• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Margarete

Margarete

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

OMG...this man is such an idiot...I cannot understand why didn't SOMEONE...ANYONE.....pull him aside and tell the moron that it's LIBRARY.....not LIBARY... And he must have said the word 20 times during the 10 minutes of the show I did watch.....Wasn't his daughter embarrassed??? ............I couldn't even finish watching the show...and will never watch this show again...Even his voice and the way he speaks is just as annoying ......and the whole premiss of the show... "Haunted items" is stupid. idea for a show... And then on the show....ANYTHING that he found...was "suddenly haunted"....Ugh!...I can't believe that Syfy aired that show....I hope they never bring that show back...Well..I won't watch it even if they do!

#22 pagan

pagan

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

John Zaffis it pronounced LIBRARY - BRARY not BARY!

This show is a reality version of Friday the 13th the series.

:rolleyes: Glad to see someone else recalls the show besides me. I tought it was interesting until some of the "personalities" of the cast got in the way, supposedly, of things running as smoothly as in the begining but thhat was a while ago. Wonder how members weren't even born then? :blink: :blink:

In fact I did have one but apparently someone, somewhere decided to remove it without making any notation. Some brave Admn. types we got around here. I wouldn't be surprised if this gets deleated.

Everybody lies.

If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.

The notion of picking 1 times of the year to be decent to others is obscene because it's actually validating the notion of being miserable SOB finaly.

Your biggest problem...hell I don't know what it is!!! Ask somebody else.

#23 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,194 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

Well, if we're going to be technical about it, it's spelled "pronounced", not pronouced. Just sayin'......

And "its" should be spelled "it's".
:P

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#24 soundping

soundping

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

Cut the man some slack. I known old timers who still call oil 'arl'. :P

#25 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,194 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

Cut the man some slack. I known old timers who still call oil 'arl'. :P

I thought it was spelled 'erl'. Maybe it depends on the local dialect. :P

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

#26 pagan

pagan

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:28 PM

Guess it comes down to how ones says "it" as opposed to what is said. seems kind "odd" thing to be on "here" but I've seen ssome "odd' things disccussed since I joined the "dog and pony show". No offense intended to whoever ownes this place but I thought the noun fit.
Everybody lies.

The notion of picking 1 times of the year to be decent to others is obscene because it's actually validating the notion of being miserable SOB finaly.

#27 Datmania

Datmania

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

Has anyone been to Baawston? Get real! An accent doesn't make a person less credible. If any of the show is genuine, I am impressed, if not... then Mr. Zaffis is a great staging artist. Personally, I like this show. Much better than the other ghost chaser series, where there is no substance at all and so much re-enactment that it becomes "uncredible". Yes, I made up that word so don't make a case of it.

#28 cubuffalo

cubuffalo

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 314 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

Well, if we're going to be technical about it, it's spelled "pronounced", not pronouced. Just sayin'......

lol owned
World of Warcraft Night Elf females are the sexiest race in the game. The pic i want to post would prob get me banned. :-)

Posted Image

#29 cubuffalo

cubuffalo

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 314 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

OMG...this man is such an idiot...I cannot understand why didn't SOMEONE...ANYONE.....pull him aside and tell the moron that it's LIBRARY.....not LIBARY... And he must have said the word 20 times during the 10 minutes of the show I did watch.....Wasn't his daughter embarrassed??? ............I couldn't even finish watching the show...and will never watch this show again...Even his voice and the way he speaks is just as annoying ......and the whole premiss of the show... "Haunted items" is stupid. idea for a show... And then on the show....ANYTHING that he found...was "suddenly haunted"....Ugh!...I can't believe that Syfy aired that show....I hope they never bring that show back...Well..I won't watch it even if they do!

how do you pronounce the below?

Wa-TER or wader?

better or bedder

city or cidy

computer or compuder

World of Warcraft Night Elf females are the sexiest race in the game. The pic i want to post would prob get me banned. :-)

Posted Image

#30 Petelerg

Petelerg

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

LIBERRY!

#31 cellophanemanghost

cellophanemanghost

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 572 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

His voice is the only creepy thing in this show.

And in his case, it would be LIE-berry.

#32 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,194 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

This link will play the actual pronunciation of the word 'library': http://dictionary.re...wse/library?s=t

#33 Papapat

Papapat

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

I haven't watched the show, but is it possible that the speaker was British? They pronounce things a bit differently from "our" way. "Library" would sound like LIE-bry. And don't get me started on "aluminum" : al you MIN ee um.
Pat
Bremerton WA

#34 cellophanemanghost

cellophanemanghost

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 572 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

I haven't watched the show, but is it possible that the speaker was British? They pronounce things a bit differently from "our" way. "Library" would sound like LIE-bry. And don't get me started on "aluminum" : al you MIN ee um.

No, he's not British.

#35 pagan

pagan

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

At least Friday the 13th was fiction, supposedly as I define "fiction" but to present this as "real life", well, I find that assumption difficult to swallow without getting chocked on it. :blink:
Everybody lies.

#36 ghosthunter12002

ghosthunter12002

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

How did no one tell him how to say library before airing it! I cringed each time he said it. My husband has been to the library in Deep River CT and his best friend lives there and no one ever heard that the library was haunted.

That's because the library isn't haunted......the lie-berry is!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users