• Please log in to reply
738 replies to this topic

#641 delenn

delenn

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

Eureka is the best show on Syfy and Warehouse 13, Sancutary is second best to these two. Everything else is like 'WHAT?'. A week ago I saw Salli Richardson on Monquie's show talking about the new avenues the show is going and it did not sound like going off the air. C'mon guys there must be a way to keep Eureka. This show is my weekly sci fi fix. And I agree about these reality shows and WWF. I want SCIENCE FICTION. Eureka, Eureka, Eureka!!!!!

#642 delenn

delenn

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

A spinoff would not be so bad on TITAN but since Beverly and her crew appear to have hijacked the ship is it possible?
C'mon Syfy save Eureka or somebody please pick the show up. How long must we suffer Babylon 5, Deep Space Nine, The Event, The New "V", how long, Battlestar Galactica, The New Outer Limits, and many more, I mean how long guys. Has the reality that space colonization may not be possible in our lifetime withered the imagination, hopes, and aspirations of other possiblities? Money, riiighttt. The money used on these poorly written original sci movies could be used for the good stuff. Ya'll need to stop playin!

#643 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,529 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

How long must we suffer Babylon 5, Deep Space Nine, The Event, The New "V", how long, Battlestar Galactica, The New Outer Limits, and many more, I mean how long guys.

"Suffer"? If Syfy aired Babylon 5 and Deep Space Nine, I'd be a pretty happy camper. :)

#644 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,193 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

"Suffer"? If Syfy aired Babylon 5 and Deep Space Nine, I'd be a pretty happy camper. :)

Count me in.:)

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#645 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

Me three.

#646 epicondyl

epicondyl

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU SyFy!!! This is one of your best shows.

#647 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,062 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU SyFy!!! This is one of your best shows.

Huh? Posted Image

Syfy member since April 1999

#648 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,193 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

Huh? Posted Image

They might be talking about Eureka. In which case, I want to thank The Sci-Fi Channel/Syfy for one of the best series they've ever aired!

Please Syfy, I want some more. :)

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#649 Anoobass

Anoobass

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:31 AM

It really is time for this show to come to an end. Eureka started off well but much like Allie McBeal in the 90's, the show became excrutiatingly redundant after the 2nd season. There isn't much left for them to do with the chracters. They should just end it now before it gets really bad. Let's end it on a high note.
"Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrope."

H.G. Wells.

#650 Redshirt13

Redshirt13

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

I for one am still extremely disappointed that Season 6 will be Eureka's last.  I can't wait to watch every episode.  I refuse though to begin watching any of the newer shows such as "Lost Girl" because I don't want to get invested in something that they will cancel before it's run it's course.  I will check out "Dream Machines" because there aren't any plots/characters, so if they cancel it no big deal.  

Maybe they should consider changing the network name from "SyFy" to "TPN" (Trailer Park Network).  That seems to be the audience they are going after with all the reality shows and of course wrestling! UGHHHHH

#651 easygordon

easygordon

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

I for one am still extremely disappointed that Season 6 will be Eureka's last.

It's Season 5 coming up next week. I can understand your confusion since they've dragged it out for so long. It took them five and a half years to air four seasons.

Posted Image
Reviews of SF, Fantasy & Horror books, movies, TV, comics at templetongate.net

#652 VorlessDarkChaos

VorlessDarkChaos

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

Very shocked that Eureka being killed off and I will miss it a lot,Missed a lot of episodes so will catch by streaming them from netfix.

#653 oldgi

oldgi

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

Unlikely. The problem isn't that the network doesn't want it -- Eureka writer/producer Amy Berg made it clear that Syfy execs fought to keep it -- but that the show has grown so expensive.

They have plenty of monies,they would rather use it for their reality feces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#654 sandsman1

sandsman1

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Hello,
I'm just wondering if there's ANY slight chance that some other cable channel might pick up this great series? Syfy has really bungled this. They're buffoons.
Thank you for listening.

they screwed the pooch once again, thats another slot i have to fill on another channel -- its been down hill since they changed there name when i seen that i knew they where gonna fill the channel with junk -- (wrestling) come on you gotta be kidden me

#655 purepanache

purepanache

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

I much preferred Sci-Fi to SyFy - now it is just reality and horror with a token science fiction thrown in - sorry to see Eureka go since the characters were fun. Guess I'll find something else to watch because repeated showings of Saw and Dead End (and the like) are just plain sucky. Give me a good bad movie any day (see Malibu Shark Attack). Have fun all and maybe someday there will be another decent Science Fiction channel.

#656 diehardcrafter

diehardcrafter

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

I'm not sure if I can say how I feel right now. What little TV I watch is mostly on SyFy, and now there is going to be one less reason to turn the tube on. To all of the actors and actresses, and everyone behind the scenes, THANK YOU for many happy evenings!!!!! I will be watching season 5 with a box of tissues, but will savor every moment.

#657 dragonlady96

dragonlady96

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

i am so upset Eureka is going off the air.
syfy is going down hill. They would rather put on wrestling!
i hope they don't get too caught up in the reality *****.

#658 ellbell

ellbell

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

Dear SyFy

Please stay true to your audience. Cut out the B-movies,horror movies, and the wrestling. Bring back the days of unique shows with a brain and a heart. Bring back the shows that encourage people to think. Eureka is awesome. I love the characters and the concept of the show. It will be missed so much. Even my kid is disappointed, that it has been axed. Boo!!!!! Hiss!!! Wake up SyFy, before you lose your entire audience!!!!!!!!!!!!

#659 wsucougalum00

wsucougalum00

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

Dear SyFy

Please stay true to your audience.  Cut out the B-movies,horror movies, and the wrestling.  Bring back the days of unique shows with a brain and a heart.  Bring back the shows that encourage people to think. Eureka is awesome.  I love the characters and the concept of the show.  It will be missed so much.  Even my kid is disappointed, that it has been axed.  Boo!!!!! Hiss!!!  Wake up SyFy, before you lose your entire audience!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, after Eureka ends NBC Universal could probably just move Warehouse 13 to the USA network and fold the rest of the SyFy channel.  It once had a decent amount of quality programming, but now the channel is just taking up space in the cable lineup.

#660 EurekaPowers

EurekaPowers

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:42 AM

Please never cancel Eureka or Alphas! There are only a handful of noteworthy shows to select from and Eureka is one of those exceptional shows that reaches audiences from teenagers to seniors. Please do not disappoint your viewers as they are your social mavens and they have major influence in so many areas... Not a threat, just the truth...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users