92 replies to this topic

#1 angelofsomething

angelofsomething

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:37 PM

Yes there will be a season 4 but will there be a season 5?

Five seasons then I can die happy. Have to have a least 5 seasons. The show and the fans have to work together to make it to season 5.

When season 4 starts. Maybe on the 5 day of each month there should be some sort of event. We have time to start thinking about stuff to do now.

#2 coolioni6

coolioni6

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 251 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:59 PM

Five seasons then I can die happy. Have to have a least 5 seasons. The show and the fans have to work together to make it to season 5.

When season 4 starts. Maybe on the 5 day of each month there should be some sort of event. We have time to start thinking about stuff to do now.

Ufortunatly I am almost sure the show will be on the SYFY chopping block soon. I would not be surprised if they even change their mind about season 4.
If they are able to do it, I just dont see with the numbers season 3 is bringing in how they can justify not backing out of season 4.
They did that to Farscape (ordering a season then backing out of it) , so my guess is they do the same to Sanctuary.
I really have no idea why the show is doing as bad as it is.
I really loved the show season 1 and 2, but for some reason it seems the quality of the writing has really went down in season 3.
especially those 2 date night episodes that ran before Normandy. the episode "Awakening " was good, but the next week normandy I think took a step backwards .
The first half of season 3 was pretty good, but ever since it has come back from the break, something wierd has been happening with the show.
Bring back Ashley and the show will do great again !

#3 brekke668

brekke668

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:32 AM

Ufortunatly I am almost sure the show will be on the SYFY chopping block soon. I would not be surprised if they even change their mind about season 4.
If they are able to do it, I just dont see with the numbers season 3 is bringing in how they can justify not backing out of season 4.
They did that to Farscape (ordering a season then backing out of it) , so my guess is they do the same to Sanctuary.
I really loved the show season 1 and 2, but for some reason it seems the quality of the writing has really went down in season 3.
especially those 2 date night episodes that ran before Normandy. the episode "Awakening " was good, but the next week normandy I think took a step backwards .
The first half of season 3 was pretty good, but ever since it has come back from the break, something wierd has been happening with the show.

I don't get this bring back Ashley and the show will do great again. Having Ash does not improve the writing. In the two episodes you mentioned Kate who is Ashley replacement was not really featured so even if Ash had been there they would not have miraculously better written.
You can either destroy your spirit or you can accept and love yourself just the way you are.

#4 Realm

Realm

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:55 AM

Sanctuary is an independent production.
Syfy can do whatever they want as in show S4 or not BUT that will not stop S4 from being produced. It's already independently funded and been sold to many countries. Season 4 will happen. Season 5 though, is another matter.

#5 coolioni6

coolioni6

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 251 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:04 PM

Sanctuary is an independent production.
Syfy can do whatever they want as in show S4 or not BUT that will not stop S4 from being produced. It's already independently funded and been sold to many countries. Season 4 will happen. Season 5 though, is another matter.

That is what the producers of Stargate said about SGU, and look where that got them ?
No season 3, reason why is becuase SYFy was the network that paid the highest liscening fee out of any other network in any country.

Also why is it that SYFy order a 20 epssode season and that is what was made , a 20 episode season.
This time SYFY orders a shorter 13 episode season for season 4, and they end up producing only 13 episodes.
If they really like the 20 episode season, then they would continue to pay for it themselves. They said that the 29 episode run allowed them to have longer story arks.
So what wuld be the reason to go back to 13 episodes ? my guess is that SYFY would not pay theem for 20 episodes and only 13, so that is all they are going to make.

so basicly SYFY even though they are not producing it, they seem to have a lot of say what goes on with the show.
And as far as the show doing better with Ashley instead of Kate, they very well could have went in a totally different direction having her , so they would not have had to even made the date night episodes.
They could have esily had a Ashley centered episode and I amsure a lot of the fans ( especially male ones) would have liked them bettter.
The seemed to have gotten a bit worse in season 2 when Ashly left, and now season 3 has been pretty bad for the most part exept the whole Hollow Earth part.
The Awakening episode was pretty good too.
I also like Druitt alot and this season he has not been around too much.
Hey , but what can I say at least the show is still on and they have not cut the show loose like Caprica and Stargate.
It wont be long before all this channel has on it is terrible C movies, reality shows , ghost shows, fantasy shows, wrestling, and of course that terrible cooking show !
A cooking show on SYFY ????? Who would have ever thought that ?

My guess is Sanctuary get cancelled next ! I dont want it to, but I am pretty sure that it wont make it past season 4 unless the viewer numbers go back up to where they were.

#6 brekke668

brekke668

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:19 PM

That is what the producers of Stargate said about SGU, and look where that got them ?
No season 3, reason why is becuase SYFy was the network that paid the highest liscening fee out of any other network in any country.

Also why is it that SYFy order a 20 epssode season and that is what was made , a 20 episode season.
This time SYFY orders a shorter 13 episode season for season 4, and they end up producing only 13 episodes.
If they really like the 20 episode season, then they would continue to pay for it themselves. They said that the 29 episode run allowed them to have longer story arks.
So what wuld be the reason to go back to 13 episodes ? my guess is that SYFY would not pay theem for 20 episodes and only 13, so that is all they are going to make.

so basicly SYFY even though they are not producing it, they seem to have a lot of say what goes on with the show.
And as far as the show doing better with Ashley instead of Kate, they very well could have went in a totally different direction having her , so they would not have had to even made the date night episodes.
They could have esily had a Ashley centered episode and I amsure a lot of the fans ( especially male ones) would have liked them bettter.
The seemed to have gotten a bit worse in season 2 when Ashly left, and now season 3 has been pretty bad for the most part exept the whole Hollow Earth part.
Hey , but what can I say at least the show is still on and they have not cut the show loose like Caprica and Stargate.
It wont be long before all this channel has on it is terrible C movies, reality shows , ghost shows, fantasy shows, wrestling, and of course that terrible cooking show !

My guess is Sanctuary get cancelled next ! I dont want it to, but I am pretty sure that it wont make it past season 4 unless the viewer numbers go back up to where they were.

There is more than just numbers involved sometimes it depends on how expensive it is to make the shows. Which is why a lower rated show may get a renewal and a better rated one gets canceled. I hope Sanctuary gets renewed for a fifth season but right now it is to hard to make a predication. We are still in season three and fourth season has not even been shown yet.

As for the whole if Ash had lived that is just speculation and since it didn't happen there is no way of telling if the stories would have been different or even better. For all you know the stories could have been much worse. I know fans of the actress are still upset over it but she was one character not the entire focus of he show. If the only reason someone watched the show was for her then they were not really a fan of the show but of the actress.

As a fan of the entire show I have not been disappointed with many episodes the dating episode everyone is so upset with is a good example of that. After reading about them I was prepared for the worse and I was pleasantly surprised to find them enjoyable.
You can either destroy your spirit or you can accept and love yourself just the way you are.

#7 Realm

Realm

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 06:06 PM

Gee it's obvious by your lousy "logic" that you have absolutely no clue as to how TV shows are made.

Each show is different because of the myriad of factors involved.

Syfy CANNOT stop production of Season 4 of Sanctuary.

#8 Mr_Ambassador

Mr_Ambassador

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:18 PM

I loved the first 2 seasons of Sanctuary and couldn't wait for this season to start, especially after last season's ending. This season blows chunks so far. It has been quite forgettable, last week's most of all. Normandy? Come on! I like the green screen stuff and it has been fun picking it out, but the story has to be on par with the effects. *sigh* Waiting on Haven, WH 13 and Eureka.

#9 coolioni6

coolioni6

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:00 PM

Gee it's obvious by your lousy "logic" that you have absolutely no clue as to how TV shows are made.

Each show is different because of the myriad of factors involved.

Syfy CANNOT stop production of Season 4 of Sanctuary.

Of course they cant stop it. There are many other networks in other countries that pay for the show. With that money you woukld think that they would go ahead and continue with a 20 episode season instaed of the 13 episodes that SYFY ordered. So it shows that SYFY is running the show even though they say that the producers have the show fully funded w/o SYFY.

So what makes by logic so "LOUSY" ?
Yes I know Sanctuary is very inexpensive to produce compared to many other science fiction shows due to them using mostly the green screen.
So they need less viewers to bring in eough money for them to get the advertsing dollars they need to pay the liscencing fee for the USA.
WQhen a show is cheaper to produce the fee will be less, therefore the nielson numbers can be lower and still manage to stay on the air.
More expensive shows like SGU needeed to pull in around 1.8 million + to make a profit for SYFY.
That is why that show got cancelled.

#10 blsyfy

blsyfy

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 474 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:33 AM

I hope that their will be a fifth season I can't judge until the fouth season starts, and I figure out what syfy is doing with their programming. I think I won't truly know until Blood and Chrome starts and then I think I will have a good idea of what syfy is up to.

#11 joeydburnette

joeydburnette

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:08 PM

well i look at it like this i think the show rock and your right ash is not the whole show but i think syfy and sanctuary need to wake up and plz let the one person to come back that give the show the kick butt that it does let ashley come come back let kate start to it will rock if she come back

#12 joyciiee

joyciiee

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:46 PM

I'm guessing syfy ordered a 13-episode-season so they can add another 13-episodes like they did with season 3.
I'm not from any country who have Sanctuary aired on tv so i have to wait till it's online.
But i'm a watcher from the very beginning. Don't remember when i heard about it though.
I only remember that the webisodes where already online when i began to watch.
Hopefully they don't get the show cancelled, like they did with so many 'good' SyFy shows :'(.

I'm looking forward to watch season 4 :D

#13 GateworldRocky89

GateworldRocky89

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:49 PM

I'm guessing syfy ordered a 13-episode-season so they can add another 13-episodes like they did with season 3.
I'm not from any country who have Sanctuary aired on tv so i have to wait till it's online.
But i'm a watcher from the very beginning. Don't remember when i heard about it though.
I only remember that the webisodes where already online when i began to watch.
Hopefully they don't get the show cancelled, like they did with so many 'good' SyFy shows :'(.

I'm looking forward to watch season 4 :D

Well, I heard that Eureka and maybe W13 will also have 13 ep seasons, so it's not just Sanctuary.

Amanda said in an article quite a while back that she thinks they can do at least 5. I don't know if that's her personal goal, or what, but they deserve that chance. Part of me hopes S5 will be the last because that's Amanda's and maybe the goal of the others. Ultimately, I hope the show moves back to Fri, because that's what always worked best for them. :)

Posted Image

#14 angelofsomething

angelofsomething

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:50 AM

I wanted a season 5 because I thought 5 seasons meant Syndication or Reruns of the show. Not sure how Syndication / Reruns work. But after reading more about it. I think a show has to have 100 episodes for Syndication / Reruns . With only 13 episodes that not going to happen until season 8. That's never going to happen. Maybe 5 seasons but no way 8.

Maybe make season 4 and 5 longer to get to 100? That not a lot of Syfy on the Syfy channel. The Syfy channel needs Sanctuary I need Sanctuary.

But even if Syndication / Reruns is not going to happen. I still want a season 5. Maybe season 5 then a spin off series ? Sanctuary Japan? Sanctuary India?

#15 Realm

Realm

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:11 AM

I wanted a season 5 because I thought 5 seasons meant Syndication or Reruns of the show. Not sure how Syndication / Reruns work. But after reading more about it. I think a show has to have 100 episodes for Syndication / Reruns . With only 13 episodes that not going to happen until season 8. That's never going to happen. Maybe 5 seasons but no way 8.

Maybe make season 4 and 5 longer to get to 100? That not a lot of Syfy on the Syfy channel. The Syfy channel needs Sanctuary I need Sanctuary.

But even if Syndication / Reruns is not going to happen. I still want a season 5. Maybe season 5 then a spin off series ? Sanctuary Japan? Sanctuary India?

Sanctuary is an independent Canadian production so it doesn't follow the American model and the above syndication reasoning does not apply. What will apply is cost vs orders from around the world for more seasons because that is the thing the private investors look at for financing AND from the various countries networks - ratings vs cost. Even with orders for a 4th season from Syfy and Space, Sanctuary did not go ahead producing until April because they had to organise financing. It's very complex and I sure hope that they do get to have a Season 5.

#16 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:28 PM

The old rule of syndication was 3 seasons. Now it's whoever anyone can flog the show to. Syfy has run other channels' shows that lasted a bit less than one season. Sanctuary is good to go, unless Syfy is paying a bit extra to say that no other channel gets it in the US while they have it.

Edited by Mreen, 07 November 2011 - 02:03 PM.

#17 selene0789

selene0789

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:16 PM

Okay, well, we can all rest easy because Season 4 is already done filming, and has a premiere date. So even if SyFy cancels the show midseason, we should at least be able to get the whole thing on DVD.

But, with what everyone's saying about Canadian vs American models for shows, I've heard repeatedly that Sanctuary is its own "model". That other shows and productions are talking about using "the Sanctuary model". So honestly, I think there's really no way to predict what will happen.

That said, never underestimate the power of fandom. Fan outrage does make waves. A prime example would be the story behind the craziness at CBS's Criminal Minds. The powers that be decided to axe one character, reduce episodes for another, and brought in a new character to replace the both of them. The fan reaction was so strong and so loud that those same powers got rid of the new character and are bringing back BOTH the old ones for the new season.

Advertisers may have a large say in how television shows work, and the networks do as well, but fans make a difference too.

P.S. The Normandy episode rocked my socks. "Date Night" and "Wingmen" not so much. Heh-- Amanda Tapping has repeatedly said on DVD commentaries that she does not like the "previously, on Sanctuary" intros. I wonder what her thoughts are on Wingmen, since it was ALL "previously, on Sanctuary"... heheheh. *headdesk*

#18 Yippy

Yippy

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:20 PM

While I understand that it is independatly produced they will stop production when the BIGGEST Market stops ordering it. 5 Years seems to be the magic number for Syfy these days.. In the past few years a number of shows have been stopped at 5 years... I posted about 9 months ago that Eurecka was hitting 5 years soon so they should be getting ready to move on... I really hate being right!So as long as you are watching Sancuary should get 5 years - but nothing is set in stone - look at caprica!!!Yippy Darn Skippy..

#19 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:48 AM

I'd be satisfied with 5 years too. It's a good number. Maybe a spinoff, or a miniseries down the line, with the underground world being rebuilt would be cool too.

#20 spyroworm

spyroworm

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 476 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:57 AM

The big issue for this show is now going to be whether they can still produce it as cheaply in Canada. They may have to move from Vancouver to Montreal since the tax credit that makes it cheaper to produce shows is getting revoked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users