Sanctuary Season 5

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

I don't think that would help -they need stations to air the show as much as they need money. You could email feedback@syfy,com tho, to let them know you want more Sanctuary.

#82 CamthalionCarnesir

CamthalionCarnesir

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

Posted Image Oh, Come on !! Kill Sanctuary??? Great scot, what next??? SyFy has a bad tendency to kill off good solid story telling shows before they tie up all the loose ends and give us die hard fans C L O S U R E!!! Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and even though I personally didn't care for one scenerio playing out on Stargate Universe, that show too, was killed off before we had any closure!!! Sanctuary has alot of life left in it and even tho a major character was killed off this season( this is not 24-folks) we the fans are seriously looking forward to a new underground season, so for T.P.T.B.(the powers that be) please refrain from killing off the last good storytelling series on SYFY. Thankyou for your time!!!! Syndal

Precisely! Thankyou for that. I have suffered also from show cancelletions. Not really from syfy or you want happy town to call that then yes. Nut there was Nine lives of Chloe King, what ended with such a open ending and so much questions unaswered. Than theres the gates, Terra Nova, and not to forget Ghost Whisperer!!. They really have to stop thinking only about there wallets and start caring for the show itself. Were nothing without passion, right?

#83 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

Science fiction fans are extremely passionate. Something about a show that asks for imagination and science to work together brings out deep feelings in the quiet geek. Posted Image

#84 GracieValenti

GracieValenti

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 459 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

Precisely! Thankyou for that. I have suffered also from show cancelletions. Not really from syfy or you want happy town to call that then yes. Nut there was Nine lives of Chloe King, what ended with such a open ending and so much questions unaswered. Than theres the gates, Terra Nova, and not to forget Ghost Whisperer!!. They really have to stop thinking only about there wallets and start caring for the show itself. Were nothing without passion, right?

I agree that seeing shows cancelled you like is tough, but to expect that a business enterprise, namely the networks. will ever think with anything other than their wallets it a pipe dream. Bottom line, money talks.

I ask, without government or private subsidies or grants, how exactly can they produce a show without the money to do so? Who will pay the actors, the writers, the crew, etc.? They need to make money from these shows in order to keep making them. Unfortunate but, I believe, true.

#85 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

To be fair, Sanctuary doesn't operate at a loss, that I've ever heard, so that isn't really the issue in this case. It's low budget scifi that is a lot of fun. We just need to know if we're going to get that final farewell, the last and best year that they could give us, with the wonderful premise and set up the fourth season gave us.

#86 shiny56

shiny56

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

Something else that might help, would be to write polite begging letters/emails to those companies that paid for adds during Sanctuary-whether national or your locals-and ask them to continue to do so. That's where the money comes from, folks, is advertisers. Hopefully it will not be too late in the game to make a difference.

#87 B5er

B5er

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

Bummer, still no renewal yet :( I wonder what they are weighing their decision against?

I'm not one of the folks who believes SyFy is trying to let it quietly fade away by saying nothing, so, I figure there must be some negotiation point or otehr projects competing for the funding and time slots. Are there any Pilots that could be holding up a decision, depending upon how they go? I imagine if Blood and Chrome had gone forward to Series, Sanctuary would have much less of a chance of renewal, since they are both so CGI labor and time intensive, even though Sanctuary has a 4 year record of reliability of delivering it's product on time, it might make them nervous having two such shows to worry about.

Anyone have any ideas with merit, what might be the deciding factor they are still deciding upon? And is there a deadline, if we go beyond, the cause is probably lost? Or if they make the decision too late to air in Oct/Nov as usual, would they jsut schedule it for later?

#88 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

To the last, yes if they made the decision too late for October, they'd just air it later. It's not like we wouldn't watch the last season because of what month it starts in.

I don't know what factors they are weighing it against, but the biggest competition fandom saw for the money was Blood and Chrome, and that show is no longer on the table for the upcoming budget. The new shows they have approved, no one has mentioned as competition for Sanctuary money, so I don't think of it as an issue.

Basically, it's all wait and see at this point ...which isn't anything helpful, I'm afraid.

#89 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:00 AM

Amanda Tapping tweeted the following on April 3:

Not sure when we'll be back. Crossing everything! Ouch. RT@Jamal_Borhot: @amandatapping is ther gonna be a new season for sanctuaryy?????

The key word here, of course, is "when". She didn't write "if we we'll be back". So it not being a question of "if", but "when" might be a hint that things look promising.

Greets
Lambsilencer

#90 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

The nice thing about it being made in Canada is that when they are crossing everything, we know they don't have to worry about affording health insurance for that. ._.

*Mreen's innocent face

#91 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,219 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

FYI:
Actor Ryan Robbins will make an appearance in the Falling Skies episode 'Worlds Apart' in the show's season two premiere on June 17th - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2092577/

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#92 captainpike57

captainpike57

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:23 AM

[quote name='angelofsomething' date='01 June 2011 - 09:37 PM' timestamp='1306978676' post='6952295']
Yes there will be a season 4 but will there be a season 5?

Five seasons then I can die happy. Have to have a least 5 seasons. The show and the fans have to work together to make it to season 5.

When season 4 starts. Maybe on the 5 day of each month there should be some sort of event. We have time to start thinking about stuff to do now.
[

#93 captainpike57

captainpike57

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:29 AM

I was informed after Season 3 of Sanctuary that there was definitely plans for Season 5.I have also logged on to Sanctuary for Kids which is run by Amanda Tapping,she helps take care of kids all over the world and she brings kids food,water,and schooling. for all the poor unfortunate kids.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users