• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Fangtasia82

Fangtasia82

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:02 PM

Still reeling here... I thought the finale was great, but I'm sad the season is over already. Anyway, I really do hope they give us a season 3 after that cliffhanger! I seriously need some closure...

I'm confused by the previews for the Christmas episode. I guess it's not meant to fit in to the storyline of season 2? It just seems weird. I'm still looking forward to it though.

#2 jumperbabe

jumperbabe

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:18 PM

I couldn't talk or breathe right for like 5 minutes after the ep. I feel like they dangled some answers in front of us, but didn't really give us many. I feel like for every "answer", they just extended the chain to a new question.

Right off the bat, love the adorably awkward yet functional Nathan/Audrey in this :) I'm not even gonna start on that ending though. Can't process that quite yet...

Nice turn of Duke being troubled. Got me thinking though. After he stabbed that kid/stabbed himself, his eyes did that blue/blank thing. Does that mean that Dwight is 'cured', or does he actually have to die for that to happen.

And I really want to know why the brothers have been against each other all season, especially when it comes to Haven's secrets. Did anyone else think that Sarah's ring looked just like the one Nathan pulled from Chief's remains before he buried him? The one on the chain, presumably around his neck? Color me curious.

And all I can think about this ending right now is that Nathan got that tattoo at the meeting from last week, but that there is a chance (probably pretty small at this point) that he didn't shoot Duke, thinking it may be his only chance to find Audrey.
Posted Image

#3 gik910

gik910

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:18 PM

Well that is one hell of a way to end a season. Just....so much happened, I'm still processing.

Oh Nathan, that whole little "breakfast?" exchange was just too flippin' adorable! And Lucas is just playing him pitch perfect. And so freaking good looking (he's been getting hotter the more that relationship proceeds). /shallow end of the pool

I want to know more about Vince & Dave.

Duke, I still love your face. I know it wasn't you!!!!

Hope to God that shot was just a flesh wound (p.s. no way Duke had time to get a shoot off before Nathan)

There has to be a season 3, right?
gik910

#4 jumperbabe

jumperbabe

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:20 PM

I'm confused by the previews for the Christmas episode. I guess it's not meant to fit in to the storyline of season 2? It just seems weird. I'm still looking forward to it though.

I watched Eureka's and Warehouse 13's xmas episodes last year. They had absolutely nothing to do with the progression of the series. They just kinda made it seem like it had happened somewhere in the middle of the previous season. This xmas episode probably won't give us anything in the grand scheme of things. But it will probably be fun watching Duke play Santa :)
Posted Image

#5 gik910

gik910

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:22 PM

I couldn't talk or breathe right for like 5 minutes after the ep. I feel like they dangled some answers in front of us, but didn't really give us many. I feel like for every "answer", they just extended the chain to a new question.

Right off the bat, love the adorably awkward yet functional Nathan/Audrey in this :) I'm not even gonna start on that ending though. Can't process that quite yet...

Nice turn of Duke being troubled. Got me thinking though. After he stabbed that kid/stabbed himself, his eyes did that blue/blank thing. Does that mean that Dwight is 'cured', or does he actually have to die for that to happen.

And I really want to know why the brothers have been against each other all season, especially when it comes to Haven's secrets. Did anyone else think that Sarah's ring looked just like the one Nathan pulled from Chief's remains before he buried him? The one on the chain, presumably around his neck? Color me curious.

And all I can think about this ending right now is that Nathan got that tattoo at the meeting from last week, but that there is a chance (probably pretty small at this point) that he didn't shoot Duke, thinking it may be his only chance to find Audrey.

The Crocker line has to kill the Troubled person to end the curse in order for it to be gone. A least that was my understanding. I think Duke's Trouble kicks in if there is blood, but death has to occur for it to take.

As far as the Christmas episode, generally with SyFy series they are never "in-timeline," they are just special episodes for us! But I hope to God that there are some cute Audrey/Nathan moments!
gik910

#6 Dunadan

Dunadan

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:35 PM

I enjoyed the finale. That gunshot at the end really had me on the edge of my seat. It was also good to have the Chief back. I really miss the humor he brought to the series. I wonder just how Vince plans on bringing him back. Looking forward to the Xmas episode and hopefully a 3rd season!

#7 div4gravity

div4gravity

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:55 PM

Loved the finale; many twists and turns...good fun! Okay, I think Vince had Audrey abducted by Dwight for her protection.

#8 curtis11

curtis11

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:28 AM

The Crocker family line can kill the troubled people and stop the curse for the descendants of the family. What if they only need the troubled peoples blood to spill on them so they can absorb the trouble. When Duke cut Dwight, the blood soaked into Duke's skin. They haven't shown Dwight since then to see if his trouble is gone.

The reverend may have told Duke's father he had to kill the people, but he only had to have their blood touch his skin.

With that thought. The shot fired in the end was Duke grazing Nathan, his blood gets on Duke. Now Nathan's trouble is gone and he has his sense of feeling back in season 3.

#9 theevilwriter

theevilwriter

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:41 AM

I liked that we got some answers, but this finale left a lot to be desired.

Nathan and Audrey...Good God, could they have been any more seventh grade about things? That reminded me way too much of how Joey and Dawson acted around each other when they finally started dating, but they were in high school...and we all know how that turned out in the end. What happened to the comfortable banter between them in season one, when she teased him for having no game with women, and he teased her about liking the troubles? Those were nice moments. If they were still like that it could have been okay, obviously not my favorite pairing but okay, not so forced like the last two episodes have been.

The Rev was the only character whole episode, and I'm not just talking awkward relationship stuff either. How does Nathan go from telling Audrey that Duke's a terrible person and not to be trusted in one scene to being fine with her going off with him alone - knowing that he's supposed to kill her (!!!) - in the next? Duke's not to be trusted, yet he trusts him to be a good unpaid helper as usual? And his only complaint after they're off alone is his apparently ditching her? How did Vince and Dave go from tight-lipped to shucks, I guess we should tell her? Audrey's been on edge for a few episodes, so I guess that's not new, but the transition between so stressed she's throwing stuff around to making a pancake meal cannot be explained without a Valium milkshake either. She's also guilty of thinking Duke could kill her, maybe, to blithely going off with him alone too. And Duke, why didn't he tell everyone to go screw themselves? He claimed his only reason for staying in Haven was because his father told him he had to be there when the troubles happened, but he didn't know why. Now he knows why, and thinks his father is a nutjob and he refuses to do as commanded, so why wouldn't he have decided not to honor the request to stay now that he knows the terrible reasoning behind it? In character Duke would have been at sea before Nathan got there.

I'm also not pleased how closely some of the resembledTrue Blood season finale scenes. Okay, they couldn't have known that True Blood's finale a couple of weeks ago would have ghosts rise and talk to people, or a scene showing the ghosts all walking towards the characters in a graveyard, so that gets a pass as concincidence. But the last scene with Audrey? Very close to True Blood's season two finale. It just took place in Audrey's apartment rather eatery. You know, and a taser instead of silver chains.

I have to trust that the writers have a plan to explain why everyone has been so out of character lately, but it's going to be a long while before we get more answers. sigh.

#10 glaciergirl

glaciergirl

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:53 AM

Wow! I agree with everyone else that this was a great episode. I started to giggle when it showed the tattoo on Nathan's arm because I have always wondered why it is that even in the heat Nathan wore long sleeved shirts, not that he hasn't appeared in a t-shirt from time to time. My other new theory is because of what Nathan said to Audrey, when he told her about Duke returning to town and taking him out fishing. Nathan said they were beating on one another for an hour before he realized that he couldn't feel anymore and that Duke made his trouble return...so is it possible that the conflict between the Crocker descendant and a descendant of one of the "guardians" is what triggers the troubles to return? Just thinking out loud. I also think what the secret was to get the troubles to end that Lucy figured out was to kill the Crocker heir. Lucy killed Simone, Sarah killed Duke's grandfather. Again just sayin' Since there was only one shot I think it is either Nathan intentionally missing Duke or perhaps they were both so startled by the tattoo that Duke got off a shot out of shear terror (He's suppose to die from a man with a tattoo on his arm). I now think the romance between Nathan and Audrey is not as spontaneous as I would have hoped, what I mean is that I think every time Sarah/Lucy/Audry shows up she marries a new man. I thought Lucy might have married Dave at first but why would Vince have the ring? Maybe it was Vince that was married to her? Anyways, I have a very overly active imagination and with this episode I went into high gear.

#11 Brookem04

Brookem04

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:19 AM

Nathan having a tattoo wasn't a big surprise because his biological father had one.
I felt bad for Audrey getting tricked into opening the door. I really don't want her to be erased because she has gained so much knowledge.
If the Sarah/Lucy/Audrey marrying a new man thing is true...Did the Chief have a ring on a chain that he wore? If he had a ring, did he marry Lucy?
I hope neither Nathan or Duke got killed because there are still some unanswered questions about both and more development needed.
Is it possible that Nathan isn't the guy who kills Duke because it's some sort of trick and they will extend the mystery?
Could any of the Teagues brothers have shot off a gun?
Is it possible that Audrey was erased this time?

#12 Raesharra

Raesharra

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:59 AM

Could any of the Teagues brothers have shot off a gun?
Is it possible that Audrey was erased this time?

You know, I was wondering that as well. I was thinking early this morning maybe Dwight or Vince had come aboard and fired off the shot (presuming Dwight's power has changed and he's not a bullet magnet because Duke absorbed his blood). If not, I really hope it was Nathan firing next to Duke's face or something and not at Duke to try to spook him into talking. I agree with the earlier poster, I don't think Duke had enough time to get the gun out from under the table and fire at Nathan.

I hadn't even considered Audrey being erased. I guess that would be a good reason to take her.

Anyone else notice that the ring had three stones? Something tells me perhaps it's one stone for each for Audrey, Nathan, and Duke. I think the biggest thing was when Duke turned around and said that Audrey was his friend. I suspect that Audrey, Duke and Nathan will have to work together in a way that hasn't happened before in order for the troubles to stop. I think from what Garland and Simon said, they did not work together.

It took me until ths morning to finally get why Nathan was blaming Duke for his trouble returning. I thought he was implying the troubles returned because Duke was back in Haven. I just realized it was because Nathan was so angry at Duke that it activated his trouble. That whole thing makes me wonder... Why would Nathan get so upset it activated his trouble when Duke acted... well like Duke? It's not like the two didn't have past history together.

#13 theevilwriter

theevilwriter

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:50 AM

I hope neither Nathan or Duke got killed because there are still some unanswered questions about both and more development needed.

Not me. I think one or the other dying would be very good for the show's development.

I hope Nathan is killed, but just for a moment. We need to know how dead a person has to be in order to kill the trouble. What if it's like BTVS and simply being clinically dead for a moment fulfills the spirit of the curse? Buffy drowned but was immediately brought back and the next slayer was still called. How about they were wrestling over the gun and it went off, and Nathan's heart stops for a minute...only Duke does CPR because he never wanted to kill anyone, nevermind Nathan. Then in typical TV fashion Nathan gasps and comes to, cured. You saw how hard it was when he had to give up his chance of being free of his trouble early in the season...it would be nice if the gun going off leads to him being fixed. Of course, then season three would have to include how he copes with having both a change of status amongst the townfolk, and how he then relates to both Audrey and Duke now that he's normal and they're not.

Or, I hope that Duke is killed. But then too, only for a moment, since Nathan knows that Audrey would never forgive him for killing her friend so he'd try to start his heart again too. Then he's the one who has to evolve in season three now that he'd no longer be consumed with fear of a tattoo'd man killing him. His late babysitter only got a glimpse of how he died, which does not preclude a temporary death in his case either.

It's actually kind of too bad they can't both die, but unless there were other people on Duke's boat, that'd lead to being dead-dead and none of us want that. Well, maybe Audrey-Dwight fans do =)

#14 Tsikou

Tsikou

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:13 AM

The Crocker family line can kill the troubled people and stop the curse for the descendants of the family. What if they only need the troubled peoples blood to spill on them so they can absorb the trouble. When Duke cut Dwight, the blood soaked into Duke's skin. They haven't shown Dwight since then to see if his trouble is gone.

The reverend may have told Duke's father he had to kill the people, but he only had to have their blood touch his skin.

With that thought. The shot fired in the end was Duke grazing Nathan, his blood gets on Duke. Now Nathan's trouble is gone and he has his sense of feeling back in season 3.

I absolutely love your blood theory and also the theory about Dwight kidnapping Audrey to keep her safe. When the finale ended I literally SCREAAAAAAAAAAAMEEED

#15 CoarseLimely

CoarseLimely

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:41 AM

Wow, great episode. At first I didn't find Nathan's rage at Duke believable. He has to know that Duke's not stupid enough to leave evidence behind like that. Then I thought "Okay, Nathan's really falling for Audrey. Love makes you do stupid things."

#16 sygal64

sygal64

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:04 AM

Wow, great episode. At first I didn't find Nathan's rage at Duke believable. He has to know that Duke's not stupid enough to leave evidence behind like that. Then I thought "Okay, Nathan's really falling for Audrey. Love makes you do stupid things."

and that's what the Chief was warning Nathan about!

#17 maddpappy

maddpappy

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:20 AM

I think Audrey is either the result of the curse (maybe its a witch thing she cast) or that she is trying to help the people someone else cursed. Some things come to mind. When Audrey returns the troubles start. Now is it her leaving that stops it, the killing of a Crocker, or her reintroduction someone plans for when they have already started. I remember the agent and Chief saying the town needed her. It was already planned for her to come back. and does this timing have to do with Duke's return or someone else's? I don't think it was just the fact the town was divided. they need her for some reason...maybe she protects them? Apparently some people of the past are afraid of her. Perhaps she goes too far in a rage to protect the people (cursed)? I remember Duke's dad saying she didn't have to do it herself. can she cast a spell, cause histaria, or one of her supporters will protect her? Then we go to the scene with Nathan and his tattoo. I don't remember seeing this tattoo in previous episodes and it looks knew. There have been a few times he was in a t shirt and I didn't see it. Perhaps it is a sign as to which side he is on? I think he got it at the meeting. It strikes me that she is to be protected and the chief is afraid his sons love will prompt her to put herself in danger. my guess is that there is a lot more that Audrey can do, or what she means that is special. I don't think the old house that Audrey two went in is the forget zone...but maybe someone/something inside it. I think Audrey is either troubled herself, or immortal. Over all I think she is the center of this 'cursed' thing and that the people are or were once 'witches' or people/families that were cursed for a reason. She does help the people, but we have to wonder why they erase her. and why it was said that she is different this time. I am wondering then if the original girl was a witch and burnt and her supporters were marked as cursed. most of the troubles occur when the people are endangered or scared. There are so many angles to it but it all comes back to her. Audrey can be both useful but very dangerous. she is also precious enough to be protect and even erased. glad we got something this season because it was getting to be too mysterious. I already saw Duke being troubled coming, but its a good thing.

#18 Yellowred

Yellowred

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:49 AM

Nathan's tatto only appeared when he was about to shoot Duke. When Nathan's biological father was killed it didn't reverse Nathan's curse. My conclusion, that the troubled people have to be killed by Duke family's special weapons, his weapons are trouble busters. But apparently this time around things have changed. Audrey, Duke, and Nathan will probably be working together instead of Duke being the enemy.

I hope Vince can bring the chief back, he's funny in a weird sort of way, and very hard on Nathan. Also, I love, just love, the interactions between Nathan and Audrey, its refreshing to see.

#19 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,106 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:24 PM

Nathan's tatto only appeared when he was about to shoot Duke. When Nathan's biological father was killed it didn't reverse Nathan's curse. My conclusion, that the troubled people have to be killed by Duke family's special weapons, his weapons are trouble busters. But apparently this time around things have changed. Audrey, Duke, and Nathan will probably be working together instead of Duke being the enemy.

I hope Vince can bring the chief back, he's funny in a weird sort of way, and very hard on Nathan. Also, I love, just love, the interactions between Nathan and Audrey, its refreshing to see.

I was sad to see that Nicholas Campbell (the Chief) had a stroke. At least his speech isn't slurred.

Syfy member since April 1999

#20 Tambalaz

Tambalaz

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:36 PM

First off, I didn't get to see the finale till this morning, thank goodness for DVR's!!

I liked the season finale, but there are soo many unanswered questions. What is the significance of the maze tattoo?
Why does Sarah/Lucy/Audrey keep reappearing in Haven when the troubles start, and might her imminent reappearance in Haven actually spark off the troubles? Mostly, I want to know what happened on the Cape Rouge between Nathan and Duke.
I have to wonder if DAVE might have had something to do with Audrey's abduction, because he certainly didn't want Vince helping her out. People never suspect the little guy in glasses, but this IS Haven we're talking about. OR, was Audrey abducted by Dwight at VINCE'S request, in order to help her, and leave's Duke's whistle for Nathan to find, in order for him to go kill Duke, and get rid of their 'trouble exterminator', so to speak.

It was good to see the Chief again too. I was kinda hoping Dr. Eleanor Carr would appear again too, I miss her on the show, she was a hoot, and I think she knew a lot of the answers that Audrey's been looking for too.

Guess we'll all have to wait for Season Three for the answers...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users