• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MainFragger

MainFragger

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

Where is the story arc for this season? I like the idea of a villain or happening being the central story that ties the whole season together.  I get bored with just randomly going out and chasing stuff every week.  There needs to be more substance to the show.

Where are the founders this season?  We haven't seen them much.

I think it would be interesting to give the team more of a team..  Like Artie manages everyone and handles research, the current team are the field agents, but they need an actual team for cataloging purposes.  

I think it would be interesting if the people in charge actually started finding uses (some good, some not so good) for the artifacts, and created a seperate team to effectively use some of the manageable ones in the field.

#2 MisterMagic123

MisterMagic123

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 240 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:30 AM

Well, we know that there is a main baddie, with that federal police agent under his control. I'm sure they will make a comeback soon. Also, H.G. is back, so that has to be something.

If people knew the reasons for my fear, they'd be able to understand my pain.

#3 LadyNRA1

LadyNRA1

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:10 AM

Where is the story arc for this season? I like the idea of a villain or happening being the central story that ties the whole season together. I get bored with just randomly going out and chasing stuff every week. There needs to be more substance to the show.

Where are the founders this season? We haven't seen them much.

I think it would be interesting to give the team more of a team.. Like Artie manages everyone and handles research, the current team are the field agents, but they need an actual team for cataloging purposes.

I think it would be interesting if the people in charge actually started finding uses (some good, some not so good) for the artifacts, and created a seperate team to effectively use some of the manageable ones in the field.

First, the big bad is slowly being revealed and all will probably work up to a 'battle' of some sort against them.

Second, I like the chase each week. It would be very boring to me to see the big bad come back each and every episode and have them doing little but chasing him/her/them.

Third, I would find it tedious to see the characters locked into stereotypical roles. The boss only stays at the job and directs, the agents only stay with their established teams. A little variety keeps it fresh for me. I love Artie getting out into the field, doing something other than being the ringmaster making occasional appearances. I would like to see Leena outside of the B&B or the Warehouse, same for Mrs. F and her appearances. I hear we will learn more about both characters this season. Wouldn't it be dull to have them reprising the same characteristics week after week?

Last, they sort of touched on this several times, particularly with MacPherson because that ex-agent clearly thought along similar lines and the Regents thought he was a threat so i can't see it happening unless there are evil Regents within the ranks who have similar plans (which I admit could be interesting). That said, Artie already uses Artifacts in limited capacity to help him deal with other artifacts. It's been happening more or less since the show first aired (in "Claudia", Artie had some 'goodies' in his bag, and he tends to pull more of these types of artifacts out from time to time). So far there have been no complaints from TPTB (ie. Regents).
Claudia: Would it have killed you to put a warning label on this thing?
Artie: Saying what? Only put on in case of stupid?

#4 MisterMagic123

MisterMagic123

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 240 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:30 AM

Lol spoiler! Leena is Mrs. F's daughter!

#5 LadyNRA1

LadyNRA1

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:53 PM

Lol spoiler! Leena is Mrs. F's daughter!

You wouldn't be alone in your speculations. quite a few folks thought this during the first season.

#6 MisterMagic123

MisterMagic123

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 240 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:22 AM

You wouldn't be alone in your speculations. quite a few folks thought this during the first season.

It would be an interesting spin. But I feel like it would just be that shotty gimick.
What I really want to see in this season is more info on Mrs. F. (background info.)

#7 LadyNRA1

LadyNRA1

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:30 PM

It would be an interesting spin. But I feel like it would just be that shotty gimick.
What I really want to see in this season is more info on Mrs. F. (background info.)

Some of the interviews seem to indicate that we WILL learn more about Mrs. F's background this season. Probably won't happen until toward the end, when the mini-arc is in progress (when Kate Mulgrew shows up). But the writers could surprise us earlier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users