3 replies to this topic

#1 Siouxsi

Siouxsi

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:40 AM

This made me go what the...

This is from Ve Neill's profile under Judges on the Face Off site here on SyFy. " Earlier this year, she headed up the Special Makeup Dept. for the film Thor." IMDB does not list her name but it does list Megan Areford mold maker: Legacy Effects. So if SyFy is correct in it's info wouldn't that make Ms. Neill Megan's boss in a round about way ?

#2 snypre

snypre

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:20 AM

[quote name='Siouxsi' date='03 March 2011 - 02:40 AM' timestamp='1299138044' post='6919975']

This is from Ve Neill's profile under Judges on the Face Off site here on SyFy. " Earlier this year, she headed up the Special Makeup Dept. for the film Thor." IMDB does not list her name but it does list Megan Areford mold maker: Legacy Effects. So if SyFy is correct in it's info wouldn't that make Ms. Neill Megan's boss in a round about way ?
[/quote]

Wow, that's pretty blatant. Considering how sh*tty Megan's work is and she is making it far into the competition. I might have to avoid Syfy completely for letting this happen. It's pretty bad when you suspect something like this on a competition show, but to find out it's true. Just wow.

#3 ShopMonkey

ShopMonkey

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:02 PM

Perhaps in a very superficial way but chances are she never met Ve and Ve had no idea who she was.

Ve Neill was in charge of the makeup department on Thor. Legacy Effects is an outside company with hundreds of employees that acts autonomously. While Legacy Effects may have provided props or makeups that Ve Neill's team used on set (Im actually not sure what Legacy did on Thor - I know they didnt do the Thor costume), Ve would have never interacted with a low level moldmaker like Megan. Ve or her assistants would have only interacted with a project supervisor.

Here is an analogy. You are the stock person at a Home Depot. Someone buys a drill that you put on the shelf. You never met them. You never saw them. So they wouldnt be your boss even though you did, in essence, provide a service to them by stocking the drill on the shelf.

#4 Siouxsi

Siouxsi

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:57 PM

Perhaps in a very superficial way but chances are she never met Ve and Ve had no idea who she was.

Ve Neill was in charge of the makeup department on Thor. Legacy Effects is an outside company with hundreds of employees that acts autonomously. While Legacy Effects may have provided props or makeups that Ve Neill's team used on set (Im actually not sure what Legacy did on Thor - I know they didnt do the Thor costume), Ve would have never interacted with a low level moldmaker like Megan. Ve or her assistants would have only interacted with a project supervisor.

Here is an analogy. You are the stock person at a Home Depot. Someone buys a drill that you put on the shelf. You never met them. You never saw them. So they wouldnt be your boss even though you did, in essence, provide a service to them by stocking the drill on the shelf.

Thanks for explaining the "food chain" ShopMonkey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users