124 replies to this topic

#1 MoeGreene

MoeGreene

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 428 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:22 PM

I watched the season premier of the new TV series called Finding Bigfoot and found the first episode that dealt with Big Foot sightings in Georgia to be one of the best Big Foot shows that I have seen in quite awhile. In the episode they looked into a sighting of a big foot that was captured on film from a police cars camera crossing a highway in Georgia.
The footage turned out to be very compelling. The research team seems to really know their stuff.

The series premier was on last Sunday at 7 PM but will repeat on Animal Planet this Wednesday At 7 PM. The second episode of the series will be on tomorrow night(Sunday at 7 PM) I think they are looking into the skunk ape.

Enjoy...

EDIT: DT Yeti hair DNA discussion starts on page 2 and continues into page 3

#2 ThPrimes

ThPrimes

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:37 PM

As is typically the case, controversy surrounding the latest, greatest BFRO promotional venture is more entertaining than the new evidence it presents. Witness Matt Moneymaker's habitual passive aggressive behavior in the following comments section. If he only talked that way on television, the ratings would be even higher than 1.3 million viewers. Missed opportunity.

Cryptomundo: Georgia Dash Cam Footage a Hoax?
Cryptomundo: Shocking Revelation: "Finding Bigfoot" Producers Edited In Wood Knocks And Screams
Cryptomundo: Behind the Scenes of Finding Bigfoot with Clifford Barackman

I love how the deputy is going on about how old ladies in this county will shoot trespassers... "WHOA, WHAT WAS THAT?" It's a crime against entertainment that Animal Planet edited that dash cam video! Stay tuned to Cryptomundo for the continuing saga as it happens.

Previously, Matt Moneymaker is identified by Penn and Teller only as "******* A" and "greedy opportunist" (his anonymity required because their "lawyer is a *****") in their priceless Sonoma Video hoax especially created for the debunking Bigfoot episode for their own Showtime television series.

If this had been an actual emergency, your email wouldn't have worked then either
{"res":{},"error":{"code":"3002","msg":"3002"}}

#3 MoeGreene

MoeGreene

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 428 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:01 PM

As is typically the case, controversy surrounding the latest, greatest BFRO promotional venture is more entertaining than the new evidence it presents. Witness Matt Moneymaker's habitual passive aggressive behavior in the following comments section. If he only talked that way on television, the ratings would be even higher than 1.3 million viewers. Missed opportunity.

Cryptomundo: Shocking Revelation: "Finding Bigfoot" Producers Edited In Wood Knocks And Screams

I love how the deputy is going on about how old ladies in this county will shoot trespassers... "WHOA, WHAT WAS THAT?" It's a crime against entertainment that Animal Planet edited that dash cam video! Stay tuned to Cryptomundo for the continuing saga as it happens.

Previously, Matt Moneymaker is identified by Penn and Teller only as "******* A" and "greedy opportunist" (his anonymity required because their "lawyer is a *****") in their priceless Sonoma Video hoax especially created for the debunking Bigfoot episode for their own Showtime television series.

Oh your no fun.lol Now you have ruined the series for me. I really did not know all that. I took the show at face value. Will you come back after each episode and tell us/me what the deal is.

BTW is ThePrimes a reference to the scifi novels written by Peter F Hamilton

#4 Zaphrella

Zaphrella

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:01 PM

See? Now this is the kind of show I can still enjoy even while I don' t believe that most of the alleged sightings are Bigfoot.

I will definitely be watching at least a few episodes to check it out. I hope On Demand has the first episode stored.

Thank YOU! for the heads up!

#5 DBBromberg

DBBromberg

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:17 AM

I watched the finding bigfoot show also, animal planet or the discovery channels do not have a great history in this area. Take monsterquest total B.S. they never actually tried to find anything they where looking for. They did shows about stuff like rods in pictures?! Which is a known effect from bugs.
I am sticking with finding bigfoot because I have felt that a show like this has been needed for a very long time but if it turns into we don't want to find bigfoot just screw around for ratings like monsterquest then that will be a big negative for those of us that believe it is out there and a show about actually ppl trying to find or prove it is there would be great to see.
Now Gates has stated that on his show when he goes looking for bigfoot his ratings go way up, so my question is why wasn't Destination Truth made it their quest to find the truth about bigfoot as their main focus? By his own admission that is what ppl are interested in.

#6 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:26 AM

Oh your no fun.lol Now you have ruined the series for me. I really did not know all that. I took the show at face value. Will you come back after each episode and tell us/me what the deal is.

Uh oh, you're not going to like what the thermal at the end of the second episode turned out to be then Posted Image

It was a horse...

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#7 MoeGreene

MoeGreene

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 428 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:37 PM

Uh oh, you're not going to like what the thermal at the end of the second episode turned out to be then Posted Image

It was a horse...

Raithe8, When I saw that thermal image I thought that it looked like a horse facing the camera from the front. Oh well. I actually do like the show though even though I dont take everything in it seriously.

#8 Armorbeast

Armorbeast

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:14 AM

When I first heard about this, I was thinking it might be great but was wondering how they were going to do a weekly show when Bigfoot sightings are so rare that other than the obvious hoaxes, they can be years apart from one another. Then I saw the episode on June 8th and was left feeling like these guys are trying to rip off Ghosthunters in every way only for Bigfoot. The show was completely unbelievable, everything looked faked and their belief in Bigfoot is so absolute it's as if there wasn't a skeptic among them. Ranae was added to be the skeptic but her acting ability reveals she's a token and nothing she's saying is real... she's obviously there just to make the others seem more credible.

Then you have Matt Moneymaker, a man proven a fraud countless times who heads up this team... the very man you'd want for a weekly show if you wanted to guarantee results regardless if they are fake or not. They find some footprints but what little they show us of them when one of their hands goes over the area where the toes are supposed to be... the toes look almost normal sized. They never give you a clear view of the entire footprint and when they take plaster casts, they toss them on a car hood but don't give us a clear view of them either. They have a video of a Sasquatch crossing a road, try to replicate it and their replication of a man crossing the road looks identical except the mans wearing human clothing lol.

But even worse for all you Ghosthunters fans... they are showing that everything Ghosthunters are doing can easily be faked because they are replicating the same actions... mysterious branch snappings, sounds in the distance, nobody claiming responsibility, feigned efforts to prove someone's lying... all of it off camera of course but everyone claiming they didn't do it.

I particularly enjoyed Matt Moneymaker trying to debunk one supposed witness by telling us he couldn't be truthful because a Bigfoots nose is black and they have deepset eyes while he led the witness to say it had wide eyes and lighter skin... lol, the witness looked like he was reading a cue card and Matt was giving him a look of disbelief which all looked totally staged.

So, if you really wanted this series to be a great one... remember how rare Bigfoot sightings are as they are only numerous when you add up all the supposed sightings over several decades and Matt Moneymakers trying to sell us on a series where he expects to show us a Bigfoot or Bigfoot evidence every episode.

It's a fraud and from someone who would like to believe Bigfoot may be real, the fact Animal Planet is even airing this knowing Moneymakers reputation as a hoaxster is a great disappointment.

I much prefer SyFy's Fact or Faked and Destination Truth for subjects like Bigfoot as they make a genuine effort and their people have solid reputations.

#9 Armorbeast

Armorbeast

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:24 AM

I read that third link where Matt Moneymaker all but admits the show is entirely fake because he got angry with one of the people leaving comments lol

Very good write up on this fraud and to be honest, if this is what Animal Planet is going to air as fact... it makes me wonder if any of their programs are real because they're supposed to be reality based.

But here's a question for you... why is Animal Planet airing so many paranormal programs anyway when it's supposed to be a network about wildlife in the real world.

#10 Zaphrella

Zaphrella

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:39 PM

I love Bigfoot programming. I will watch just about anything claiming to be a documentary or exploration of Bigfoot.

I watched most of 3 episodes of this show. Some of them twice only because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I was not seeing Bigfoot. That I am very sure of. The editing is so bad that they don't cut away fast enough from their shots or they cut away just in time to convey misinformation. The hosts are calling everything vague blur as Bigfoot. It's not.

I don't know if I will bother to watch anymore unless I want to make a drinking game when anyone on the show says "squatch." The only thing this show will teach or show anyone are the methods used by hoaxers to put one over on people. The hoaxers are the show's cast and production crew.

#11 Spiritman

Spiritman

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:14 PM

The original Bigfoot video was a hoax The guy who shot it admitted it ,
about 15-20 years ago, He made the suit,and the feet,He said he did it as a hoax
They even showed the suit lying in a box in his house!! Get over it ...It's a Hoax.. There ain't no Bigfoot !!!
Jeeze !!!

#12 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:38 PM

The original Bigfoot video was a hoax The guy who shot it admitted it ,
about 15-20 years ago, He made the suit,and the feet,He said he did it as a hoax
They even showed the suit lying in a box in his house!! Get over it ...It's a Hoax.. There ain't no Bigfoot !!!
Jeeze !!!

If you're referring to the Patterson/Gimlin video then this is incorrect, two or three people have come forward claiming they were the ones in the suit or that they manufactured the suit, but neither of the known people (Patterson nor Gimlin) involved in filming have admitted that it was a hoax. The truthfulness of the claims by those who did make the claim that they were either in the suit or manufactured it is questionable.

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#13 MoeGreene

MoeGreene

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 428 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:09 AM

If you're referring to the Patterson/Gimlin video then this is incorrect, two or three people have come forward claiming they were the ones in the suit or that they manufactured the suit, but neither of the known people (Patterson nor Gimlin) involved in filming have admitted that it was a hoax. The truthfulness of the claims by those who did make the claim that they were either in the suit or manufactured it is questionable.

Correct,
Recently they were granted access to the original film, and used high tech imaging to make the frames more defined. They found that they could actually see muscles flexing as the creature walked. No special effects existed back then that could create this effect.

There are so many people that have come forward now saying they were the one in the suits or they were the one who built the suit that if you got a quarter for every one of them, you could probably retire.

#14 flame821

flame821

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:50 PM

head up. According to Moneymaker, Finding Bigfoot is the top rated show on Animal Planet (I want verification) and they have been renewed for another season. http://www.cryptomun.../finding-bf-34/
A Scholar's ink lasts longer than a Martyr's blood.

#15 flame821

flame821

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:53 PM

Correct,
Recently they were granted access to the original film, and used high tech imaging to make the frames more defined. They found that they could actually see muscles flexing as the creature walked. No special effects existed back then that could create this effect.

There are so many people that have come forward now saying they were the one in the suits or they were the one who built the suit that if you got a quarter for every one of them, you could probably retire.

I've seen several reports of fellows who state they wore thr suit in the P-G film, but no one can provide a suit or name the actual maker and some of these men don't even have the physical stature to fill the roll. To be honest, ever man who has made this claim never seems to be able to back up with physical evidence or even verbal evidence (names of who was involved, how it was done, etc) at all.

#16 CapnAmerica

CapnAmerica

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:09 PM

Finding Bigfoot is great entertainment just because it's such a farce. You can't take anything seriously when it's run by a guy named Moneymaker. And it's hilarious how blindly the three guys will accept the sketchiest evidence possible as definitely a "squatch" every single time. If you believe these clowns they're seeing BF every time they turn around but none of them can get any kind of decent pic or even sound evidence.

I can't fault Animal Planet. They've got to make money somewhere. But the show is a joke as far as serious inquiries go. At least they aren't showing wrestling to rake in the cash.

#17 ehill13

ehill13

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:07 AM

i am an independent bigfoot researcher and i have no doubt they exist, but i had to sign up to this forum to vent after watching the first episode of the 2nd season of Finding Bigfoot. i have seen a few episodes of the first season and this new one infuriated me even more. these guys are an embarrassment to bigfoot research! i really cant stand anyone on the show and their methods are simply stupid. no doubt they are fabricating "evidence" for television. the dumb chick on the show sees eyeshine yet she has no flashlight pointing towards the trees its just pitch black..how can you see eyeshine? then they hear whistles that of course are not on audio..then all of a sudden there's a huge rock thrown at them yet the guy holding the thermal camera shows nothing...its a joke. its sad. and they spend half the episodes having the big ugly dude recreate where it was and what it was doing...ya we get it, bigfoot is big. the entire show should be taken off the air. and you dont go find bigfoot..bigfoot decides if you have an encounter. k venting done...any thoughts from anyone??? anyone on board with me here??? i'm so angry at these morons!

edit: and i absolutely HATE them using the word "squatch"!

#18 flame821

flame821

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

i am an independent bigfoot researcher and i have no doubt they exist, but i had to sign up to this forum to vent after watching the first episode of the 2nd season of Finding Bigfoot. i have seen a few episodes of the first season and this new one infuriated me even more. these guys are an embarrassment to bigfoot research! i really cant stand anyone on the show and their methods are simply stupid. no doubt they are fabricating "evidence" for television. the dumb chick on the show sees eyeshine yet she has no flashlight pointing towards the trees its just pitch black..how can you see eyeshine? then they hear whistles that of course are not on audio..then all of a sudden there's a huge rock thrown at them yet the guy holding the thermal camera shows nothing...its a joke. its sad. and they spend half the episodes having the big ugly dude recreate where it was and what it was doing...ya we get it, bigfoot is big. the entire show should be taken off the air. and you dont go find bigfoot..bigfoot decides if you have an encounter. k venting done...any thoughts from anyone??? anyone on board with me here??? i'm so angry at these morons!

edit: and i absolutely HATE them using the word "squatch"!

Makes you wonder what we 'could' do if all the money they spend on producing drivel like 'Finding Bigfoot' was put towards actual research instead. Granted 'reality' shows are the cheapest things out there to produce, which is why the airwaves are overloaded with them, but still, to be able to launch long term excursions with decent gear and people training in zoology and/or forensics would be amazing.

To be honesty I didn't even realize the new season had started. After the 2nd episode and then having to deal with Moneymaker's rants and verbal abuse I just lost interest in ever watching this show again.

Curious to see what comes out of the Erikson Project and Dr. Ketchums DNA tests though. Supposedly she's gotten her peer reviewed article back for some revisions before printing. So good or bad it looks like there will be some answers coming out soon.

#19 Rhuen1

Rhuen1

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:59 PM

Correct,

Correct,

I hate it when they say something is false just because someone came forward and said they did it. do they even question if that person is trying to get their own fame by claiming to be the hoax maker of something well known?

Not to mention that the Patterson footage is far from the earliest reporting of the Sasquatch. Its actually a creature from Native American folklore in the Pacific Northwest as well (granted their version has hypnotic eyes and can fly; but then again the natives in Africa claimed Mountain Gorillas would carry off women and fight elephants with clubs, so grain of salt on all the details).

Plus there are reports from fur trappers and pioneers from the western expansion days.

All that aside however,

When I watch these bigfoot shows, I see total amateur hour, something for hunters to laugh at. These people become so convinced that their specific theories and methods are right that despite never turning up good or concrete results they stick to them (maybe the howling is scaring stuff off...and where did this wood knocking come from? I looked into it, I don't know of any great apes that regularly knock on wood for communication; usually they just screech, everything online goes to Bigfoot sites saying it comes from chimps, even when I look up "chimps, wood knocking".)

Honestly I don't think half the people looking for bigfoot could find a bear in those same woods if they tried.

Plus I am of the opinion if bigfoot is real, and given the nature of sightings and still not being caught that its either a sentient creature or is in fact a tribe of very tall and hairy native americans who have somehow managed to stay hidden and are very secretive (or like a genetic off-shoot of humans).
The Fantasy/Sci-fi novel series begins, join Hollia and Rhulan as dark forces converge on Stratalia
Secrets of Aesperia book 1: Stratalia Conspiracy.
now available at Leanpub.

#20 tipihome

tipihome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

tall and hairy native americans :lol:

sounds familiar...

native2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users