2263 replies to this topic

#1 brattyc2

brattyc2

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:31 PM

It's hard to believe another year has passed by so fast but Mr. Pís still here and so is his great food! Come on over, we'll be saving a seat in the B) kid's booth for you!

sig2.jpg

#2 brattyc2

brattyc2

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:50 PM

In case you want to reminisce about the year that passed, you can find it here.

Happy 2011!!

sig2.jpg

#3 pippin1

pippin1

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:56 AM

Happy New Year Everyone!

Don't forget to eat your blackeyed peas for luck today. :P

pippin

index.jpg

#4 DutyCalls

DutyCalls

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:39 AM

strange.... I've been transported ??? ...:unsure:

A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR
- Hope all good things come to you this year xx

:) DC

"Let me assure this House that her Majesty's Government has never been approached by people from outer space..." ( - 1979 Government briefing for the House of Lords)

... are you out of your Vulcan mind ?

#5 brattyc2

brattyc2

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:16 AM

Good morning, hope the new year is starting off a good one for you all and that you didn't party too hardy LOL.

If anyone is interested in breakfast, it's my treat. Make mine sausage patties and a cheese omelet please. Oh yea, don't forget the coffee. :D

sig2.jpg

#6 rowdyb

rowdyb

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,548 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:22 PM

Well I can't say good morning, thats long past. Seems I slept through it, well the last part anyway. Out all night and running wild is to much for this old far~t. Hit the bed about 7 this morning, what a way to spend a Sat. not for me. No I'm not a fall Roswell loving drunk but I do like to play poker. DC, I don't think I could close the door to this forum if I wanted to. I've fought too hard to get back in everytime syfi starts screwing around with it.
B, thanks for the breakfast offer I guess I'll just have what ever Mr. P. has planned for the NY day special. Pippin I hope it's not blackeyed peas. Around here the first day of the new year calls for cooking cabbage with a silver coin in it. However that's not easy to come by these days. The silver that is. I don't like cooked cabbage either. Maybe thats why I havn't prospered so well in my years, but hey we still have the gang at the CrashDown. BTW do you believe almost 300 syfi fans are having b-days today and I didn't reconize the first as a Roswell fan. go figure!
Posted Image

#7 pippin1

pippin1

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:47 PM

Hey all!! I'll have pot roast, mashed taters, blackeyed peas, cornbread and iced tea.

I'm not crazy about blackeyed peas but when cabbage is being cooked I have to leave the house. <_<

Whatever you eat, I hope it gives you lotz o luck and fortune. :)

pippin

index.jpg

#8 brattyc2

brattyc2

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:49 AM

Posted ImageGood morning, did everyone sleep well? Looks like we're in for another warm one today, maybe mid 70s. Maybe the strawberries and oranges will have a chance to recoup from the cold spell.

Hey pippin, no blackeyed peas for me, my family's tradition is sauerkraut and pork...but then I don't do that either-LOL. I've found that nothing works, so I just leave my luck to chance.

I guess I better git to the rl I've been putting off all week so I'll have a couple of pieces of pumpkin bread with my coffee to get things started. Enjoy the day cause Monday will be here soon.

sig2.jpg

#9 DutyCalls

DutyCalls

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:13 AM

Morning Guys

How are you all doing? .... - a large HC for me please...

Hey pippin, no blackeyed peas for me, my family's tradition is sauerkraut and pork...but then I don't do that either-LOL. I've found that nothing works, so I just leave my luck to chance.

(Bratty you'll jus' have to make up your own traditional 'food' over the holiday season?)

I heard on the news that you all went back to work last Monday (thru the snow!) ... Do you guys not have 'Bank holidays' to cover when main festivals fall over a weekend?
Last week, because Christmas and Boxing Day was over the w/e - we also had a Monday and Tuesday Bank hol to cover it? ... it's the same again tomorrow, New Years Day fell on Sat (which is supposed to be a break-day anyway) so we get Monday off??? :unsure: - Hey, if you don't then maybe you need to start campaigning for it!...

"Let me assure this House that her Majesty's Government has never been approached by people from outer space..." ( - 1979 Government briefing for the House of Lords)

#10 brattyc2

brattyc2

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:03 AM

I heard on the news that you all went back to work last Monday (thru the snow!) ... Do you guys not have 'Bank holidays' to cover when main festivals fall over a weekend?
Last week, because Christmas and Boxing Day was over the w/e - we also had a Monday and Tuesday Bank hol to cover it? ... it's the same again tomorrow, New Years Day fell on Sat (which is supposed to be a break-day anyway) so we get Monday off??? :unsure: - Hey, if you don't then maybe you need to start campaigning for it!...

Where I work (in a factory) we usually work Christmas eve, if it's a weekday-well we work about 1/2 a day, have a Christmas party, then leave early then we shut down for a company paid vacation, then we go back the first Monday after the new year starts...usually giving us about 10-11 days off. But that's just us cause it's silly to go in and start machines for 1 or 2 days just to shut down again. So I'll take that, but it's the going back after that time off that makes me Posted Image

sig2.jpg

#11 rowdyb

rowdyb

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,548 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:27 AM

Morning guys, back to work tomorrow and not another holiday for 5 months.

B, my wall is bare where there was a calendar for so long. :( You see we never miss it till its gone.

Coffee and sprinkled ones to fill the emptyness I feel now. :lol:
Posted Image

#12 AuroraStar

AuroraStar

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:15 AM

Posted Image

#13 brattyc2

brattyc2

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:58 PM

Well, another holiday week off has come to an end which means things will be getting back to normal tomorrow. So what better way to end it than with a big order of VMP and a cherry coke please. If there's any coconut cream pie sitting around, I'll take a piece of that too. I hear the B) kids booth calling so you know where to find me :D

sig2.jpg

#14 rowdyb

rowdyb

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,548 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:03 PM

Looks like a quiet place here today. Mr. P can't afford to keep the light on at this rate.
Fire up the grill and hit me with a Beam Me Up Burger, a Plutonium Platter, Asteroid Pie only one peice though and Cherry coke just to cool things down.
Posted Image

#15 rowdyb

rowdyb

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,548 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:08 PM

Hey B, how was the first day back on the job? I like the new avatar video. B)
Posted Image

#16 brattyc2

brattyc2

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:25 PM

Hey B, how was the first day back on the job? I like the new avatar video. B)

Hey back at ya rowdyb, it wasn't too bad til I got home, now it's gradually catching up to me :huh: Hope your day treated you good. Thanks about the avi, it's from one of the best scenes in Deathly Hallows. Have you heard the song "O Children" by Nick Cave? That's the song they danced to, it's awesome.

I guess I'm too late for dinner, but can't let Mr. P down. I'll have a cherry coke and a Galaxy Melt and a seat in the B) place.

sig2.jpg

#17 pippin1

pippin1

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:28 AM

R.I.P.

When I was a young minister, a funeral director asked me to hold a grave side service for a homeless man with no family or friends. The funeral was to be at a cemetery way out in the country. This was a new cemetery and this man was the first to be laid to rest there.

I was not familiar with the area and became lost. Being a typical man, of course, I did not ask for directions. I finally found the cemetery about an hour late. The back hoe was there and the crew was eating their lunch. The hearse was nowhere to be seen.

I apologized to the workers for being late. As I looked into the open grave, I saw the vault lid already in place. I told the workers I would not keep them long, but that this was the proper thing to do. The workers, still eating their lunch, gathered around the opening.

I was young and enthusiastic and poured out my heart and soul as I preached. The workers joined in with, "Praise the Lord," "Amen," and "Glory!" I got so into the service that I preached and preached and preached, from Genesis to The Revelation.

When the service was over, I said a prayer and walked to my car. As I opened the door, I heard one of the workers say, "I never saw anything like that before and I've been putting in septic systems for twenty years."

pippin

index.jpg

#18 rowdyb

rowdyb

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,548 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

That's a good one Pip. That's probably where they'll lay my old bones to rest.

On to a sunnierside, how about a Sig, Weaver burger, o-rings and a cherry coke just for fun.
Posted Image

#19 DutyCalls

DutyCalls

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:24 PM

Ooo bit late today - - - just popping in to say Hi Guys ! I'll have a Galaxy melt and an Alien Blast, plus wouldn't mind some pumpkin pie if there's any hanging around ... a very large slice please ! :)

Catch you later guys..

#20 AuroraStar

AuroraStar

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:35 PM

Hi guys Posted ImageI'll have a Will Smith ... and a cherry coke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users