5 replies to this topic

#1 trekgirl

trekgirl

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:12 PM

This is a totally random thought, but....... Audrey reminds me alot of the character of Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica. Where did she come from? What's up with "special abilities" etc. Those of you that are BG fans will remember how Starbuck just "vanished" from Earth once her work was done. Do any of you have thoughts on what will become of Audrey? I don't see a husband, two kids and a white picket fence in the future. Too much weird stuff to deal with.

#2 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:49 PM

I think she's one of the 'troubled' and may not know it yet.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#3 Murphyknot

Murphyknot

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:15 PM

I have a thought on Audrey, as well.

I think her role in the town is similar to what we recently learned about Duke, being there to help the town & the "troubled" folks, she just isn't as aware of it as he is. Meaning, she didn't voluntarily come to Haven for that particular reason. It seems things were set up, possibly throughout her entire life, to put her in the town when she would be needed.

I do also think she is one of the "troubled"...sort of...in a reversed way. Her "trouble" being more her immunity to the "troubled" peoples abilities (afflictions), which would make her the ideal person to deal with the place.
SaNitY iS THe pLAyGRoUNd oF tHE uNimAGiNAtiVE

#4 Yellowred

Yellowred

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:35 PM

I have a thought on Audrey, as well.

I think her role in the town is similar to what we recently learned about Duke, being there to help the town & the "troubled" folks, she just isn't as aware of it as he is. Meaning, she didn't voluntarily come to Haven for that particular reason. It seems things were set up, possibly throughout her entire life, to put her in the town when she would be needed.

I do also think she is one of the "troubled"...sort of...in a reversed way. Her "trouble" being more her immunity to the "troubled" peoples abilities (afflictions), which would make her the ideal person to deal with the place.

I also believe that Duke is part of the puzzle as well as Audrey when it pertains to the troubles. After reading this thread my first thoughts were the movie "The Fifth Element" - LOL

Other players in this are the brothers, the rev. and agent Howard. The chief also, but right now is buried somewhere, but he can come back y'know.

The blonde Audrey is the key tho. Everything surrounds her just like Lucy. Could she be a reincarnation of Lucy? How? I mean "Howard and the Chief" set Audrey up to come to Haven. Or is Audrey also troubled in away where it is her ability to help other troubled people whenever the troubles resurfaces and if so, does Lucy/Audrey go into hybernation?

#5 Oddtym

Oddtym

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:56 PM

Audrey's a shape shifter. She's really agent Howard's control zombie working on a special security program designed to stop lobster's from taking over the East Coast. The main defense is an invisible bib she wears under her shirt that tests people to see if they have a rare gene that makes them immune to lobster music. You know if you hear lobster music, then you become butter in their hands.

After that, I'm not interested in who Audrey is. I'm interested in what the story is whether or her true value is revealed.

#6 theevilwriter

theevilwriter

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

I'm beginning to think that she and Duke are different from other people in the same sort of way, and that they're not in any way troubled. I think they're in fact the exact opposite of troubled, "untroubled" if you will. You know how magnets have two poles and they're the reverse of each other? Think of it like that, they're the polar opposite of the troubled and serve to fix problems rather than create them.

I still haven't worked out how people haven't figured Duke out yet - except maybe his protective scamp aura that he projects - but you've got to admit that he's been instrumental in helping solve a lot of the problems that have cropped up since the troubles returned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users