• Please log in to reply
3294 replies to this topic

#3161 sorryabouturluck

sorryabouturluck

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

So what is David Hewlett gonna do with all the SGU sets he bought ?

Sorry if this has already been discussed...

Dvaid Hewlett interview with io9
Hmmm ? Believe what you want, I wont hold that against you in any way, shape or form. Please, be just as polite with me.

#3162 bheadher

bheadher

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

So what is David Hewlett gonna do with all the SGU sets he bought ?

Sorry if this has already been discussed...

Dvaid Hewlett interview with io9

Well, as they implied in the interview, those set pieces could be used for his pet project Star Crossed...just a guess, but I doubt they'll end up in his living room... :P

And has been bantered around for over a year now, Star Gate "anything" will likely be a long time down the road if it gets done at all. You have to take into consideration the world economy is way down now, MGM (who owns the rights to the Star Gate franchise outright) doesn't have a lot of dollars to spend right now, and after SGU's failure there isn't much enthusiasm right now to produce another either. So the waiting game becomes the dominant reality show for the time being... <_<
Posted Image
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don't you wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence?
There's one marked 'Brightness,' but it doesn't work - Gallagher

You are traveling through another dimension..
a dimension of sight and sound...reality and rational thinking are forbidden.
Rod Serling had the Twighlight Zone, SkiffyGirl has her SkiffyZone...

Welcome to my world of fun and enlightenment...you are entering-

THE SILLY ZONE!

#3163 sorryabouturluck

sorryabouturluck

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

Posted Image
Hmmm ? Believe what you want, I wont hold that against you in any way, shape or form. Please, be just as polite with me.

#3164 Flick1964

Flick1964

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

Always economy and always money. Can't you see that your actions are being manipulated? Yes, life has become more expensive, and not the first time. But if the TV screen saying the word "crisis", you (we all) stores, figuratively speaking, food water and cash. Emptying the bank account and shelves in the stores. We are by our actions creating the crisis. You have to agree that if the media did not report, then we would not know about the crisis. And continue to live as lived, a little surprised or indignant at the price of fuel.

But the "crisis" - the perfect excuse for government action to which they would not have dared otherwise.

#3165 Anoobass

Anoobass

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:28 AM

This was the best show on SYFY second only to SG1 IMO. It was really disappointing when I discovered its cancellation. As a science teach and an military veteran, this show was right up my ally, but I guess most people couldn't relate to what was going on. I still miss looking forward to this show.
"Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrope."

H.G. Wells.

#3166 Nicole4ever

Nicole4ever

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

I just got done watching SGU on Netflix. It's a really good series. I've watched the other Stargates and this one is just as good. I'm upset that they ended it.

#3167 MillerHill

MillerHill

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

Hey Folks,

As you know SGU has been cancelled due to low ratings. Syfy will not continue Stargate Universe.

I decided to give the other thread a rest, which has turn into 1200 posts of bickering fests and personal attacking and whatnot. So as I clean that thread up, feel free to continue the discussion here. However...

Here are some ground rules with this new thread..

1.) No gloating the show has been cancelled
2.) Respect the members and mods here. No bashing other members or the mods for their decisions. Especially other fans like SGU fans, SGA fans or SG-1 fans.

3.) No more posts about Boycotting Syfy, or calling the network employees idiots or morons.

4.) Keep the off-topic chatter to a limit, we have a General Discussion thread here in the pinned thread section

5.) No posts talking about illegal downloading, especially posting links to sites.

6.) Overall, keeps things Civil. Respect people's opinions even if you disagree.

*If you have a problem with a moderation decision, send a mod a Private Message, DO NOT post it in the open forum*

*First offense will result in a warning, if another offense follows could lead to suspension or even banishment.*

Thank you.

Squall28
Forum Moderator

I disagree with rule 3. Some times the truth stings, get over it. But any ways IMO, had they counted the web views as ratings we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place. SG-U was by far the best one ever aired. Don't get me wrong I liked all the other ones as well, but SG-U pwnd them all. To bad this show didn't have the mind power behind it to make it work.

#3168 MrDarkwood

MrDarkwood

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

I can't say I was a great fan of the original SG series and its spin offs myself.  I watched several SGU episodes but in the end I gave up on it.  I found it watchable & it did hold my interest more than the original SG series.  I thought it had potential but unfortunately it didn't seem to be going anyway in particular - it was just a bunch of guys and gals drifting around in space & as they never seemed to meet anything much by way of aliens etc to interact with it felt quite limited in terms of where it could go.  That's why I gave up on it towards the end of the first season.

I think it could have done with stronger story arcs / a change of pace / something else added into the mix after the first half a dozen or so episodes to give it some momentum beyond a single season.

#3169 zexks

zexks

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

IMO Why did SGU fail. Because they intentionally ended a good already established series (SGA) in order to push out another spin off. Atlantis was just getting to the meat of the production, the character development episodes. This is what made SG1 so popular was that it had 'in-between' development episodes that (at least they appeared to be) were lower in production cost but higher in content, story diving, and character development. Then right after ending one of the longest running sci fi series ever created the ended it's tied into spin-off in less than half the running time, with plenty of elements left to discuss. Then on top of that they created an entirely new basis for exploration in the SG universe, that of an actual ship to explore with. Then we have the writing of SGU the long drawn out stories where they build up all these things for the first 45 minutes, and then attempt to resolve it all in the last 5. This was something I noticed after watching the entire first season back to back on netflix. The story doesn't really go anywhere for episodes at a time. So you watch (wait through) 2 months worth of shows only to watch a season finally in which nothing really happens or they make you wait the summer/winter break period for a conclusion (that was generally anti-climactic).

TLDR:
They (whoever 'they' is) intentionally killed SGA prematurely at a time when the story was truly starting to develop, in order to push out a new version of the SG franchise and it was blatantly apparent. This combined with the slow development of the story in the first couple of seasons led to the decline in viewership. I can only imagine others, like me, decided to forgo the live episodes in the hopes that (like SG1 prior) of catching monday night rerun marathons to catch entire arcs of the story in MUCH shorter swoops.

Here's hoping to a future return of the franchise to revive this storyline in whatever format allows it, as there is still tremendous potential for this series.

#3170 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,751 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

They (whoever 'they' is)...

MGM

#3171 themaingmaster

themaingmaster

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

Posted Image

To those of little, or no faith where Stargate is concerned, to those who have found joy in the ending of the franchise, to those nay sayers, cheeleaders of negativity, and all around mean spirited gators where ANY SG is involved, there's this... posted from MGM'S SG Facebook...

"""Stargate SG-1 Wow what a day! Tonight the Stargate Convention in Vancouver, is buzzing with excitement about an earlier announcement made by independent producer, Darren Thomas. Fans were treated to previously unreleased news about MGM's collaboration on a new SG-1 App designed for smart phones and tablets. The scoop from Thomas ...is that MGM is reviving SG-1 albeit in a new format- music to the ears of many fans around the world. Thomas didn't want to divulge more, but he did say that "plans are underway and I wish I could tell you more. The good news is that we will be unveiling something big at this year's Comic-Con in San Diego". But in the meantime stay tuned for more information right here on the SG-1 official MGM page.

"""

This is music to my ears! Of course once, ANY SG is back in production, this fan is sure that everyone who said it was "gone forever" will say that they were just kidding, or didn't mean it, or what ever other excuse they can come up with for saying what they said about the endless demise of Stargate, just so that most of them can be part of the in-crowd celebration, or simply not look clueless! ..

Okay, It's not official yet ... but almost. ... I can't wait !!

For those of you who simply did not want Stargate to return, you have my sympathy! Plans continue to save future stargate travel, and they WILL continue untill we hear the WHOOSH that most of us have come to know and love once again!

Posted Image

Have a blessed day,

respectuflly,

tmgm

Posted Image

#3172 StargateFan2012

StargateFan2012

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

"a new SG-1 App designed for smart phones and tablets"

OMG, I'm so excited my panties are wet. Are you kidding me? They are pushing this dribble to sell residuals. Wake up world, the gate is closed. MGM has screwed us all, and maybe it's time to move on. The so-called Legacy series books is a pathetic joke, written by women who love to castrate men. Get real.

Honey, where is my medication? These Stargazers are really starting to pizz me off.

Posted Image

#3173 Jaessa

Jaessa

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

I have never watched much of the stargate shows but my hubby has always been a huge fan so when he asked me to watch stargate universe with him I agreed not really knowing if I would like the series. I don't watch tv anymore and haven't for a couple of years I watch shows on netflix, hulu or so on because every time I get into a show like this one among many others they cancel it and leave ones like all these trashy waste of good time reality shows on not for me. I carefully choose the shows I know were finished like all projects brought on should be, against my better judgement I got into the stargate universe show and loved it I was angry and confused as to how this show would not be brought back. If anyone worth their salt on Syfy or any other network would do some research they would see the large fan base this show has and finish the story, fans need to be able to trust the networks they give their loyalty to if you continue to take the shows they love without a proper ending you will have more and more people go to the internet to find the shows they want to watch that will end right. I pay around 25 dollars a month to watch the shows and movies i want to watch most without commercials online, I pay around 120 for cable and most of the programs I love will be canceled without a proper ending not for me anymore. I wish you had been faithful to us your fans and finished this story among others you have brought to us then left hanging and maybe then your ratings among many others wouldn't be suffering so much. I choose from now on as is my right to watch only the programs that are done right and finished so as not to be left hanging on a story I will never know the ending to, it's a shame that we are taught once more by example that it's ok to not finish what we start. I love this show and applaud the writers, directors and whoever else worked on this wonderful project I'm sorry you also were left without a proper ending to a story you dedicated so much to.

#3174 Gatefan1976

Gatefan1976

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 507 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

I have never watched much of the stargate shows but my hubby has always been a huge fan so when he asked me to watch stargate universe with him I agreed not really knowing if I would like the series. I don't watch tv anymore and haven't for a couple of years I watch shows on netflix, hulu or so on because every time I get into a show like this one among many others they cancel it and leave ones like all these trashy waste of good time reality shows on not for me. I carefully choose the shows I know were finished like all projects brought on should be, against my better judgement I got into the stargate universe show and loved it I was angry and confused as to how this show would not be brought back. If anyone worth their salt on Syfy or any other network would do some research they would see the large fan base this show has and finish the story, fans need to be able to trust the networks they give their loyalty to if you continue to take the shows they love without a proper ending you will have more and more people go to the internet to find the shows they want to watch that will end right. I pay around 25 dollars a month to watch the shows and movies i want to watch most without commercials online, I pay around 120 for cable and most of the programs I love will be canceled without a proper ending not for me anymore. I wish you had been faithful to us your fans and finished this story among others you have brought to us then left hanging and maybe then your ratings among many others wouldn't be suffering so much. I choose from now on as is my right to watch only the programs that are done right and finished so as not to be left hanging on a story I will never know the ending to, it's a shame that we are taught once more by example that it's ok to not finish what we start. I love this show and applaud the writers, directors and whoever else worked on this wonderful project I'm sorry you also were left without a proper ending to a story you dedicated so much to.

Ummmm.

I give up.
It's just not worth the headache.

#3175 bheadher

bheadher

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

Ummmm.

I give up.
It's just not worth the headache.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don't you wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence?
There's one marked 'Brightness,' but it doesn't work - Gallagher

You are traveling through another dimension..
a dimension of sight and sound...reality and rational thinking are forbidden.
Rod Serling had the Twighlight Zone, SkiffyGirl has her SkiffyZone...

Welcome to my world of fun and enlightenment...you are entering-

THE SILLY ZONE!

#3176 Stumpy1961

Stumpy1961

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:44 AM

Hey Folks,

As you know SGU has been cancelled due to low ratings. Syfy will not continue Stargate Universe.

I decided to give the other thread a rest, which has turn into 1200 posts of bickering fests and personal attacking and whatnot. So as I clean that thread up, feel free to continue the discussion here. However...

Here are some ground rules with this new thread..

1.) No gloating the show has been cancelled
2.) Respect the members and mods here. No bashing other members or the mods for their decisions. Especially other fans like SGU fans, SGA fans or SG-1 fans.

3.) No more posts about Boycotting Syfy, or calling the network employees idiots or morons.

4.) Keep the off-topic chatter to a limit, we have a General Discussion thread here in the pinned thread section

5.) No posts talking about illegal downloading, especially posting links to sites.

6.) Overall, keeps things Civil. Respect people's opinions even if you disagree.

*If you have a problem with a moderation decision, send a mod a Private Message, DO NOT post it in the open forum*

*First offense will result in a warning, if another offense follows could lead to suspension or even banishment.*

Thank you.

Squall28
Forum Moderator

#3177 Stumpy1961

Stumpy1961

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:47 AM

I think it was a shame to see it go, as I really liked the show. It had enormous potental, but was a little slow paced. The writers needed to add more action. Ending any series and leaving those who were watching it hanging is just wrong thouigh.

#3178 Stumpy1961

Stumpy1961

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:53 AM

So..... skeeters still fair game?

*looks innocent* :unsure:

Bandit

#3179 Stumpy1961

Stumpy1961

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:04 AM

Posted ImageI'm not boycotting Syfy. When Eureka finishes this season and goes off the air, I'll stick to watching shows on Netflix, as its the best deal these days for television anyway. Shame that there won't be any shows in space anymore. Guess O'bama got his way in getting rid of our thinking that there really is a final frontier out there. Retire the shuttles without a replacement, only keep one American on the International Space Station despite the fact that it was our idea to build it in the first place. Both shuttle accidents could have been avoided had management done their job, as there was a request by one of the engineers to have one of our spy satalites take a look at the shuttle to see if any damage had been done to her right after she got into orbit...a request that was turned down. After Eureka, I guess the Syfy channel will be showing reruns of Gilligan's Island, because none of their other shows are nearly as good as the Star Gate Series and Eureka were. I think its way past time to bring back Star Trek!!! More on Battlestar Gallactica would be great too.

#3180 rodierno

rodierno

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

To those of little, or no faith where Stargate is concerned, to those who have found joy in the ending of the franchise, to those nay sayers, cheeleaders of negativity, and all around mean spirited gators where ANY SG is involved, there's this... posted from MGM'S SG Facebook...

"""Stargate SG-1 Wow what a day! Tonight the Stargate Convention in Vancouver, is buzzing with excitement about an earlier announcement made by independent producer, Darren Thomas. Fans were treated to previously unreleased news about MGM's collaboration on a new SG-1 App designed for smart phones and tablets. The scoop from Thomas ...is that MGM is reviving SG-1 albeit in a new format- music to the ears of many fans around the world. Thomas didn't want to divulge more, but he did say that "plans are underway and I wish I could tell you more. The good news is that we will be unveiling something big at this year's Comic-Con in San Diego". But in the meantime stay tuned for more information right here on the SG-1 official MGM page.

"""

This is music to my ears! Of course once, ANY SG is back in production, this fan is sure that everyone who said it was "gone forever" will say that they were just kidding, or didn't mean it, or what ever other excuse they can come up with for saying what they said about the endless demise of Stargate, just so that most of them can be part of the in-crowd celebration, or simply not look clueless! ..

Okay, It's not official yet ... but almost. ... I can't wait !!

For those of you who simply did not want Stargate to return, you have my sympathy! Plans continue to save future stargate travel, and they WILL continue untill we hear the WHOOSH that most of us have come to know and love once again!

Posted Image

Have a blessed day,

respectuflly,

tmgm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users