11 replies to this topic

#1 HauntedByBob

HauntedByBob

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:09 PM

Apparently author Jim Butcher did not finish writing the latest Dresden Files novel in time for his deadline for it's spring release and so the latest Dresden Files novel has been delayed until July 26th.

http://www.jim-butch...-bumped-to-July

#2 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:31 PM

Rats. I was really looking forward to reading that soon.

Ah well. I always thought he was an incredibly fast writer, to keep churning out those books. A little patience is over due, I expect.

#3 JohnChriton

JohnChriton

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:15 PM

doesn't matter I'm still waiting for changes to hit paperback

sga Sucks get over it! so does censorship! Go Buzz! GO!

#4 Liminal

Liminal

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:47 PM

I just finished listening to the Changes audiobook read by James Marsters and it is absolutely fantastic.
James really does an amazing job and becomes Harry. Highly recommended.

Oh, and of course the book is one of the best in the series. A milestone in the story. Can't wait for the next one.

#5 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:23 PM

Double rats. Got a Barnes and Noble gift certificate, but it halves in value sometime in April, so I can't use it on the next book.

Ah well. Still looking forward to that next book!

(Did finally get a chance to read Side Jobs - hadn't read most of the stories, and the new one was interesting.)

#6 Gartij

Gartij

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:18 AM

Read his Storm Front only.. By the way, the original title of the book series Semiautomagicis suits better,imho

#7 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:04 PM

The books gradually get better from there. Storm Front was entertaining, but each book is more fleshed out and takes the reader just the next step deeper into a story - Changes is the biggest change, of course. Just read Ghost Story, and it doesn't disappoint.

Edited by Mreen, 18 August 2011 - 05:23 PM.

#8 tipihome

tipihome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:06 PM

The books gradually get better from there. Storm Front was entertaining, but each book is more fleshed out and takes the reader just the next step deeper into a story - Changes is the biggest change, of course. Just read Ghost Story, and it doesn't disappoint.

I found Ghost Story disappointing.
The writing or something, didn't feel right.

native2.gif

#9 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:28 PM

I'm shocked, to be honest. I thought it was a fantastic book and felt the writing/characters were dead on ... (okay, okay) and showed a lot of growth and changes, the way something that big would change everything.

Harry's growing up. He had to die to do it, but some folks will always have to learn things the hard way <g> And in his absence, everyone else had to take on harder challenges as well.

Did you read Side Jobs, with the first story about how Murphy dealt with finding the blood spattered boat and the incursions of bad guys in Chicago?

#10 tipihome

tipihome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:36 AM

I did.
I really enjoyed that story.
I think many rely on Harry without realizing it and his absence was the only way they would have taken the mantle up themselves. Everyone has been content to let Harry run the show.

native2.gif

#11 captainroe

captainroe

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:26 PM

I just started reading Ghost Story the other day and so far I'm not impressed. Of course I seem to be one of the few people who didn't like Changes.

#12 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:54 AM

Well, if you don't like Changes, or the next story with Murphy dealing with what she found when she came back to the boat, I don't see how you're going to like Ghost Story.

But read on, and let us know what you think after you finish the novel. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users