24 replies to this topic

#1 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:57 PM

This show premiered with a strong 1.44 million viewers (Syfy even issued a press release bragging about it) when it had the Ghost Hunters Pearl Harbor episode as a lead-in but then plummeted to .983 million viewers when left to fend for itself the next week. I guess GH fans weren't too impressed with the new show.

http://tvbythenumber...ash-more/95156/

http://www.multichan...ion_Viewers.php

#2 MoeGreene

MoeGreene

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 428 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:01 AM

This show premiered with a strong 1.44 million viewers (Syfy even issued a press release bragging about it) when it had the Ghost Hunters Pearl Harbor episode as a lead-in but then plummeted to .983 million viewers when left to fend for itself the next week. I guess GH fans weren't too impressed with the new show.

That is a loss of 457 thousand viewers in one week. It took GH a whole half season to loose that many..lol..The ghosty shows are doooooommmeeed. Anybody in for a .7 million next week.

#3 Captkool

Captkool

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:20 AM

And yet it was still the highest rated show on SYFY for the night. Not bad considering they were up against the Stanely Cup finals and Country Music Awards. And Hollywood Treasures? That didn't even rank in cables top 20 kiss that one good bye.

#4 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:31 AM

These ghosty shows are doomed - even the antique trend can't seem to save them. I was really surprised to see recently that Zak Bagans and the Travel Channel have a new paranormal show about ghost hunting competitions. It sounds an awful lot like GHA and not something that viewers are looking for nowadays. I wish Travis Yanan got Travel Channel ratings so we could see how their ghost shows are doing.I think Haunted Collector might hover at .9 or so for at least another week before dropping again, especially since it dropped so much already.

#5 KevinOhio

KevinOhio

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:18 AM

The best way for SYFY to stop producing these shows and more shows that appeal to the science fiction audience is to stop watching these ***** reality/paranormal/cooking shows. That is at least what I'm doing. I had only planned on continuing to watch Ghost Hunters/GHI and Destination Truth but after what happened with the Pearl Harbor episode (glad I didn't waste an hour of my life, only to be told come back Aug. 24th to find out what happened) I AM NOT watching Ghost Hunters/GHI anymore.
RIP Stargate :(

#6 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:19 PM

Ratings for last night's episode:

SYF Haunted Collector 9:00 PM 1.126 million viewers 0.3 adults 18 - 49

The show did a little better this week than last but that .3 in the 18-49 demographic is pretty bad

http://tvbythenumber...and-more/95771/

#7 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:08 AM

18-49 were all watching the Stanley Cup finals :)

#8 kwmbakl

kwmbakl

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:05 AM

I know I was

#9 eagle020

eagle020

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:36 AM

Whats a Stanley Cup? Posted Image
Modern life is a race between engineers striving to build a bigger and better idiot-proof
world, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#10 Blkops

Blkops

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

I suppose that they are worried...if not, they wouldn't ram this show down everyones throat as they recently have. It seems like it's on ALL of the time!

#11 Zaphrella

Zaphrella

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:10 PM

I'm a few years outside of that demographic but I was watching the Stanley Cup finals, too.

I caught up on the Haunted Collector On Demand a couple of days later. I am not a GH fan but I am a fan of HC. I don't believe the ***** they find has anything attached to it but I like the 'starring' family and I really like the daytime investigations and historical side bits.

#12 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:21 PM

Whats a Stanley Cup? Posted Image

It's a piece of dinnerware that you swipe from a famous hotel in Colorado Posted Image

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#13 Zaphrella

Zaphrella

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:17 PM

It's a piece of dinnerware that you swipe from a famous hotel in Colorado Posted Image

:lol:

It has a lot of "aura" surrounding it. It is only a matter of time until the Haunted Collector tries to confiscate it for his museum.

#14 BYC0616

BYC0616

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:34 PM

Because it SUX!!! This has GOT to be the worse joke on TV. SyFy save yourself a ton of money and cancel this ***.

#15 tigger928

tigger928

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:01 PM

i gave it 2 tries and it seems like i agree with most of the other people it sux, the idea of the ghostly haunted items is a good "idea" but once u put it on tv it seems like he is just trying to find some stuff to add to his collection i dont think i will keep watching this also feels to be all scripted but i am stuck on ghost hunters and GHI .. LOVE TAPS

#16 tigger928

tigger928

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:02 PM

Tip: click inside this box to load the editor

#17 MoeGreene

MoeGreene

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 428 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:43 PM

This weeks ratings are in:

Haunted Collector (1.024 million viewers, adults 18-49: 0.3 )

A .3 in the 18-49 group. Not very good.

Hollywood Treasure is doing better...I like that show...I like the old Sci Fi props...

#18 bjean22

bjean22

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:08 AM

This show is really bad. It came off like one of those staged Tru-TV shows that they label as "not reality, but actuality" (whatever that means). But I kind of liked Hollywood Treasure. I'm hoping it's still on the air because they recently auctioned off an item owned by someone that lives close to my town. It was the original crystal ball used in the Wizard of Oz. I'm wondering how the auction went, as the proceeds were going to go to some local charity.

#19 SIGILS

SIGILS

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

Reminded me of another tv show about 3 folks that were going out to try and get "cursed items" that an "evil" pawn shop owner had passed out to various people, some knowing the power of the objects, other totally "blind" to what was purchased, until the object or its effect, came back to bite them.Just came to me. "FRIDAY the 13th". Started good, got worse.

You are the champion of not dealing with your problems.

The simplest explanation is that "somebody screwed-up".

Somethings are better left alone unless you are real fast in getting dressed and out of her house.

#20 pagan

pagan

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

[attachment=18952:KNIGHT TEMPLAR.jpg]I enjoyed the show, though I liked Friday the 13th too when it was on until the plot lines became just a little too off the edge aand the actors just weren't into it. Just my opinion.I like the concept of "haunted objects", as i have several pieces here that havee a "spirit' attched to them. No, that is the truth. I have seen them, all were thee original owners and all date back to around the time of the First Crusade. They all just happen to be swords.
Everybody lies.

If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.

The notion of picking 1 times of the year to be decent to others is obscene because it's actually validating the notion of being miserable SOB finaly.

Your biggest problem...hell I don't know what it is!!! Ask somebody else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users