• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 byugirl

byugirl

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:55 PM

I was a fan of the BBC Being Human. I like the BBC version better, especially Aidan Turner and Lenora Crichlow. Aidan Turner has the sexy vampire thing down pat and doesn't wax his brows. Unless our American vampire is going to become a Vulcan, he should stop waxing! Lenora just comes across more innocent and sweet than her American counterpart . I don't understand why SyFy kept the plot and characters and changed the names? However, the acting is very good and I will watch again.

#2 kiraq0

kiraq0

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:04 AM

I was a fan of the BBC Being Human. I like the BBC version better, especially Aidan Turner and Lenora Crichlow. Aidan Turner has the sexy vampire thing down pat and doesn't wax his brows. Unless our American vampire is going to become a Vulcan, he should stop waxing! Lenora just comes across more innocent and sweet than her American counterpart . I don't understand why SyFy kept the plot and characters and changed the names? However, the acting is very good and I will watch again.

I like both, but the actor who portrays the werewolf in the BBC version looks very familiar to me. Does anyone know what else he has been on? I'm almost positive it was either horror of sci-fi.

Oh, and I prefer the actress who played the ghost in the pilot more than her replacement in the series.

#3 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,625 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:11 PM

I like both, but the actor who portrays the werewolf in the BBC version looks very familiar to me. Does anyone know what else he has been on? I'm almost positive it was either horror of sci-fi.

Russell Tovey appeared as Midshipman Frame in the Doctor Who Christmas special Voyage of the Damned.

His best-known non-genre roles to American audiences are probably either Little Dorrit (which was shown on PBS) or his breakout role in the play/film The History Boys.

#4 FTLDude

FTLDude

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:44 AM

Changed the names? Have you not noticed that SyFy copied Aidan Turner's first name and gave it to the American vamp? To be real, I don't think its fair to compare the two vamps. Aidan Turner is the better actor. He actually expresses emotions in his scenes! Sam Witwer just speaks his lines with the same expression on his face most of the time. I doubt that Sam Witwer waxes his eyebrows, but they put far too much 'girly' makeup on him. Even his hair looks like a wig.

#5 5thCylonKev

5thCylonKev

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:20 AM

Oh, and I prefer the actress who played the ghost in the pilot more than her replacement in the series.

Are you saying there was a different actress that played the ghost in the pilot? I thought it's been Meaghan Rath the whole time. In the BBC version, it was Lenora Crichlow.
Posted Image

Zoe Greystone shot my dog.
Dr. Rush just made me a new recliner. Can't wait to test it out.
Prisoner Zero will vacate the human residence or the human residence will be incinerated.

#6 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:34 AM

The BBC version had a different actor for the ghost and the vampire in the pilot (S01E00) that was produced much earlier than the series. A different bad guy vampire as well, tho the thug vamp stayed the same. If we're going to pick a favorite cast, I'd say those three were my favorite as well. I like the other two casts as well, but the first group struck me as the most original and fun dynamic.

Russel Tovey is the UK werewolf (both casts) and yes, you've seen him before. He was pretty much appearing in everything for a while, including a guest role in Ashes to Ashes (UK Life On Mars spinoff.)

Edited by Mreen, 22 February 2011 - 10:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users