No replies to this topic

#1 HauntedByBob

HauntedByBob

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:43 AM

I know I'm probably very behind about this but I just found out John Glover's reading Ghost Story for the audio book and not James Marsters. Though I love James Marsters (and think he's the best audio book narrator I've ever heard) I feel that if anyone has to take his place temporarily that John Glover is a wise choice. He's a great actor, I love his work. And he's got a great voice for dark, ominous stories.

http://www.amazon.co...o/dp/0142429066

Here's a weird fact some of you probably didn't know. John Glover used to narrate a series for the History Channel called Haunted History where he'd discuss historical landmarks across the US and Europe that are supposed to be haunted. So this could be interesting.

I just hope John Glover's familiar with The Dresden files because when Richard E. Grant read Anne Rice's Tale of the body thief he was NOT familiar with the previous three Vampire Chronicles and as a result got voices very wrong. He didn't give Lestat a French accent for more than half the book and when he voiced Louis he sounded like a raspy old man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users