10 replies to this topic

#1 dan350zr

dan350zr

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:50 AM

I really hope syfy allows the series a proper ending by allowing a 2 hour movie to tie up the important plot lines. It would also be a great way to setup Chrome and Blood. They did this with Stargate SG-1 after it got cancelled.....

#2 kitkat3ny

kitkat3ny

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:48 AM

I really hope syfy allows the series a proper ending by allowing a 2 hour movie to tie up the important plot lines. It would also be a great way to setup Chrome and Blood. They did this with Stargate SG-1 after it got cancelled.....

Agreed.

#3 Phinvader

Phinvader

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:54 AM

SG1 was cancelled? I thought it simply ended. Maybe because it ran 10 seasons. I think Firefly would be a better comparison. One season and done, then a movie.

I also would love to see a Caprica movie, even if its on Sy Fy rather than on the big screen like Serenity.
Hey Hollywood and SyFy...We do NOT need another forensics show OR another vampire show, OR ESPECIALLY another reality show. Do the right thing and let the good shows run for more than one season and end with a resolution.

#4 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,193 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:38 AM

Maybe they can do a two- or four-hour movie that will end the series on a satisfactory note, perhaps one that leads to Blood and Chrome.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#5 dan350zr

dan350zr

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:39 AM

SG1 was cancelled? I thought it simply ended. Maybe because it ran 10 seasons. I think Firefly would be a better comparison. One season and done, then a movie.

I also would love to see a Caprica movie, even if its on Sy Fy rather than on the big screen like Serenity.

It was cancelled thats why they had to make a movie to end the plot line of the Ori......

Doesn't look like Caprica will get one tho.... I don't think NBC wants any show thats expensive to make, I doubt anything will come of Blood and Chrome as SyFy look sto be moving towards more reality type shows and very cheaply made sci-fi shows...

Only chance I think the Stargate Series or Battlestar Series have is if they get picked up by premium cable channel like Sho/HBO/Starz .... Short of that I don't think will be seeing anymore of these series....

#6 Nettronic

Nettronic

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:55 AM

Yes cuz the SG-1 movies were so great LOL

Not sure they tied up anything. But were great independent SG films

Unlike SGU

Which really was NOTHING like stargate. except they had a ring that allowed them to wormhole to other places. the stupid (popular for other things) camera work and serial storyline however good it might have been was so completely unlike stargate.

BSG sucked too until like the 5th season I went Oh...

#7 Nettronic

Nettronic

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:56 AM

This forum sucks. clciking edit button does nothing.

#8 12398764398

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:13 PM

Why would they make Blood and Chrome now? I'm thinking another BSG 'flop' is the last think WWEFY wants now.

Caprica was the only SyFy series my wife would get in to, because it had the drama element.

We are watching Terra Nova now.

Caprica's primary problem is that the production scheduling left HUGE gaps in airing the show. Fans didn't know what they would get when they tuned in.

It's kinda sad really. But watching the last five episodes, it got to be a dark story, and probably didn't merit completion anyways. In my opinion.

#9 solecist

solecist

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:48 PM

watching the last five episodes, it got to be a dark story, and probably didn't merit completion anyways. In my opinion.

of course your are entitled to it, but i couldn't disagree more. the caprica/b&c/bsg arc is about as dark as you could hope to be, and that caprica was moving into that territory, for me, was a step in the right direction.
there is no 'caprica' on caprica.

#10 B5er

B5er

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:47 PM

I think Caprica had a fine ending. Sure, I would've preferred the Coda was a trailer for S2, but, I think it was tied up just fine. Sure, a movie or 4 hour Mini-Series would be great, but, it's not needed to tie up the arc of the Series, IMHO. We got great closure.

What is it everyone believes didn't get closure?

Nettronic, what are you talking about BSG S5? It only ran for 4 seasons?

#11 chrishernandez80s

chrishernandez80s

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

They told nothing about the what happened to the rest of the Cylons and how they came to believe in only one god; all the characters on the show were left in limbo and are supposedly dead by the time of Blood And Chrome; so basically Caprica is missing its own myth which is how and why does a society like that morph into raging a war against artificial intelligence that they created? Are you being purposely blind to get people rattled up or what? Caprica season one was all set-up with no pay-off, left like it is, it sucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users