• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Taralynn70

Taralynn70

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:46 AM

So....I was watching this episode again last night.

The picture with the Chief, The Rev's "wife", and Lucy, on the back it said "Wedding Day".  Who's wedding?
Was it the Rev's?  

What has ever been said of Nathan's real mom?  I may have missed it..is there any way Lucy could be Nathan's mother?

Thoughts?

#2 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,095 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:00 PM

So....I was watching this episode again last night.

The picture with the Chief, The Rev's "wife", and Lucy, on the back it said "Wedding Day". Who's wedding?
Was it the Rev's?

What has ever been said of Nathan's real mom? I may have missed it..is there any way Lucy could be Nathan's mother?

Thoughts?

The wedding was that of the Rev's wife and her new husband, the troubled man, since the picture was shortly after the wife faked her death.

God I hope Lucy wasn't Nathan's mother, but the same thought came to me when we learned that Lucy and the Sheriff were close. Where is Duke's mother? The way Lucy held his hand, they appear related, but didn't Duke say she was his babysitter? Also, the boys were between 8 and 10 when the troubles came last time, so Lucy couldn't have been their mother. I guess we'll have to wait and see where they go with this.

Syfy member since April 1999

#3 Taralynn70

Taralynn70

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:28 PM

I realize there is an age issue....but on the episode...Carl (?) said that "Lucy" would be in her 50's by now.

So if there is some matter of her not aging, that could explain some things. She has to be "someone" related to one of the people on the show somehow. I thought that since Nathan can only feel her, there has to be some sort of reason why.

I feel like there is more to the picture, lol. We already know that the Chief and Lucy knew each other, so what is it?
Why have some random wedding picture like that hanging in the open. I know for my wedding pics, I sure didn't need to write "wedding day" on them. :)

I'm really enjoying this show!

#4 Raesharra

Raesharra

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

It was Vanessa that was Duke's baby-sitter in the Colorado Kid picture. I do think that Duke and Lucy must have had a very close relationship, and I wonder what the nature of it is since it was mentioned that Lucy was only in Haven for a few months. I remember thinking it odd that Duke would be holding Lucy's hand rather than being with Vanessa, because why would he be with someone he didn't know well rather than someone he did.

I also wondered who the wedding picture was for. It didn't strike me as being the Rev's ex/late wife and her new husband's wedding. I thought maybe it was someone elses wedding, that they all happened to be at.

Nathan's mother is dead or gone, it wasn't clear which. The definite impression I had was that she was dead. The mentioned in the episode shortly before the chief disassembled (I want to see how they bring him back) where the chief and Nathan argue.

I don't recall any mention ever of Duke's mother, only that he has older brothers somewhere.

#5 theevilwriter

theevilwriter

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:41 PM

God I hope Lucy wasn't Nathan's mother, but the same thought came to me when we learned that Lucy and the Sheriff were close.

We've been talking about the possibility that they're related on the imdb boards too. It wouldn't be that Lucy was Nathan's mother, though. Nathan was eight when Lucy was in Haven, and we know from multiple accounts that Lucy was only in Haven a few months and that Nathan's bio-dad was from Haven so it's unlikely that Nathan's mother lived elsewhere before especially considering that Nathan and Duke have known each other since they were five. Well, assuming that people aren't lying about how long she was there as they have so many other things. What? Omission is a form of lying. Dave, Vince, the chief, they're all guilty of lying by omission.

But anyway, if they were related and there wasn't a conspiracy to keep Lucy's real duration in Haven secret (which is unlikely unless Vince and Dave think it's cool to encourage someone to hook up with his sister), it would be because Audrey and Nathan shared a father, not a mother, a thing that would likely not be common knowledge considering that Lucy disappeared so abruptly. Audrey must have been born not long afterwards in order to be old enough to have been an FBI agent who had passed the two year probation period where a fbi agent is supervised by a senior agent - who would have come with her to Haven if she was still under probation - (starting Quantico requires you be at least 23, it takes five months and obviously you have to wait for the class to start, then plus two years as a junior agent equals at about 26 if she went at the first possible moment, and the last round of troubles were 27 years ago.) So, she really has to be just about the right age to have been born within months of Lucy's departure...what if Lucy tried to help Nathan's bio-dad and...well, either they hooked up, or he took advantage of her. The first time he saw Audrey was the only time he was civil to anyone in "Spiral"...don't you wonder why? Maybe she reminded him of someone he didn't hate?

The most compelling evidence that they're trying to Luke & Leia us comes from the conversation that Audrey and Nathan had at the end of "The Ties That Bind." Audrey goes in one breath talking about how terrible it must be to be separated from family and not knowing how long it'll be until you're reunited, to in the next talking about how she and Nathan unconsciously followed in Lucy and Garland's footsteps. A pointed remark about being separated from family for a long time, then comparing herself and her partner to a pair who were as far as we know entirely platonic (given Garland was married to Nathan's mom and no one ever has accused him of being a cheater)...hmmm. It's not strong evidence, but it is something to think about.

#6 Yellowred

Yellowred

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:24 PM

OK, I'm not buying Nathan and Audrey being related. I do feel that Duke and Nathan are tho. I don't want to believe that Audrey is an reincaration of Lucy neither. Also, one brother Vince or David (the short one) is extremely afraid of Lucy. I want to know why, and do believe that is one important part of the puzzle. The brothers also know something about a possible hook-up for Nate and Audrey, and Duke's wife won't be around too much longer, and the "triangle" will again go into effect.

Haven is one effed up little town.

#7 theevilwriter

theevilwriter

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:32 PM

this interview

OK, I'm not buying Nathan and Audrey being related. I do feel that Duke and Nathan are tho.

Time will tell. A fellow haven fan sent me a link to this interview with Eric Balfour, which I finally got a chance to watch tonight. If he himself thinks that Duke is like Han Solo... =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users