942 replies to this topic

#321 Knuttypoo

Knuttypoo

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:03 AM

Why should I bother watching anything on syfy if it's going to get dropped mid-season? I went and deleted it off my cable. #### you.
"There's a 51% chance I wouldn't have killed you."

#322 yongjin02

yongjin02

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:06 AM

Since you are cancelling Caprica and you have that poopie wrasling on, is Blood and Chrome a show about fornicating NASCAR? Guess thats all a bunch of dumb rednecks wants to watch is wrastling and nascar. And yes folks I know I spelled wrestling wrong it because I'm frakking P-Off that they have garbage like that on and cancel good stuff. But yeah a sci-fi show about nascar called blood and chrome this with the ghost hunter folks bringing back the ghost of Dale Ernhart Sr. or better yet a zombie Dale Sr. to race. Couldn't be any worse than cancelling Caprica and keeping wrestling.

"Blood and Chrome" is the name of the new BSG series! I was being sarcastic when I was talking about Nascar and WWE! I can't stand that junk! So, with the recent corporate desire to run wwe on a science fiction channel I just thought that maybe the inclusion of it would bring in a "Redneck factor" to the viewership; they can watch the wrastlin' and NASCAR and we can watch the rest of the story.

#323 yongjin02

yongjin02

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:08 AM

i think it is rather "telling" of the WWE fans; check out the "smackdown" forum on the main menu. It has about 5 topics; 1 is the rules for posting, another is a "bring caprica back" type of thing. So SYFY execs, are you proud of the fact that your new viewer base is too incompetent to either switch on a computer or to check a forum (or your website)? Maybe they don't even own computers or an internet conn. since they spend to much money on cheap beer and chewing tobacco. It is an excellent empirical basis to say that when one looks at the number of topic threads, replies and views for shows like caprica, bsg and SGU, to infer that these fans are probably better educated and better informed (and thereby probably make more money on which to spend on advertised products). Also, the level of participation in the forums is indicative of how serious and devoted people like us are to shows that inspire thought and entertain at the same time. :angry: :angry:

#324 yongjin02

yongjin02

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:12 AM

i think it is rather "telling" of the WWE fans; check out the "smackdown" forum on the main menu. It has about 5 topics; 1 is the rules for posting, another is a "bring caprica back" type of thing. So SYFY execs, are you proud of the fact that your new viewer base is too incompetent to either switch on a computer or to check a forum (or your website)? Maybe they don't even own computers or an internet conn. since they spend to much money on cheap beer and chewing tobacco. It is an excellent empirical basis to say that when one looks at the number of topic threads, replies and views for shows like caprica, bsg and SGU, to infer that these fans are probably better educated and better informed (and thereby probably make more money on which to spend on advertised products). Also, the level of participation in the forums is indicative of how serious and devoted people like us are to shows that inspire thought and entertain at the same time. :angry: :angry:

#325 yongjin02

yongjin02

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:13 AM

UPDT- Well, I guess we hit some nerves with the "grappler" crowd! On the smackdown forum those two above mentioned threads have been REMOVED! Ain't censorship grand? The forum moderator's screen name is "wrestlingfan24"---SHOCKING!!!

#326 yongjin02

yongjin02

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:15 AM

wow. u posted my last three times after a 10 minute lag...having a problem with u'r servers?

#327 JamesSeven

JamesSeven

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:39 AM

Absolutely fraking unbelievable. I used to be a SciFi... errrr SyFy fan, but this take the cake. Not even the respect for the fans to finish a season. Whoever is responsible for their programing decisions should be fired immediately.

I'm done with this channel. It was once great... now it is just fracking embarrassing.

#328 brianalmon2

brianalmon2

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:58 AM

Motherfrakers! I too am done with this channel... I said that when wrestling became science fiction... I mean it now.

#329 Blkops

Blkops

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:05 AM

Pleae remember that SyFy is owned by NBC/Universal and they have a horrible track record of
prime-time viewing...not to mention that they cancelled Heroes and never wrapped it up (they're planning on some sort of movie/show to wrap things up), they lost Conan O'Brian and
they lost major big bucks on that stupid move...for whatever reason, wrestling has a very large and lucrative audience...should they have put it on SyFy??? No. But, you wouldn't see it on MSNBC either! Plus, it appears that SyFy is part of most basic cable packages, therefore, it really doesn't matter. Bottom line is that we all have great shows that have been cancelled for one reason or another...let's just hope that another one will come along and pick up the slack!

#330 Litvyak

Litvyak

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:30 AM

We have been participating in a Nielson survey in our household this past week. I used to be a huge Sci-Fi channel fan, but it's very telling that during the course of the survey covering the three TV sets in our house, the Sy-Fy channel has been tuned in for exactly one hour on one TV set (for SGU last night). I did write in the provided comments section that I had planned to watch Caprica, but that I wasn't able to because it was canceled.

#331 VirgilsAllNightDiner

VirgilsAllNightDiner

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:48 AM

Fans are rallying to #savecaprica (follow this hashtag on twitter). You can learn about what's going on and how to help here: http://wp.me/p1aatr-cS. Like our favorite Battlestar, we fans are a ragtag group, travelling alone in the vast emptiness of space, pursued by an evil corporate menace - but we must not give up hope!
Virgil's All-Night Diner
www.virgilsallnightdiner.com

#332 VirgilsAllNightDiner

VirgilsAllNightDiner

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:52 AM

uh-oh, just learned that SYFY, or whoever monitors, believes that the word "carp" (with the "a" and "r" inverted, is a bad word!?!?!?

That's really surprising. You think with the amount of carp they produce they would be fairly comfortable with the word. #savecaprica (follow on twitter) and read about fan campaigns here - http://wp.me/p1aatr-cS
Virgil's All-Night Diner

#333 VirgilsAllNightDiner

VirgilsAllNightDiner

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:19 PM

The reason for this is simple: Caprica is a show about ideas and it generates discussion - the kind of thing that makes the world a better place. WWE - not so much.
Virgil's All-Night Diner

#334 yongjin02

yongjin02

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:08 PM

That's really surprising. You think with the amount of carp they produce they would be fairly comfortable with the word. #savecaprica (follow on twitter) and read about fan campaigns here - http://wp.me/p1aatr-cS

EXACTLY :lol:

#335 yongjin02

yongjin02

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:14 PM

The reason for this is simple: Caprica is a show about ideas and it generates discussion - the kind of thing that makes the world a better place. WWE - not so much.

Yes , I know, my statement is more or less rhetorical. The formula "lull the masses with bread and circuses" applies to just about everything. Now the bread and circus has been replaced by, cell phones (the obsessive "needs" associated with them, fast food, highly sensate type entertainment and, WWE, among other things. ;)

#336 AngryMatt

AngryMatt

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:29 PM

What the hell? SYFY, you suck!

#337 TheSorceror

TheSorceror

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:37 PM

How Bloody **** capitalistic of them.. Mental Note Remove SyFy chanel from satelite subscription.
Seems a lot of the Sci-Fi shows are now showing on Free To Air Digital in Australia now anyway. So lets Hit SyFy where it hurts them most.. In their wallets. Cancell all your SyFy subscriptions.. It was nice to see the shows before they hit Free to air.. but this kind of attitude is agrivating to say the least.

Spam their Mail servers Crash their web servers.. DDNS attack Anyone????

Most Old battlestar fans i know did not even know of Caprica's existence before it hit Free to Air.. Shows you just how well it was publicised then eh??? Mind you they are hungily watching it on Free-To Air. hell i got my Media Center Recording each episode (as i am working when its on).

I just Hope 7Mate screens all the Eps too in 1 hit without breaking up the season like SyFy did. ..

I think this is in part why Free to Air delayed showing it untill the entire season was released. Nothing kills a show faster than breaking up the season for more than 6-9 months. Moving it to a ridiculous time slot and not promoting the show.

WWE is full of Fake, staged, poor acting its barely rates as entertainment. Match commentary is also very POOR. Saw one show and turned the channel after first 5 mins. (ahh remembers the fun times of WWF, with Hulk Hogan, Jake the Snake, that was at least mildly entertaining) Wrestling certainly aint what it used to be.

Poor Decision SyFy..
In the immortal Derryn Hinch's Words...
"Shame, Syfy, Shame"

#338 rlincoln

rlincoln

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:51 PM

SyFy: You have truly and honestly sunken to a new low here. I and millions of others here want to see Science Fiction Television and we get more of that from fox or cbs than we do from our supposed Science Fiction dedicated channel.

My question to you is how do you justify garbage like Destination Truth and Ghost Hunters as science fiction when these are clearly not science fiction. They a) are in no way related to science at all in any way, shape or form. Destination truth even negates the title you give with its title a show in search of the TRUTH on a Fiction channel? Ya that makes sense.

I will be looking to start a petition to get Syfy removed from my local programming. I already called my cable company and asked them to remove it from my lineup. I will not receive any discount on it from my cable provider but atleast I know it's gone. Hopefully this pathetic excuse of a Science fiction channel will be gone soon as well.

You have crossed the last line here SyFy. Now my crusade is to see you go down in fiery shame.

Chant with me people!! DOWN WITH SYFY!!

Sign the petition here:

*UPDATED*
http://www.ipetition...n/vote-no2syfy/

#339 Android0071

Android0071

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:31 PM

It is a true tragedy when I heard that another science fiction show that just started was going to be cancelled only after a season. The show I'm refering to is Caprica. This a shame for two really good reasons one is that it show the birthplace and creation of the cylon race. Another important reason is that it could have shed light on the mythology and evolution of the Cylon race how they managed to evolve to a perfect human form. It could have also given the Battlestar Galactica series a much greater depth to the story line. This just proves to me so much more that it is not the average Joe programing what is on TV especially when it comes to science fiction, but it is the big wig executives that only care about the bottom line. This being how much money can the show put in our pockets. Again I am apalled at why good shows are axed when stupid reality shows get more and more air time. What was even worse is that in some of the comments are heard that SyFy channel is showing more and more wrestling shows. This I can't understand because what does wrestling have to do with science fiction. In my opion absolutely nothing. I wish that the executive would return to their senses and keep the SyFy channel devoted to what it should be science fiction. I have also heard that possibly the next show to get axed is Stargate Univers, which I just started to watch and I really enjoy because there are very few good science fiction shows left. The sad truth is that unless people speak nothing will happen because the executives don't care.

#340 Dennis11

Dennis11

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:06 PM

A woman I work with just got cable and was terribly excited to be able to see Caprica ........ then...... it was gone before she had a chance to watch it. Needless to say she is not happy with SyFy.

I understand it's about advertisers, and viewing numbers and paying for the episodes, yet I am still disappointed. I feel it was written to be a little to close to what America is going through ...... just to dark for the times. Th writers shuld have given viewers a little hope for a happy future.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users