• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 YourOpheliac

YourOpheliac

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:09 PM

What's with the 30-day delay on the SyFy rewinds? I work on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3-11, right during two of my favorite shows. Now, I'm being informed that I can't watch them until 30 DAYS after they've aired?! What the heck is up with that?!
She speaks in the third person so she can forget that she's me

#2 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,588 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:22 PM

What's with the 30-day delay on the SyFy rewinds? I work on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3-11, right during two of my favorite shows. Now, I'm being informed that I can't watch them until 30 DAYS after they've aired?! What the heck is up with that?!

Syfy VP Craig Engler posted a response to that very question a couple of days ago: "How soon we post video is dependent on various agreements with producers, distributors, etc. We post as much as we can as soon as we can."

It varies from show to show, too: I think the Caprica producers allow episodes to be uploaded immediately after broadcast, but it's a week for Warehouse 13 episodes, and was recently changed to a month for the last couple of Haven episodes.

#3 Blkops

Blkops

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:00 AM

I don't know what shows exactly that you're speaking about, but, if you get On Demand, the
shows come up after only a week. Worth a try? :lol:

#4 jenn13Gabriel

jenn13Gabriel

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 485 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:07 PM

I don't know. Haven switched from almost immediately to almost a month for the last 3-4 episodes... it makes no sense. and its actually kinda annoying, especially when they don't show reruns because wrestling is on when they normally would have. Posted Image

You
are unique!

- Operation Beautiful

"We were born with wings,
We were made to fly,
We were meant to live,
While we're still alive."
"Alive"
Superchick

#5 jtalle

jtalle

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:28 PM

I don't know. Haven switched from almost immediately to almost a month for the last 3-4 episodes... it makes no sense. and its actually kinda annoying, especially when they don't show reruns because wrestling is on when they normally would have. Posted Image

Most of the shows in Rewind are now a 30 day wait.

That includes Hollywood Treasure, Caprica, Haven, SGU, Ghost Hunters, Destination Truth, Beast Legends, Scare Tactics, Sanctuary, and Fact or Faked.

I don't have cable or broadcast - I guess I'll just have to wait for Hulu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users