• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tsl3161991

tsl3161991

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:01 PM

does anyone have any suggestions for urban legends? i personally think they should do the mexican pet or the hand in the toilet. for those of you who haven't heard of these, in the mexican pet, a family goes to mexico on vacation and find a small creature they think is a dog. they take it home to their son and a few days later they notice the dog looks sick and it bit their son. they take the creature to the vet and say they think their dog is sick. the vet asked what type of dog it is, and they say a mexican hairless dog. after some tests, the vet comes out and says "we have some bad news. this isn't a mexican hairless, its not even a dog, its a mexican sewer rat, and it has rabies." in the hand in the toilet, a college senior decided to haze the freshmen, so he woke them up in the middle of the night, made them take a freezing cold shower with their clothes on, and then sleep in the basement still soaking wet. to get back at him, the freshmen stole a severed cadavre hand from their biology class and hid it in his toilet. they knew he went to the bathroom at the same time every night. they thought he would see the hand in the toilet and run out screaming, but that night, instead of hearing him scream, they heard a loud thud, and assumed he fainted. when they went in to see how their prank went, they found him laying in the bathtub, his hair had turned totally white, and he was chewing on the severed hand. their prank caused him to literally go mad from fright. also, i heard one myth about a guy who was making a movie about an insane person. to test his acting skills, he went to a mental institution and started acting crazy, saying things like he got telepathic messages from aliens. after the doctors say he is clinically insane, he tells them he's making a movie and wanted to test his acting, and starts to walk out. right after he left the room, he was tackled to the ground and sedated. the doctors thought his explanation about making a movie was either a delusional belief or a lie to avoid being institutionalized, and he was locked up in a hospital room. every day he was their, he angrilly yelled he wasn't crazy, and even tore up the room in a fit of rage. eventually, his friend who was helping him with the movie went to the mental hospital to see how he was doing. when the doctors took the guy's friend to him, he was in a strait jacket. his time in the the institution had caused him to go insane for real.

#2 jerkstar

jerkstar

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:09 PM

Really dig the story about the actor and the nuthouse. Actually never heard that one before.

#3 MD070

MD070

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:12 PM

Really dig the story about the actor and the nuthouse. Actually never heard that one before.

Margo Kidder? Louis Lane in the 70's & early 80's Superman film?...You just described an epic part of her real life..

#4 pagan

pagan

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

If one wants a list of "Urbabn Legends", jus tlet me know. I have several books that deal juust with that classification of "strangeness"that I'll be glad to share, if the interest is there.
Everybody lies.

If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.

The notion of picking 1 times of the year to be decent to others is obscene because it's actually validating the notion of being miserable SOB finaly.

Your biggest problem...hell I don't know what it is!!! Ask somebody else.

#5 Giftedone36

Giftedone36

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

When will they put this show back on with new episodes?

#6 tsl3161991

tsl3161991

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

If they ever bring back Urban Legends, they should do a segment about the Brazilian flesh-eating bacteria epidemic. For those who haven't heard of it, according to one legend, in Brazil there was supposedly an outbreak of Necrotizing Fasciitis, the flesh-eating virus, that was alledgedly spread to America in shipments of bananas. According to the legend, the virus was somehow able to survive on the bananas long enough to infect people and was spread to the bananas by infected monkeys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users