41 replies to this topic

#21 brekke668

brekke668

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:10 AM

You guys smoking mistletoe or something?!?

This episode was pathetic and lame, not to mention cheesy, we only have a few episodes before the series is over and they wasted it on this?!? This ranks up there with the Star Wars Christmas special.... Only people who would like this are 12 year olds...

Last years Special was really good, they seriously dropped the ball this year... the writers should be fired...

This is a terrible start to Season Five, I hope this is not a sign of what the rest of the season is going to be like.. if so I can understand why SyFy is cancelling it...

Well this 54 year old enjoyed it. But then I don't keep my inner child locked away.

I enjoyed all the anime styles they used especially the clay animation when I was a kid Rudolph was my favorite Holiday TV special.

I loved the car telling off Carter for all the bad things that has happened to it over the years. And I really liked Sninjas.
You can either destroy your spirit or you can accept and love yourself just the way you are.

#22 EPG

EPG

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:43 AM

Well this 54 year old enjoyed it. But then I don't keep my inner child locked away.

I enjoyed all the anime styles they used especially the clay animation when I was a kid Rudolph was my favorite Holiday TV special.

I loved the car telling off Carter for all the bad things that has happened to it over the years. And I really liked Sninjas.

yeah i gotta go with ya on this one, i loved all the styles they used making the last christmas in eureka.

oh little town of eur-eka :D

AND HIS NAME WAS CARL, :P :D :lol:

would you like some penguin?
my favoraite play ground is waiting for me to come and play on her.

http://www.thegraphi...g/Ginormica.JPG

I LIKE CHEESE

#23 Bakamushi

Bakamushi

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 288 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:06 AM

You guys smoking mistletoe or something?!?

This episode was pathetic and lame, not to mention cheesy, we only have a few episodes before the series is over and they wasted it on this?!? This ranks up there with the Star Wars Christmas special.... Only people who would like this are 12 year olds...

Last years Special was really good, they seriously dropped the ball this year... the writers should be fired...

This is a terrible start to Season Five, I hope this is not a sign of what the rest of the season is going to be like.. if so I can understand why SyFy is cancelling it...

+1

I think it was a complete disaster. A mixture of the intellectual level of 4 year olds and mature geeks pleasuring themselves obscenely with graphic tablets.

It was so lame and pathetic I'm still shocked.

Compared to the brilliant wit of last season's Xmas special, this one is really catastrophic.

#24 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,994 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:30 AM

Edward James Olmos lent his voice to this episode, but I was uncertain as to which character he portrayed. Was he one of the sleigh dogs?

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#25 TDAllonsy

TDAllonsy

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:37 AM

Edward James Olmos lend his voice to this episode, but I was uncertain as to which character he portrayed. Was he one of the dogs?

Yep, he was one of the dogs. The lead one. (forgot his name)

~ Anastasia

@TDAllonsy

My Tumblr
Stargate Group on GoodReads: The GateRoom

#26 TDAllonsy

TDAllonsy

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:53 AM

I hope they include a line for Carl (Carter's jeep) complaining about all the beating it's gotten over the years. :lol:

I almost wanted Carl to go on listing *everything* that has happened to him over the years. ^^ good scene!
~ Anastasia

@TDAllonsy

My Tumblr
Stargate Group on GoodReads: The GateRoom

#27 Vetter

Vetter

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:18 PM

Ok...when was the timeline for this episode. Its obviously after Jack and Allison decided to move in together but before the last episode or before Joe decided to leave...am I correct? Shouts out to Sheldon Cooper and Captain Adoma...

As someone else said, it is outside the timeline -- but did anyone notice that Carter was wearing a wedding ring? So he and Allison must have been mairried, not just living together.

#28 Augusta1

Augusta1

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:56 PM

Yep, he was one of the dogs. The lead one. (forgot his name)

his name was Rudy

#29 Augusta1

Augusta1

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:58 PM

As someone else said, it is outside the timeline -- but did anyone notice that Carter was wearing a wedding ring? So he and Allison must have been mairried, not just living together.

Yeah sweet

#30 reelbad

reelbad

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:34 PM

Biggest piece of c r a p I ever did see Now I see why they got canceled At least I can take solace in the fact the write of this episode got fired

#31 CoarseLimely

CoarseLimely

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:50 PM

Seriously? The only joke I really thought was lame was the Fargo "My precious" line to the big red button, who replied "One Button to rule them all." Way too forced and outdated.

#32 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,994 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:18 AM

I challenge you to do better!

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

#33 CoarseLimely

CoarseLimely

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:19 AM

Done. This is one of my favorite gags from a story I'm trying to turn into a web comic:

Coarse climbed the long stairs to the platfom and placed his hands upon the hilt of the mighty sword. Lifting slowly, he pulled it out of its resting place easily. The townsfolk cheered and clapped at his deed, and the young prince laughed out loud. "I did it! I pulled the sword from the stone!"

The lad's friends slapped him on the back and congratulated him.

Coarse gave his new weapon a good look. It was a tad bit rusty, but there was something distinctly familiar about it. "Hey, this sword looks a lot like my dad's. It's even got an inscription on it like his...Amendroxaprine..." The sword's engraving glowed ever so slightly at the sound of its name. "...Well that's different. Now I guess we should go see the mayor about that key."

Later that day, the lord mayor scoffed at their request. "You can't have the key to that tower! Are you crazy? No one who goes in there ever finds their way back out again."

Coarse lifted his new sword up to show the man. "I pulled Amendroxaprine from the stone. It's my destiny to solve the riddle of Elinore Tower," he said resolutely.

The mayor assumed a confused look. "Everyone pulls Amendroxaprine from the stone. It's not like it was
stuck or anything. Didn't anyone tell you? Make sure you put it back before you leave town."

#34 Bakamushi

Bakamushi

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:46 PM

That episode was too agitated, shifty and ironic for young children who like cartoons, and too silly or pointless for adults who like science-fiction.

But certainly graphic designers with LSD addiction and childhood memories from the 70s/80s must have loved it.

Well at least I am happy I was able to fast-forward instead of watching clay characters chasing a giant snowman for so long. And believe me I am an admirer of the original Scooby-Doo and stuff, which made sense in their times. That was not a hommage it was psychedelic delirium, plus for the more sedate parts a self-complacent and slightly underwhelming exercice de style.

#35 easygordon

easygordon

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:35 PM

I enjoy Eureka more than I do Warehouse 13, but in the case of this year's Christmas episodes W13 was the clear winner.

Posted Image
Reviews of SF, Fantasy & Horror books, movies, TV, comics at templetongate.net

#36 Augusta1

Augusta1

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:33 PM

I enjoy Eureka more than I do Warehouse 13, but in the case of this year's Christmas episodes W13 was the clear winner.

I loved the animated Eureka best from the music to the different styles of animation thanks to my DVR I"v watched it a few times and I love it more each time great job guys.

#37 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:54 AM

Well at least I am happy I was able to fast-forward instead of watching clay characters chasing a giant snowman for so long. And believe me I am an admirer of the original Scooby-Doo and stuff, which made sense in their times. That was not a hommage it was psychedelic delirium, plus for the more sedate parts a self-complacent and slightly underwhelming exercice de style.

Made sense in it's time? You do know that Scooby Doo is still being made, and the kids love it just as much as ever.

Really? I'm not a fan of W13, but try to watch their Christmas eps. I lasted the whole thing which makes it much better than last year, but while I found it okay except for Pete's constant over acting, I wouldn't place it above Eureka's special this year.

Edited by Mreen, 12 December 2011 - 11:58 AM.

#38 Blkops

Blkops

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:45 PM

Made sense in it's time? You do know that Scooby Doo is still being made, and the kids love it just as much as ever.

Really? I'm not a fan of W13, but try to watch their Christmas eps. I lasted the whole thing which makes it much better than last year, but while I found it okay except for Pete's constant over acting, I wouldn't place it above Eureka's special this year.

Oh, I sooooo agree with you on the Pete stuff. As time goes on, he's become even more
insufferable to watch. He's trying way too hard. I like the pace of Anthony DiNozzo on
NCIS better...although he too can be annoying. And, Myka's lips weren't so prominent in this
episode. :lol: :lol:

#39 chlee

chlee

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:17 PM

Do You See What I See was absolutely brilliant! I can't believe how much I loved the episode!

#40 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,994 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:26 AM

Yes, 'Do You See What I See' was very well done. Did you notice the many times that line was used in the episode?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users