Photo

PRIMEVAL LIVES! Space to produce new season 6 of Primeval!!!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 scifriday

scifriday

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 579 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:48 PM

http://blastr.com/20...ci-fi-serad.php

Dino-filled UK sci-fi series Primeval gets a Canadian spinoff, eh?

Awesome news, everyone! While we're impatiently waiting for season five of Primeval to air over here in North America, news of a spinoff of the U.K. sci-fi series has just emerged.

Titled Primeval: New World (Torchwood: Miracle Day was originally subtitled The New World, BTW) will be a Canadian production from our friends over at <A href="http://www.spacecast...val-New-World">SPACE, and it will be set in the same anomalies-filled universe we all know and love.

This is the announcement:

We're excited to announce today that SPACE has ordered a new original drama series known as Primeval: New World! The series will run 13 one hour long episodes and will build on the UK Primeval mythology, taking place in the same universe that we've come to know and love. The story will centre on a new Canadian team of animal experts taking on whatever past or future creatures come through the anomalies that are now appearing around the world.

The creative team behind New World boasts an all Canadian team of writers, and takes place in Vancouver, continuing the SPACE tradition of creating top quality original Canadian genre programming!

SFX seems to have a bit more news about the Primeval spinoff, saying:

This new series will be "darker and scarier" than the original and it will have a younger, sexier cast and lots of gory special effects to go with it; as a result of this the new show will air at the later time of 9pm [hmmm... do they mean UK time?]. Production is set to start in the winter of 2012 and the show will be filmed mostly in Vancouver. The special effects of the show will be dealt by Impossible's London group. Jonathan Drake, managing director of Impossible says that this is not a continuation of Primeval but rather "a bigger, better, badder re-imagining of the show".

The two stories seem to contradict themselves a little bit here, with SPACE calling it a spinoff and SFX calling it a re-imagining, but as soon as we know more, we'll let you guys know.

There's also no news yet on whether the new Canadian production will involve any of the original ITV series' creators, much as the U.S. version of Being Human involved the original U.K. series' own creator, Toby Whithouse.

#2 Dalek1099

Dalek1099

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:09 AM

Series 6 is confirmed!!!We'll have to settle for a new cast though but Connor,Lester,Abby etc could still appear in Series 6 in single episodes as a Guest Star and there is still a chance that Series 7 will be greenlit by ITV and include them and start in Spring 2013 that would be wonderful!!!Now primeval forum what creatures should be in every episode? 1.Adventure at sea return of the Mer?because we really didn't find out much about them and includes a swarm of Future Sharks and Future Crocodiles 2.A Wolly Mammoth in a Paleontology Museum you can just imagine the"Well that is the best exhibit in the whole place or maybe NOT!!!AAAARGH!!!"along with Short faced bear that are hunting them 3.A future snake comes through an anomaly and leaves one of the team in mortal danger after being bitten with venom.Also future spiders in the setting of the forest. 4.A swarm of future wasp,future predator and Megaopteran take over an ancient Monument of religon ruining the silence that is compulsory on entering and one person who believes in god says "we must not have obeyed him correctly and now he will bring about our downfall" 5.A pack of Mutated Giganotoraptor,who can fly, are the mode of transport for the team to the anomaly site Quite Literally!!!set on a farm where a giganotoraptor nest is in a thick pile of hay ready to hatch. 6.A megladon proves to be too big a catch for a fishermen's dinner and the role of predator and prey quickly swap around as the fisherman says "this is my biggest catch of my life it seems to be a bigger shark than even the Great White Aaargh!!!Did you forget that your my dinner not the other way around?Aaaargh!!!"Also includes a fight between Megladon and a group of the largest pliosaurs(exaggerated for primeval). set at St Lawrence River. 7.A pack of Dimetrodon and Gorgonopsid have caught a train and find themselves in Russia and this nearly causes a war between Canada and Russia!!!set at Canadian train station and Russian Airport 8.Argentinosaurus cause mayhem at the biggest waterfall in Canada the Niagara falls!!! 9.Future Carnivorous Birds have created an eco-system in the local area and a strange thing about them is that like caterpillars they change and to do this they find human hosts and the team discovers that if they don't manage to stop the birds finding children as hosts in the nearby school in a swimmming competition that they will turn into shapeshifting gigantic lizards,who have future adaptations to camoflage and would be unfindable if all the birds found human hosts and turned into them but unfournately they are already turning into lizards.Also,the creatures are attracted to the swimming pool for an easy meal because the meat is more exposed therefore easier to bite into. 10.Creatures from the future that can fully shapeshift to bacteria size even produce chemicals that make their prey fall asleep invade the control centre. 11.The pack leader of a group of Carcondontosaurus with abnormal height becomes the largest creature on the show and not only is their taste for human flesh a problem but the future parasite that is feeding on some of the group. 12.The smallest anomaly ever is so small that the team don't manage to find it but that doesn't mean that it can't expand and unleash Future Carnivorous Giant Humans though!!!They feed on human flesh in the future,are very desperate and Semi-robotic.Followed by them are Future Predators and Gorgonopsid that are about to make history. 13.The team have accidentallly saved Claudia Brown.This creates loads and loads of anomalies that unleash Arboreal Raptor,Future Wasp,Future Snake,Tyrannosaurus,Giganotosaurus,Velociraptor,Me gaopteran,Future Crocodile,Future Predator and Giganotoraptor aslong as many other creatures including a swarm of prehistoric beetles that swarm the team's building.The team must find an anomaly that will lead them to a period that was just before the event that changed history happened and make sure it happens they can find the anomaly using connor's date calculator that they got delivered to them after asking Connor but with future beetles destroying all equipment in the team's control centre.How can they hope to make sure that Claudia Brown dies and Jenny Lewis lives?so that the world can survive this terrible outbreak of creatures. Final two episodes involve Jenny Lewis and Connor Temple in cameo roles and Claudia Brown in a significant role

#3 manicmonkeyinspace

manicmonkeyinspace

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,915 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:11 PM

http://www.digitalsp...ff-details.html

'Primeval' exec reveals new spinoff details

Published Thursday, Oct 27 2011, 17:29 BST | By Morgan Jeffery |

Primeval co-creator Tim Haines has revealed new details about the show's Canadian spinoff.

It was reported last month that an "older, darker and scarier" post-watershed series, titled Primeval: New Order, has been commissioned for 13 one-hour episodes by Canadian channel Space.

"Essentially anomalies start appearing on the Northern latitudes, and they've got to cope with it," Haines told SFX. "And there is a little bit of crossover [with the UK show] in the first episode, and then we'll see how it goes after that. Mostly they'll be getting on with it themselves."

He continued: "It's a spinoff. Imagine CSI - so the people in Miami do it [and] the people in New York do it."

The writer also hinted that characters from the UK Primeval could "possibly" appear on the show.

"We've only got one at the moment," he said. "We haven't worked that out."

Haines added that the team at Impossible Pictures are "very keen to start the writers' room soon".

"It will be produced in Vancouver, and it will be made very much under the North American system," he explained. "It'll be very interesting to see how that works."

Primeval: New Order will begin filming in 2012.
He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe
And.......................He is WONDERFUL
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 StarPowerWarrior

StarPowerWarrior

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:36 PM

I wonder if we in the US will get to see this. Anyone know??
All the best,
Matthew

Posted Image

#5 B5er

B5er

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

This is great news, but, I'm concerned about them going younger with the cast?

The only ones over 30 were Nick Cutter, Helen, James and Alexander Siddig.

Pretty much everyone else was under 30 when they joined the show.
Connor 27/28
Abby 25/26
Becker 25/26
Claudia/Jenny 27/28
Stephen 31/32

How can it the slightest bit believable if they go even younger than this? The Gov't wouldn't turn something like over to folks younger than this, even these ages are pushing believability?

Oh, and did Becker ever get a first name? I don't recall him being referred to as anything other than Becker and Capt. Becker. He really needs to be on a show where we get to see him him 20 or more weeks a year

#6 Mr_Ambassador

Mr_Ambassador

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:23 PM

hmmmm....I don't know about this one, but I will definitely check it out when it comes down the line.

#7 NewnotesJR

NewnotesJR

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:47 AM

That should be good. I hope they really do something about the realism so that it won't be so cheesy. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the show enough, but some of the cheesyness was just. . . absurd, to say the least. LOL, I remember laughing watching these ginormous creatures expending so much energy for tiny little morsels. LOL, these blood thirsty creatures stomping around making all kinds of scary noises who will fight to their own death just to kill a tiny little human, LOLOLOL. The absurdity just screams. First of all, the primary reason we are not hunted by wild creatures is because we are not an instinctive source of food for creatures used to killing other wild animals. So, exactly how common a food source are we going to seem to dinosaur that has never seen us before? We're not going to seem like a food source, and the animal not being in it's own territory is more than likely going to hide and look for a way to return to more familiar surroundings, not stomp through the city roaring and killing any and every human being it lays eyes on LOLOLOLOL.
Another little annoyance is, even if I could accept that these prehistoric beasts would hunt humans, they aren't going to do it by stomping and roaring all kinds of noise, quickly and bloodily dispatching all humans they see except the main stars with whom they always pause for a moment before attempting to kill them even often stopping a full on charge just to pause for a moment before attempting to kill them. I'm telling you, the show made laugh sometimes because of the cheesyness. I mean, how does the writing honestly believe they get away with this ridiculous *****. I guess because us sci-fi lovers are a . . . an understanding bunch. We realize that most of our shows will be somewhat unrealistic and cheesy at times, so we tolerate it. And Primeval was fairly decent show, so I tolerated the utter absurdity this show demonstrated sometimes. I mean it was no Stargate saga, LOLOL, it was better than SGU though. It was no Dr. Who or even Sarah Jane Smith Adventures, but it still had it's charm, and it kept me watching.
You know, in reality, Dr. Breshear was right. Using those anomalies as energy sources was not a bad idea at all. It was just his unrealistic pushing of it to happen so soon. In fact, to say that they don't want to understand those anomalies intricately, just defend against the creatures was absurd in of itself. That's like not trying the experiment of Democracy because you're afraid of opening a Pandora's box that could send the entire nation into upheaval and anarchy. I mean they're there, they exist, understanding every aspect of their physics would behoove them, and may prove to be of utmost importance one day. Nothing wrong with understanding something.
Oh yeah, one other thing I thought was incredibly cheesy, what in the world is up with that girl saving those creature's lives at the expense of human life, and nobody says anything, she expressed no guilt or regret that her actions of saving a creature in a somewhat unsecured situation caused the death of people and nearly the death of the entire team. I feel her, I understand, there's no reason to kill a creature if it's not absolutely necessary under most conditions, but when in certain situations, it's better not to risk the lives of human beings just to pat yourself on the back as being a considerate animal lover. I mean the show progressed and people reacted as though that girl was right in her actions to save animals despite them causing the deaths of people because she saved them. I mean on the submarine alone, it was just absurd. We're going to save a raptor on a submarine in a room that obviously wasn't very secure at all only to kill it later anyway, but only after it killed like 4 people and put the whole team at risk of being killed. All so this girl could say, "I saved one, I'm so enlightened." It's these things that are so cheesy about this show. Oh, and that submarine is not an isolated incident on this show, I just don't remember a lot of other examples because it's been over a year since I last watched this show at at the end of season 3.
Anyhow, despite all of it's annoyances, the show still draws me in and I enjoy it. It's hard for me to take it seriously though seeing dinosaurs stomping around like demon-possessed banshee lunatics killing people as fast and as noisily as they possibly can. Slamming into buildings and vehicles even when their bodies and heads are not shaped properly to do that without considerable injury. lOLOL, geez I laugh every time I think about it, it's so absurd, LOLOL. But I think the show gives a good long-term storyline. It's got some good episodic storylines, and the characters are lovable enough, although I think their development in seasons 1 through 3 were much better. They seemed more realistic.

Also, I still cannot figure out exactly what that girl's job is. I mean I think it was the boy and the girl just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and somehow got mixed up with the whole thing, if I remember correctly. The boy proved his worth by demonstrating his expertise on prehistoric creatures, and the girl, I have no earthly idea why she was part of the group. I guess she was a just another gun to help out with capturing creatures, or at least that's how she seemed in seasons 4 and 5. However, and it seems kind of funny to me, they wanted to kick out the boy, who was obviously worth something because of his expertise in prehistoric creatures and apparently computer science and physics, but the girl, who has no obvious worth or special contribution they wanted to keep? LOL, I find this kind of funny as well. I understand that I may have merely forgotten her place in this whole thing, but still, she didn't really seem to have anything to particular contribute. Anyhow, no big deal, I've come to expect this kind of thing out of this show, and it still has not lost it's charm. So indeed, I hope they do come out with this spin-off because I'm sure I will enjoy it. Now if they got rid of a few of the more ridiculous parts and made them more believable, I think the show would be just be that much better.

#8 manicmonkeyinspace

manicmonkeyinspace

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,915 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:57 AM

http://www.digitalsp...ra-canning.html
'Primeval: New World' casts 'Vampire Diaries' star Sara Canning

The Vampire Diaries star Sara Canning has joined Primeval spinoff New World.
The 13-episode Canadian-UK co-production is currently filming in Vancouver and will air in late 2012.
Canning will play a 'predator attack expert', according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The actress - best known for playing Jenna Sommers on The CW's The Vampire Diaries - has appeared in episodes of Smallville and Supernatural.

Eureka's Niall Matter will also star in New World as a visionary inventor.
Andrew-Lee Potts, who played Connor in the original UK series, has been confirmed to appear as a guest star.
Miranda Frigon (Heartland), Geoff Gustafson (Once Upon a Time) and Danny Rahim (Young James Herriot) make up the remainder of the show's regular cast, while Stargate's Amanda Tapping will direct.

Primeval: New World will air on Watch in the UK and Space in Canada.
He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe
And.......................He is WONDERFUL
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,193 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

From Blastr: Why Primeval spinoff is gonna have a 'harder edge' than original

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#10 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,193 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

From Blastr: See 1st action-packed, dino-filled trailer for Primeval New World

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

#11 CaproCaine

CaproCaine

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 538 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

From Blastr: See 1st action-packed, dino-filled trailer for Primeval New World

Primeval not only lives but on Syfy as well.

Primeval lives and on Sfyfy at least according to Deadline.

Look for it in the Spring of 2013.

#12 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,524 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

Primeval not only lives but on Syfy as well.

Primeval lives and on Sfyfy at least according to Deadline.

Look for it in the Spring of 2013.

Confirmed by Craig Engler.

#13 Spock

Spock

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 438 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

Posted Image Oh, I hope it's half as good as the original. One show actually stayed away from losing the story line.Posted Image
----------------------------------
"We often add to our pain and suffering by being overly sensitive, over-reacting to minor things, and sometimes taking things too personally."
...H. H. Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

#14 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,193 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Syfy, Hulu Acquire ‘Primeval: New World’

Here's an excerpt:

Syfy and Hulu have acquired Primeval: New World. Syfy has picked up the US basic cable rights to the Primeval spinoff series for a 2013 premiere.

#15 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,193 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

From Blastr: Primeval: New World ... axed? Creators hope to avoid extinction

Posted Image

#16 Spock

Spock

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 438 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

I'm watching the reruns as they appear. Haven't heard or seen anything about a new or continued series on the tv at all.
----------------------------------
"We often add to our pain and suffering by being overly sensitive, over-reacting to minor things, and sometimes taking things too personally."
...H. H. Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users