Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Grimm

• Please log in to reply
366 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate This Series (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Waddya think?

1. A (12 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. B (8 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

3. C (7 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. D (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. F (1 votes [3.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 easygordon

easygordon

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

True - and that is often the fate of exes in this type of scenario, esp if it happens right after the secretive hero meets an intriguing female who knows a bit more about his abnormal activities. Within a few eps, he gets dumped by his true love, and she gets tragically mauled. New, edgier girl helps wipe the tears, pick up the pieces, and the next you thing know, he's got a will they/won't they girlfriend to replace his lovely, nice, but voted Most Likely Unable to Deal steady.

Close, but no cigar. The one who is going to come between them is another creature with an agenda all her own.

There is an interview with Bitsie Tulloch (Juliette) on Blastr which I refuse to read since I hate spoilers, but it likely addresses the points I'll make. Either Nick needs to tell her his secret in the next episode, or she needs to start asking some hard questions. The first should be why there are mysterious people out to get him (and her), and the second should be why it was Monroe with him at the tunnel instead of Hank.

Posted Image
Reviews of SF, Fantasy & Horror books, movies, TV, comics at templetongate.net

#142 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,194 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

Close, but no cigar. The one who is going to come between them is another creature with an agenda all her own.

There is an interview with Bitsie Tulloch (Juliette) on Blastr which I refuse to read since I hate spoilers, but it likely addresses the points I'll make. Either Nick needs to tell her his secret in the next episode, or she needs to start asking some hard questions. The first should be why there are mysterious people out to get him (and her), and the second should be why it was Monroe with him at the tunnel instead of Hank.

All valid points.
One other possible scenario is that Juliette may confront Monroe and learn the truth from him instead of from Nick. This may mark the beginning of the end of Nick's and Juliette's relationship.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#143 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

I agree this ep has pushed the 'tell her or not to tell her' too far. Or at least, to it's end.

Basically, Juliette has been pushed to the edge now, and Nick knows it. Telling her will probably push her off it, but frankly if she decides to hang around and he doesn't tell her now, he's pretty much being dishonest about the whole relationship. It's no longer about what her psyche can handle, it's about what he hides to keep her. Telling her there's danger without explaining it's not limited to danger from the human realms of possibility, is not letting her make a fair choice.

Plus, Monroe's seen her in action and I think he's got an idea that this Juliette is no simpering princess, and can handle the new reality. In fact, from the way her face jumped when she looked at his hand at the end there, I thought she could see, for a second, it's paw-like features. But then she took his hand and shook it anyway.

He could well be the source of information if Nick can't handle telling her now. (There's also a part of me that wonders if she knows something already, and she's just waiting for Nick to admit what he is to her. Perhaps instead of being just the smart and savvy vet we know, she's got some distant ancestry in Grimm or Creature side, or something similar. Or even ..., well, at the far end of probabilities, she may be aligned with the Prince of the City Police Captain in some vague never before mentioned way that they intend to throw us for a loop in the future ... but that seems pretty unlikely.)

Edited by Mreen, 11 March 2012 - 03:17 PM.

#144 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,194 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:10 AM

FYI: Tonight, NBC is airing a rerun of the episode 'Let Your Hair Down'.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

#145 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,529 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

Renewed for a second full (22-episode) season.

#146 easygordon

easygordon

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

FYI: Tonight, NBC is airing a rerun of the episode 'Let Your Hair Down'.

I was hoping for a new one tonight since Fringe doesn't return until next week, but I guess they don't think they can compete against March Madness.

I've been on the fence about this show throughout the season. Some episodes have been real good, others disappointing. It will depend on how this season ends that will determine if I watch next year or not.

Posted Image
Reviews of SF, Fantasy & Horror books, movies, TV, comics at templetongate.net

#147 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,194 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

YIPPEEE!!! :)

#148 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

I was actually so sure it was going to be renewed, that I am surprised it wasn't already announced. <g>

#149 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,194 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:13 AM

Tonight is a repeat of the episode 'Of Mouse and Man'.

#150 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,194 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:18 AM

Tonight on Grimm:

Island of Dreams
Nick investigates the robbery of a spice shop, that is owned by wesen, discovering that the thieves were after a dangerous drug.

#151 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,194 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

Tonight on Grimm:

The Thing With Feathers
Nick plans a weekend getaway with Juliette, but his responsibilities get in the way of romance; Monroe and Hank each encounter new relationships.

#152 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

All I can say is, he should have told Juliette last week.

#153 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,194 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

Tonight on Grimm:

Love Sick
Nick and Juliette join Hank for dinner, where Nick discovers Hank's mystery date is none other than Adalind, the same Hexenbiest who tried to kill Aunt Marie. Meanwhile, Captain Renard takes matters into his own hands when a visit from foreign representatives of his royal bloodline threatens his position. Elsewhere, Monroe and Rosalee are called into action when the lives of Hank and Sgt. Wu hang in the balance.

#154 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

Gotta love Sgt Wu.

Again, Nick hasn't told Juliette. But at least we spent more time with Monroe and the shopkeeper, rather than watching Juliette sitting around looking puzzled all the time. Monroe and his hopeful romance makes fun viewing, as does Sgt Wu ... I was thinking last week he was either still having potion troubles, or was a part goat creature <g>

#155 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,062 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

Gotta love Sgt Wu.

Again, Nick hasn't told Juliette. But at least we spent more time with Monroe and the shopkeeper, rather than watching Juliette sitting around looking puzzled all the time. Monroe and his hopeful romance makes fun viewing, as does Sgt Wu ... I was thinking last week he was either still having potion troubles, or was a part goat creature <g>

I don't understand how anyone in good conscience could marry someone while hiding such a huge and dangerous secret. Better to tell her now than let her find out on her own later. Besides, she's a vet and most of them are animals, right? Posted Image

Syfy member since April 1999

#156 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

He's basically setting her up to be killed at this point. At least she has enough sense of self preservation to get a gun, but with no knowledge about what she's up against, she's just as likely to kill one on her side as shoot at a bullet proof other. I'm tired of the wait for her death, and wish the show was more about her (likely unexpected to Nick) ability to deal with what's out there better than Nick did <g>

#157 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,194 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

Tonight on Grimm:

Cat and Mouse
While investigating a string of murders, Nick and Hank learn that their suspect's crime wave began overseas. When Nick discovers the suspect is being harbored by none other than Monroe and Rosalee, he realizes he's hunting the hunted, a freedom fighter trying desperately to escape the clutches of a creature bounty hunter.

#158 foozle

foozle

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 405 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

He could well be the source of information if Nick can't handle telling her now. (There's also a part of me that wonders if she knows something already, and she's just waiting for Nick to admit what he is to her. Perhaps instead of being just the smart and savvy vet we know, she's got some distant ancestry in Grimm or Creature side, or something similar. Or even ..., well, at the far end of probabilities, she may be aligned with the Prince of the City Police Captain in some vague never before mentioned way that they intend to throw us for a loop in the future ... but that seems pretty unlikely.)

I've always wondered if there were more to Juliette than meets the eye. It does seem as though she knows what's going on to some degree, and is just waiting for Nick to tell her. Posted Image

I don't understand how anyone in good conscience could marry someone while hiding such a huge and dangerous secret. Better to tell her now than let her find out on her own later. Besides, she's a vet and most of them are animals, right? Posted Image

It is a pretty interesting profession for the Grimm's girlfriend, isn't it? Posted Image

Even my teenage niece and nephew (16 and 17 yo respectively) have started watching this show, I think they like it almost as much as I do. Posted Image

"Just a little case of mood poisoning...must be something I hate." David Warner, Wild Palms

Some days it's just not worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.

#159 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,194 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

FYI: Syfy will be airing a marathon of Grimm episodes tomorrow night, April 26th:

Apr 26 06:00 PM Grimm Game Ogre
Apr 26 07:00 PM Grimm Organ Grinder
Apr 26 08:00 PM Grimm Tarantella
Apr 26 09:00 PM Grimm Last Grimm Standing
Apr 26 10:00 PM Grimm Three Coins In A Fuchsbau
Apr 26 11:00 PM Grimm Plumed Serpent

#160 Morphogenesis

Morphogenesis

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

Grimm is sci-fi, which is a refreshing change for this channel. But as a series, it is the least of a genre. There have been lots and lots and lots of series about heroes who run up against all kinds of random monsters and vanquish them. Buffy, Charmed, Supernatural, Lost Girl, even Special Unit 2. And what they all have in common is that they have more appealing characters and more striking monsters and a more compelling theory of the supernatural than this Grimm show ever did or ever will. I mean, there's some guy who's a cop who I don't care about, his werewolf bee-atch who I don't care about, going after monsters he magically recognizes that are more or less unrecognizable and usually not very interesting. Contrast the dramatic apocalyptic themes of Supernatural, the sacrifices the brothers make for each other, or the accumulating "tech" involved from angel sigils to burning the bones of demons. Or the cute hip repartee of Buffy's characters. Or the eye candy of Lost Girl. Grimm just has nothing going for it. It was a dumb idea from the start - you recognize some name from a guy who wrote fairy tales. I mean, wow. They make it unaccountably easy for the guy to do what he needs to by making him a COP and not even one who has to sneak around much to get stuff done. Which is BO-RING. They give him a tame werewolf who, under duress, provides leads and never tries to stab him in the back. Contradiction much? The series should be given up - I'm sure any script from it can be recycled in a similar show, and spiced up a whole lot better in whatever context that brings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users