Photo
- - - - -

SY FY Needs a Sequel to Taken Miniseries

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: SY FY Needs a Sequel to Taken Miniseries (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Want a Sequel To Spielberg's Taken?

1. Absolutely !!! (2 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Not Particularly (3 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

3. No I Want More Wrestling (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 RickLester

RickLester

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:12 AM

I just tonight watched the last 2 episodes of Spielberg's Taken. Man that was really top quality science fiction. And looking on the internet I learned that the series totally blew away the rating for the Science Fiction Channel. And it won an Academy Award for best miniseries. Dakota Fanning is now old enough that she could star in a sequel with complete credibility. It would be expensive naturally, but would put SY FY's ratings through the ceiling and sales of DVD's would make big money for decades.

Face it people, the SY FY channel seriously needs better material. The problem is the expense. Quite possibly only a movie production could afford it. I would LOVE another 20 hour series, but I would certainly go see the movie.

#2 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,713 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:04 AM

...and sales of DVD's would make big money for decades.

Since Syfy is a distributor, it does not benefit from DVD sales.

#3 ThPrimes

ThPrimes

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:54 AM

Perhaps the last gasp of Whitley Strieber's alien abduction conspiracy craze is The Fourth Kind. What was ever so sexy in 2002 is uncool today. The real killing blow has to be that since then, abduction has grown to be largely discredited in pop culture. (due in no small part to Hollywood overexposure) They used to come stealthily in the night to give you nightmares, now they show up in broad daylight to crush, crumble and stomp (insert name of) city.

So would you settle for Dakota Fanning's sister in Steven Spielberg's executive produced Super 8? Or Steven Spielberg's executive produced Cowboys and Aliens? Or Steven Spielberg produced Falling Skies? Or Leslie Bohem scripted The Darkest Hour? And this is some of the good? stuff. Skyline and Battlefield are preemptive raindrops from the downpour.

Don't blame the messenger. This is the next overexposed genre the creative brains behind Taken have moved on to, joining many others. For some reason, Hollywood wants humans to fight back harder! War of the Worlds was just too one sided. Killing them with the common cold is boring. Nukes are better. Maybe precisely because of all those years of helpless victimized abductions. Give me a bazooka. This one is for Betty and Barney Hill.

fwiw I liked Taken too. Posted Image

There were voices down the corridor,

I thought I heard them say,

Imagine greater

#4 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,038 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:20 AM

There was a sequel to Taken. It was The 4400, or as Spielberg called it: Put Back.
:P

(Spielberg's joke, not mine.)

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users