Photo

Fact or Faked: Why this show is 100% Fake !

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Quantum2011

Quantum2011

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:34 AM

I have watched this show and found it entertaining at first. That's what Syfy wants.. entertainment that brings ratings.

However the whole premise of the show is to prove or disprove viral videos are faked or real.

I submit to you that not ONE episode has ever proven any video a Fact or a Fake.

All they have done is show how a video "COULD HAVE BEEN RECREATED" -

That's it!! They have Never Proven any fact behind any video one way or the other.

You cannot prove a video was faked by reproducing it! You can only prove that is one way it Could have been done.

I can reproduce many videos I KNOW are Real and not faked. That is, I can produce a convincing enough facsimile of real footage to make people think I hoaxed it.

On the flip side, if they cannot recreate the event, they say it's possible it is a Factual video. That's BS just as much. I can make a brilliant complicated hoax using hard core science and high tech special effects these actors have no clue exists. Just because they cannot figure out how it was done.. does not mean it it real.

Caution: Only watch this show for entertainment purposes but DO NOT BELIEVE Any end result of these peoples experiments. There is No factual data in them as applied to the real video footage they are testing.

#2 Blkops

Blkops

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:12 AM

I have watched this show and found it entertaining at first. That's what Syfy wants.. entertainment that brings ratings.

However the whole premise of the show is to prove or disprove viral videos are faked or real.

I submit to you that not ONE episode has ever proven any video a Fact or a Fake.

That's it!! They have Never Proven any fact behind any video one way or the other.

You cannot prove a video was faked by reproducing it! You can only prove that is one way it Could have been done.

I can reproduce many videos I KNOW are Real and not faked. That is, I can produce a convincing enough facsimile of real footage to make people think I hoaxed it.

On the flip side, if they cannot recreate the event, they say it's possible it is a Factual video. That's BS just as much. I can make a brilliant complicated hoax using hard core science and high tech special effects these actors have no clue exists. Just because they cannot figure out how it was done.. does not mean it it real.

Caution: Only watch this show for entertainment purposes but DO NOT BELIEVE Any end result of these peoples experiments. There is No factual data in them as applied to the real video footage they are testing.

Ah, welcome to the forum and you have discovered nothing new. If you read any of the other threads on this site, you'll see it's been discussed a lot. Enjoy!

#3 MD070

MD070

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:04 PM

Blk is correct, and also I too welcome you aboard.

#4 kitcoke64

kitcoke64

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:42 PM

Unfortunately, I have to agree. The show, after watching several episodes, becomes more of a "how can we make this look faked" than an actual investigation. I just watched tonights episode, Jacksonville Theater", and until the very end, when they actually had evidence that shot them down, they were convinced they had recreated how it was done. Evidently, the spirit they were "recreating" got a bit irritated and decided to blow them out of the water.

Chi Lan is the worst at it, attempting to take her photographic "expertise" and disprove everything.

I hope the makers of the show realise that this IS the SciFi genre they are reaching out to. We all like our unexplained. And we know how the fakes are made. Investigate... present the evidence without the foregone conclusions.

#5 cubuffalo

cubuffalo

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 314 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:13 AM

ummm tonight they proved the falling lights was the Army's elite parachute team doing a night jump. care to eat come crow?
World of Warcraft Night Elf females are the sexiest race in the game. The pic i want to post would prob get me banned. :-)

Posted Image

#6 Blkops

Blkops

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:21 AM

Ah, they could have saved all of us some agony and done the checking before performing their
re-creation...it also makes no sense to have the photography 'expert' go to the theater and NOT shoot the skydivers...but, I guess that would make too much sense! :lol: I do believe that so far, the investigations have been lamer than before. They're trying too hard and it's not working, especially with all of their own hysterics going on...the ooh's and aah's
need to stop.

#7 khobar

khobar

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 380 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:28 PM

They also proved they have no idea how to use a thermal imaging camera.

Thought their efforts with the "mystery" falling objects was pretty good, though. I liked that they blurred the final result to match the original footage, so gotta give a thumbs up for that.

#8 Quantum2011

Quantum2011

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:24 PM

cubuffalo the only reason it was proved was because the army told them they did it. The re-enactment with the parachute jumpers only proved it looked close to the original. That in itself is not proof of that the people saw or video taped.

#9 MD070

MD070

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:28 PM

Yes, ..since the show has been on,.. many of us have had 'issues' over the recreation as proof that something is fake approach that FoF takes.

#10 SinSister

SinSister

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:23 PM

I am so tired of the same old "Fact or Faked" episodes. They always go for the lights in the sky, the ghost in the glass or the "scene thing" (the one thing media is focusing on). This show is a "give away"! Put it on Bravo or YouTube.

#11 MD070

MD070

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:05 AM

What I don't get is with all the videos out there, why do they pick old ones that have been investigated already at least once... You would think there is something new out there they could find.

#12 MD007redux

MD007redux

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:27 PM

You think?

#13 MD070

MD070

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:30 PM

We have known from the get go.that this shows investigation skills are sorely lacking.

#14 kitcoke64

kitcoke64

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:41 PM

It's not that their investigation skills lack, they just go way overboard with them. OR.. they don't investigate... they recreate.

I liked the episode with the bright light over the railroad tracks. They didn't do any investigation, and since they couldn't recreate it, they dropped it. I'd like to know what actually does cause the light.

But that's too much to ask of that crew. :(

quote name='MD070' date='02 April 2011 - 06:30 PM' timestamp='1301783408' post='6931222']
We have known from the get go.that this shows investigation skills are sorely lacking.
[/quote]

#15 MD070

MD070

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:16 AM

Hence if all they can do is recreate, then their investigating skills are lacking IMO.

#16 greenman49

greenman49

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:53 AM

OH Boy another thwarted attempt to reel in the morons! Scripted, same boring dramatic pause before commercial. And whats up with the dude with ridiculous lisp? YAAAAAWN! lol

#17 MD070

MD070

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:21 AM

The guy who replaced that Larry character?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users