SyFy Renews HAVEN For Third Season

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:56 AM

They used to be 20-22 eps in seasons. Sometimes 15. The problem is the economy tanked, so stations could afford less. They tried to get shows cheaper by paying for less episodes. The UK has tax funded (license funded is their term) TV, and the longest shows they have is 13 eps seasons, otherwise they do 6 or 8, (Or the new model, with Sherlock, 3). So cable tried out the 13 season, and so far, that's what they're sticking too.

There are some ways to tack on an additional ep or two, and sometimes they do that. We'll see if it sticks. Depends on the economy, and whether cable stations find they really like shorter seasons with their advertisers and audience

Edited by Mreen, 31 January 2012 - 11:43 PM.

#22 Crystabella

Crystabella

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:01 AM

Took them long enough, but I found all the details here: http://patrickmunn.s...-season-a392902

Yeah! A win for the die-hard fans of this fantastic series. Keep the renewals ongoing!

#23 writerruth

writerruth

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:46 PM

Why is it that cable seasons only seem to be 13 episodes long? They did the same with American Horror Story. Why can't they be 24-26 episodes long like the regular stations? /whineSorry, but for my money, Haven and AHS are the two best written shows on TV right now and it annoys me that they have such short seasons. I really like shows that keep me guessing and make me think.

recently we've been lucky for a 'season' to be four episodes

#24 Scarllett

Scarllett

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

It's great to have 13 new episodes to look forward to. EVEN nicer would be if there was a nice complete story arc. Wouldn't it be nice if some TV series were like a book? I guess that would be called a mini-series...

#25 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,529 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

Wouldn't it be nice if some TV series were like a book?

I direct you to The Wire.

#26 Joanne1225

Joanne1225

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:44 AM

Wonderful news! Posted Image As a Stephen King and "Haven" fan, that's great to hear! It seem so long in between shows in today's world that I almost forget about some shows. But I love "Haven," the characters and actors, and look forward to seeing it again... hopefully SOON!

#27 Joanne1225

Joanne1225

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:49 AM

I direct you to The Wire.

I didn't see The Wire, but it sounds as though it would have been very interesting. Instead I was envisioning a story I just watched on Masterpiece Theater, "Downton Abbey," which was more in line with a novel and a new chapter each week. That was excellent!

#28 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,529 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

I didn't see The Wire, but it sounds as though it would have been very interesting. Instead I was envisioning a story I just watched on Masterpiece Theater, "Downton Abbey," which was more in line with a novel and a new chapter each week. That was excellent!

As someone who watches Downton Abbey, I can assure you, The Wire makes it look as superficial as a Ziggy comic strip.

#29 kraftypixie

kraftypixie

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:00 AM

I am so glad they got another season!

#30 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,193 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:30 AM

:)

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#31 kraftypixie

kraftypixie

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:01 PM

Any idea WHEN it is going to premiere?

#32 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,529 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

Any idea WHEN it is going to premiere?

Most likely in the summer, the same as the two previous seasons.

#33 Leoti

Leoti

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

Hooray for a well-written quality show being renewed! Thanks to all involved!

#34 rwalsh001

rwalsh001

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

Is there a date for season 3 yet? I know other nets have set june/july premieres. Can't wait for this to return

#35 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,529 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

The new season of Haven will debut Friday, September 21.

#36 ThaWolf

ThaWolf

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:49 AM

The new season of Haven will debut Friday, September 21.

Aww, I was looking forward to it being back in the summer. Well better late then never! Posted Image

#37 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

Farscape was often referred to as a novel on tv. (DVD & blu-ray now).

#38 bmad01

bmad01

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

Really GLAD to hear that! The 23rd is next Monday! I have not seen any commercials for it tho. Haven is so much better than all those other pointless dribble shows SYFI has on. But then again, I'm not 18yrs old either! HAHA!!

#39 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:46 AM

Just a reminder, it's airing a month from now, :

Craig Engler@Syfy [/url] . @mandymroth @helenkaydimon New episodes of #Haven start airing on Sept. 21 :)

]

Edited by Mreen, 19 August 2012 - 09:46 AM.

#40 eriu1

eriu1

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:01 AM

I'd like to say, I'm so glad to see Haven is making a third season!! Posted Image

Just for the record: After following many sci fi shows from their inception to their bitter end in some cases, Haven is my new fav of all, the Star Trek franchise excepted, of course lol. I've followed several including Eureka, Sanctuary, Alphas, Warehouse 13, Heroes, MisFits, and now Haven. Eureka was awesome for two seasons before they began going out of character and doing those stupid flashback episodes and then flipping all over time back and forth, sideways, in figure eights, you get the idea lol. Sanctuary was great until they had Will do his little Bollywood dance in his pajamas in a marketplace, at which point, I shook my head and realized this isn't going to be pretty. Btw, they too started doing the flashback thingy - soooo boring and the sign of 'we have no ideas'. I did like the cool city at the end, though. Anyway, Alphas is great, but it has lost some of its edge recently and is dragging a bit. Also, the subtle changes in a few of the characters I haven't found to be completely consistent or completely believable.
But, Haven, except for a few picky points, has stayed in character, and any character changes have been portrayed believably and it's obvious they actually pay attention to their previous episodes, unlike practically any other series mentioned here. The three main characters are played by solid actors with depth. The dialogue is consistently good, with few exceptions. There seems to be a long term storyline here (in that it does not have the feel that the powers that be wrote from one episode to the next, as so many other series do), as the characters continue to be fleshed out more and more, and consistently, across the two seasons so far. Great supporting cast. All these things make it a highly enjoyable series. I so hope this continues and that it receives the appreciation it merits. This is truly quality! Such a breath of fresh air.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users