watching the character so much. So with Myka I feel more or less the same way. I can see them having two different story lines, Artie and the others coping with her loss (meaning, unless they bring in another capable Secret Service agent, Pete would need to rely on Artie and Claudia more as his partner...that would be interesting, especially with inexperienced Claudia...) Meanwhile, I'd like to see a separate story line with Myka and her struggles, physically/emotionally, rather than having them write her out for several episodes.

Hi LadyNRA1. Actually, that is more inline with what I had in mind. I didn’t want them to bring her back to the Warehouse or back into a normal routine immediately upon returning. That would be a bit anticlimactic IMO. I wouldn’t mind a dual storyline of sorts showing Myka struggling to get back on track and whatever the rest of the gang have going on. I definitely wouldn't want Myka MIA for several episodes. :)

This might be a good time to bring Myka's parents back on temporary. I wouldn't be surprised if Myka goes home to spend time at her father's bookstore.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users