7 replies to this topic

#1 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:43 AM

Missouri Penitentiary. Amy and Adam decide to split up and chase down/corner/add excitement to the investigation. We then cut to behind shots of Amy walking alone and of Adam walking alone.

• Does this mean we have two cameramen following each team around all the time?
  • Or does this mean that they had this planned out in advance so had two cameramen following them only just this once?
  • Or does this mean that they filmed Amy walking by herself and then the cameraman filmed Adam walking by himself and through the miracle of editing made it look like they had split up and were being filmed simultaneously?

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#2 cobbiebean

cobbiebean

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 467 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

Missouri Penitentiary. Amy and Adam decide to split up and chase down/corner/add excitement to the investigation. We then cut to behind shots of Amy walking alone and of Adam walking alone.

• Or does this mean that they had this planned out in advance so had two cameramen following them only just this once?
  • Or does this mean that they filmed Amy walking by herself and then the cameraman filmed Adam walking by himself and through the miracle of editing made it look like they had split up and were being filmed simultaneously?

I saw that too... my vote is the miracle of editing...so many of these shots could have been filmed hours later, then spliced... whatever...

#3 generalragland

generalragland

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

Once again never claim to be a smart guy BUT...

If there were two cameramen, they could have 1 camera on the investigators and the other panning around for the chance of the investigators see something it might also get caught on tape.

It has been my experiance there is only one camera and I have complained (to myself of course) why would they not have a camera to be the eyes of the investigators. THen my answer was that TAPS carries cameras for that very reason... LOL remember that TAPS are the investigators not SCI Fi cameramen

The General

#4 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:30 PM

If there were two cameramen, they could have 1 camera on the investigators and the other panning around for the chance of the investigators see something it might also get caught on tape.

LOL...if you're ready for some circular links, check this out from earlier today where I raised that very same point:

http://forums.syfy.c...dpost&p=6990309

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#5 generalragland

generalragland

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

LOL...if you're ready for some circular links, check this out from earlier today where I raised that very same point:

I feel cool... You seem to be an intelligent young man, so if I echoed your thoughts there you go!!!

The General

#6 Marlow

Marlow

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 478 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:08 PM

YUP!

Problem is .. One or Two, or even Three Cameras.. They AREN'T pointed in the direction
of the Action!..
It Doestn allow us to feel PART of the investigation..

Besides.. i can See it on demand, and can stop Action if i see
something they didnt Catch..

When all they show.. ( WORSE on DT, those head cameras are for the birds)
are Faces, it's just Boring!

BTW Raithe,
I have some interesting view from the show 'Survivor'..
from this last week
At 5 min. into the show.. on 'Redemption Island'..
Christine is talking to Ozzie on camera that is Night vision..
Behind her is a perfectly obvious Man Facing the other way,
with a hat on.. He's Huge..
For about 5 seconds he is in frame over her left shoulder,
then when they Cut away.. he's not there..

Really interesting stuff..
Are you able to go see what i saw?
Would love to get some elses comments on some
Figure facing away.. with no reason to be in the shot.

TIA,
Marlow

#7 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:20 PM

When all they show.. ( WORSE on DT, those head cameras are for the birds)
are Faces, it's just Boring!

If it weren't faces, it would be just nothing, which would really have people complaining about boring lol How many times has Amy (or someone else) said something like, well, let's hope we got it on camera, we had one pointing that way...and in analysis...NOTHING. You'd think they'd learn after THAT many failed attempts. Cover a room from all angles when you go into it. That way no matter where something happens it will be in frame...course, I can see why they wouldn't want to do that.

I don't watch Survivor and don't think I have access to it, if you can point to a clip or segment perhaps on youtube I'll be glad to take a look at it.

#8 Marlow

Marlow

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 478 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:24 PM

If it weren't faces, it would be just nothing, which would really have people complaining about boring lol How many times has Amy (or someone else) said something like, well, let's hope we got it on camera, we had one pointing that way...and in analysis...NOTHING. You'd think they'd learn after THAT many failed attempts. Cover a room from all angles when you go into it. That way no matter where something happens it will be in frame...course, I can see why they wouldn't want to do that.

I don't watch Survivor and don't think I have access to it, if you can point to a clip or segment perhaps on youtube I'll be glad to take a look at it.

When you really try and opine on the camera Faults... it gets a bit chaotic, huh?
But it really is a lot simpler than they are making it..
It's wouldnt be boring if they edited it right too...
And We Would have more shots of what they got to see...
It should be .. All IN, or all Out... this stuff is stuck in the middle!

And no, i just tried to find it on you tube..
It's on my Cable 'Demand'.. so i can bring it up
here...
if you have 'Demand' or a friend does..
it's there..

Have a Great evening...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users