• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ophiuchus13

Ophiuchus13

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:54 PM

Ok...so in this episode he finally, "possibly", finds The Stone of Destiny on the island of Iona...

The problem with this show is that if anything is possibly found, there is no follow up on what they've found, there’s no show of returning back, accept for Ghost Hunters.

There is no World Wide news coverage on the possible discovery....No major headlines....nada nothing zilch.

Why isn't the Scottish government notified of the discovery of the Stone. It's was entertaining to see the Stone...but now that it's location has been given up in the episode....I would think anybody from crooks, antiquities collectors to religious organizations will try to get there hands on this stone if real.

Like I said...no follow ups.

Destination Truth, (this show is turning into another Ghost Hunters)

Ghost Hunters and Haunted Collector always tell there clients that they'll return if help is needed, yet neither one of these shows give 2 or 3 minutes to follow ups or show an episode of returning because the paranormal keeps causing trouble.

When it comes right down to it...some of these shows which I do watch, are entertaining shows about finding nothing. I laugh allot, it's Indiana Jones and Seinfeld rolled into one...

These shows need to find something that makes the World Wide news...to get any kind of credibility.

#2 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:01 PM

Why isn't the Scottish government notified of the discovery of the Stone. It's was entertaining to see the Stone...but now that it's location has been given up in the episode....I would think anybody from crooks, antiquities collectors to religious organizations will try to get there hands on this stone if real.

And just as bad was Moses' Staff. Tell the world you think it's behind a wall which sounds hollow. Yes, it did look like there was some ironworks that could close in front of it, but that's not going to stop the curious. In this case, the show may be doing more harm than good. I used Archaeology as an analogy in how shows like GH are sometimes doing more harm than good...this show (LQ) would probably be the example to use for Archaeology.

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#3 Proton

Proton

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:06 PM

I agree, they should have some follow up and protection for the find. This was the first story I believed in this new series!

Seek the Dragon's Horde!

#4 WIJoe

WIJoe

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:21 PM

For a while now the joke in my house was from Ghost Hunters International "Did you see that?". Now it's "Kinga look at this!"
Living the dream.

#5 WIJoe

WIJoe

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:21 PM

Do you think maybe the Scottish government might be interested in the idea that the Stone of Destiny in their museum is fake?
Living the dream.

#6 dowman

dowman

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:43 PM

Frankly the series insults my intelligence every episode, but at least with the Stone of Scone being in Iona Abbey, it looks like he may actually be on to something instead of pulling random ideas out of mostly thin air.

In Westminster Abbey, the false stone was housed in a compartment underneath the throne that the English king-to-be would sit on during his coronation.

Something that they never even mentioned in the show was that once they opened the trap door and saw the stone, its relative position looked like the stone would have been right underneath the chair that Kinga was standing on seconds prior. That would make the chair into the de facto coronation throne.

Since there was barely room for four people in there, that tiny room could easily be used for VERY private, secret coronation ceremonies. Given that Scotland was a subjugated nation when the monks would have relocated the Stone there, and given that the King of England would have likely gone out of his way to dispatch any known Scottish royalty to prevent an uprising, the Kingship could easily go into hiding that way - quietly crowning each new king in that tiny room, out of sight of all observers, to ensure the continuation of the of the Scottish throne until such time as Scotland would again arise to throw off the yoke of the English.

I think that's yet another coincidence that lends credence to the possibility that it may very well be the actual Stone of Scone that he found.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users