• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 tazz2764

tazz2764

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:42 PM

I have been watching GH and GHI for as long as I can remember. I have also been to there website and read about each investigator currently on the show. First of all I'm the biggest skeptic of all, and have a hard time believing what they show on the T.V. however I'm always there every wed night watching all of it. On that note I have heard different thoughts on what the members of the show get paid. I have heard it is all volunteer and they do not get paid but there again I find that hard to believe. I'm sure that Jason and Grant owen all the rights to the Ghost Hunters name and any thing that is sold to the public with that name on it. So if there is anybody out there that knows the facts please let me know. I want to know how much they get paid per episode from Syfy and do they also make money off of GHI as well.

Thank you for your time on this

Tazz276403

#2 DrObvious

DrObvious

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:16 PM

The show is produced by Pilgrim films -- they are the ones that pay the on screen "talent" as well as the production costs.........

Sighfy purchases the show from them....

As far as what J&G get paid for doing the show --- they are listed as executive producers as well as being on screen, so I bet it is above average for this type of show. Add in the the income from books, merchandise, lectures, weekend hunts, and other appearances --- well let's just say the have a nice gig going...... But it's a life I wouldn't want.....

This is what I believe to be the case from reading posts here and my very limited knowledge of the TV industry. I doubt you will get exact dollar amounts, because it is none of our business how much they make......
The Doctor

#3 kwmbakl

kwmbakl

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:02 AM

I have read, and at the moment I can't remember where otherwise I would cite it, that Jason and Grant are pulling in somewhere in the range on $200,000-250,000 and episode.

#4 Blkops

Blkops

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:34 AM

Any idea on how their 'Inn' is doing? Wonder if business picked up?

#5 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:44 PM

I have read, and at the moment I can't remember where otherwise I would cite it, that Jason and Grant are pulling in somewhere in the range on $200,000-250,000 and episode.

You shouldn't throw numbers out there just for the fun of it. Some people might take you seriously.

I recommend a website called Google. Do a quick search with those amount and you'll find some interesting comparison. If you think your numbers still make sense. Fine.
I'm guess you'll correct yourself.

I'll save you some time but I am that good of a person :)

Steve Carell (The Office) $297,000
Gary Sinise
(CSI: NY ) $275,000
Angus T. Jones
(Two and a Half Men) $250,000
Patrick Dempsey
(Grey's Anatomy) $250,000
David Boreanaz (Bones) $200,000
Jeffrey Donovan (Burn Notice) $200,000
David Duchovny
(Californication) $200,000
Kevin Dillon
(Entourage) $200,000
Adrian Grenier
(Entourage) $200,000

#6 kwmbakl

kwmbakl

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:56 PM

You shouldn't throw numbers out there just for the fun of it. Some people might take you seriously.

I recommend a website called Google. Do a quick search with those amount and you'll find some interesting comparison. If you think your numbers still make sense. Fine.
I'm guess you'll correct yourself.

I'll save you some time but I am that good of a person :)

Steve Carell (The Office) $297,000
Gary Sinise
(CSI: NY ) $275,000
Angus T. Jones
(Two and a Half Men) $250,000
Patrick Dempsey
(Grey's Anatomy) $250,000
David Boreanaz (Bones) $200,000
Jeffrey Donovan (Burn Notice) $200,000
David Duchovny
(Californication) $200,000
Kevin Dillon
(Entourage) $200,000
Adrian Grenier
(Entourage) $200,000

Google is fun

The six main stars of 'Friends'

$750,000 per episode per cast member in seasons 7 and 8 Starting October 2000

$1,000,000 per episode per cast member is seasons 9 and 10 Starting September 2002

Heck Kate and Jon Gosselin were reported to be pulling in $75,000 per episode.

In 2009 Kyra Sedgwick 'The Closer' $275,000 per episode

Denis Leary 'Rescue Me' $250,000

So the 'stars' of the highest rated show on the network getting that kind of money is not too much to believe.

#7 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:09 PM

Problem here is that those shows are pulling a lot more viewers than GH. You also have to take into consideration that Syfy is on cable.Let's do the math real quick. 24 episodes per year. grant and jason pull 100k each. that's 4.8M just to pay these two guys. Seems high to me.However, $250,000 for the whole season sounds about right.

#8 kwmbakl

kwmbakl

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:34 PM

Problem here is that those shows are pulling a lot more viewers than GH. You also have to take into consideration that Syfy is on cable.Let's do the math real quick. 24 episodes per year. grant and jason pull 100k each. that's 4.8M just to pay these two guys. Seems high to me.However, $250,000 for the whole season sounds about right.

A little over $10,000 an episode seems a bit low.
Jon and Kate were on cable , so is 'The Closer" and 'Rescue Me'. Perhaps $200-250K is a bit high, but I would think it is closer to that number than the $10K. Also, they only exceeded 26 episodes in 2008 (27), they average 25 over the last two seasons and far less in seasons 1-3

Perhaps the figure I found was total income divided by episodes, so it would include personal appearances, book royalties and such (maybe even income from the Inn) I can't seem to locate that particular piece of information.

#9 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:51 PM

A little over $10,000 an episode seems a bit low.
Jon and Kate were on cable , so is 'The Closer" and 'Rescue Me'. Perhaps $200-250K is a bit high, but I would think it is closer to that number than the $10K. Also, they only exceeded 26 episodes in 2008 (27), they average 25 over the last two seasons and far less in seasons 1-3

Perhaps the figure I found was total income divided by episodes, so it would include personal appearances, book royalties and such (maybe even income from the Inn) I can't seem to locate that particular piece of information.

I can't seem to find anything either. Actually I found a website that said $50,000 per episode but it did not have any source of information and they refer to Jason and Grant as "Ghost Adventures" so it doesn't seem reliable.

Rescue Me as slightly higher numbers than GH (2.8M) but The Closer pulls around 7.5M viewers which means higher paid advertising thus better salary for lead casts.
Surprised to see Denis Leary getting $350,000! FX must have deep pockets.

#10 DrObvious

DrObvious

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:02 PM

The type of viewers is also important.....

Shows, such as Friends or The Office, have a more attractive audience for advertisers with larger budgets, so they bring in more money......The network is willing to pay more to air the show --- the producers of the show can pay the actors more......

Followers of paranormal shows tend to be young and poor......
The Doctor

#11 rbredmond

rbredmond

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 493 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:19 PM

"Followers of paranormal shows tend to be young and poor..."

Dumbest thing I've seen posted here in a long time.

Stats please, because I'm 63, and I and every one of my friends love paranormal investigations and have FOR QUITE A FEW YEARS, back into teenage years.

Just because you state something or think something doesn't mean it's true, you have to show statistics to convince others, especially me.

#12 ZombieBat

ZombieBat

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

The stars of reality shows like Ghost Hunters get paid no where as much as those who star in a scripted show. Snooki of "Jersey Shore," a show that pulls a larger audience, supposedly makes $30,000 dollars, with $20,000 dollars for an apperance.

J and G likely make more than this, since they are executive producers, with the rest of the cast making less than the Snookster. The real money for them is the special apperances at ghost hunts and cons.
You must unlearn what you have learned.

I'm a fuel-injected suicide machine. I'm the rocker, the roller, the out-of-controller.

#13 DrObvious

DrObvious

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:46 AM

"Followers of paranormal shows tend to be young and poor..."

Dumbest thing I've seen posted here in a long time.

Stats please, because I'm 63, and I and every one of my friends love paranormal investigations and have FOR QUITE A FEW YEARS, back into teenage years.

Just because you state something or think something doesn't mean it's true, you have to show statistics to convince others, especially me.

Of all the things I've posted, I didn't expect to get called out on that statement....

I should have included "from my observations"......

"Tend" --- That means on average, not all, not you individually....

I am also referring to viewers of paranormal shows --- not people that enjoy investigating.....

By the way I've seen much, much, dumber things posted on here -- from myself and many others......
The Doctor

#14 eclark1849

eclark1849

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 423 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:06 PM

I looked this up on the Internet so take it as the truth at your own peril. However, I am giving you the link I followed so you can look it up yourself. Seems J& G make at least $5,000 an episode.. I suspect there's more money there such as residuals,merchandising, appearances, etc. But coming directly from the show, that sounds pretty good.

http://www.chacha.co...aid-per-episode

#15 rbredmond

rbredmond

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 493 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

I looked this up on the Internet so take it as the truth at your own peril. However, I am giving you the link I followed so you can look it up yourself. Seems J& G make at least $5,000 an episode.. I suspect there's more money there such as residuals,merchandising, appearances, etc. But coming directly from the show, that sounds pretty good.

http://www.chacha.co...aid-per-episode

Interesting to see you pull this from a site who pulls this from another site that does satire reporting.

That to me would blow their info right out of the water.

Might just as well have asked a psychic.

#16 eclark1849

eclark1849

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 423 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:22 PM

Interesting to see you pull this from a site who pulls this from another site that does satire reporting.

I didn't say it was accurate and I don't know where they get their info. This was just a Google search, so believe what you want.

#17 Dawkins

Dawkins

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:46 PM

So how much do you imagine they're being paid?

#18 MD070

MD070

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:40 PM

Isn't everyone forgetting that they also get a cut of the pie from GHI and GH Academy as well....

#19 Blkops

Blkops

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:14 PM

I would say that between $8 and $10 grand an episode is not unreasonable. The housewives all get approx. $25 grand per episode..that's why they stay and do what they do. I'm sure that Pilgrim gets a good chunk too. In the grand scheme of things, GH does quite well.

#20 MD070

MD070

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:36 PM

I think that is a conservative estimation myself. I think it is quite a lot more than that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users