6 replies to this topic

#1 MasterSidious

MasterSidious

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,106 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 05:36 PM

I hunted for this particular subject matter but couldn't fins anything about the Atlantis movie plans being shelved or cancelled, sorry if this is a duplicate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stargate Atlantis Movie Shelved 'Indefinitely'
20 hours ago

A planned big screen adaption of Stargate Atlantis has been shelved "indefinitely" following the cancellation of sci-fi TV show Stargate Universe earlier this month.

The series, a spin-off from popular 1994 film Stargate, will come to an end in the spring, and the axing of the show appears to have put plans for a movie on hold.

TV show Stargate Atlantis aired from 2004 to 2009.

In a post on his blog, executive producer Joe Mallozzi reveals, "I'm sorry to say, but the cancellation puts the brakes on whatever progress the Sga movie had made in the past month.

"Contrary to what some may think, the cancellation of Sgu is very bad news for those looking forward to an Atlantis movie."

Posted Image

#2 t3ss3ract

t3ss3ract

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 220 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:36 PM

It wasn't really necessary to post this three times, was it?

I love humanity....it's people that I can't stand!

#3 MasterSidious

MasterSidious

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,106 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:39 PM

Geeeee, I must have studdered. :P
Posted Image

#4 MasterSidious

MasterSidious

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,106 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

So...
Is there some board regulation against redundant messages??
But I'm surely glad you're concerned.
Perhaps you should apply for a job as board moderator then everybody would understand.

Posted Image

#5 MasterSidious

MasterSidious

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,106 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

So...
Is there some board regulation against redundant messages??
But I'm surely glad you're concerned.
Perhaps you should apply for a job as board moderator then everybody would understand.

Posted Image

#6 stclare

stclare

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:43 AM

I hunted for this particular subject matter but couldn't fins anything about the Atlantis movie plans being shelved or cancelled, sorry if this is a duplicate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 hours ago

A planned big screen adaption of Stargate Atlantis has been shelved "indefinitely" following the cancellation of sci-fi TV show Stargate Universe earlier this month.

The series, a spin-off from popular 1994 film Stargate, will come to an end in the spring, and the axing of the show appears to have put plans for a movie on hold.

In a post on his blog, executive producer Joe Mallozzi reveals, "I'm sorry to say, but the cancellation puts the brakes on whatever progress the Sga movie had made in the past month.

"Contrary to what some may think, the cancellation of Sgu is very bad news for those looking forward to an Atlantis movie."

The fact that NOTHING has happened in the 2 years since BW cancelled SGA was all we needed to know.

Id like to know what movement there was??? since sgu ratings have been in the dumpster for the last 10+ eps, was that movement in mallozies shorts at loosing his beloved sgu :P

#7 LadySciFi

LadySciFi

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,434 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:49 PM

20 hours ago

You know MS as well as I that those are empty words. They haven't done anything with the SGA movie since Joe Mallozzi finished the SGA movie script over a year ago.
The cancellation of SGU just gives them an excuse to say what we have all have known for 2 years now. They really never had any intentions of a SGA movie. They just tried to string the SGA fans along so that we would watch SGU. It didn't work, and the show tanked.
God only knows if there was ever a SGA movie script to begin with. <_<

Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users