• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Shivaragrrl

Shivaragrrl

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

I would like to see a compilation of the best evidence of ghosts found on Ghost Hunters. Where can I find it?

#2 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

I would like to see a compilation of the best evidence of ghosts found on Ghost Hunters. Where can I find it?

Do a youtube search for your terms. Where you go from there all depends upon whether or not you employ critical thinking. One of the first videos you'll find has, as it's first segment, the infamous Manson episode which has admitted problems...admitted by Grant, no less.

http://www.youtube.c...t evidence&aq=f

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#3 RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:17 AM

The rest of the world is still waiting for them to get evidence.
Posted Image
Pull Grant's collar for the PICT website.

#4 tipihome

tipihome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:35 PM

the guys have put together atleast one special that had thier favorite investigations on it, if that is along the lines of what you seek.

native2.gif

#5 bhwnc

bhwnc

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:44 PM

In their book, they have a TON more evidence! They've seen demons, apparitions that walked around for what sounded like hours, etc. None of which was ever caught on film though.

#6 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:47 PM

In their book, they have a TON more evidence! They've seen demons, apparitions that walked around for what sounded like hours, etc. None of which was ever caught on film though.

Man they just can't catch a break...really says a lot about investigative technique and the ability to learn from past "non-successes" (trying to keep a positive spin on it)

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#7 Marlow

Marlow

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 478 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

Do a youtube search for your terms. Where you go from there all depends upon whether or not you employ critical thinking. One of the first videos you'll find has, as it's first segment, the infamous Manson episode which has admitted problems...admitted by Grant, no less.

http://www.youtube.c...t evidence&aq=f

allow me to Bump your link....

#8 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:44 PM

the guys have put together atleast one special that had thier favorite investigations on it, if that is along the lines of what you seek.

Ghost Hunters Top 20, I believe: http://www.skeptical...hunters-top-20/

The "Dude Run" scene made it into the list, so their favorite pieces of footage don't necessarily mean favorite or best evidence, but several listed are worth looking at. And looking at in detail beyond just "whoa cool!"

#9 tipihome

tipihome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:01 PM

I realized that, I was rather hoping they would return and clarify.

native2.gif

#10 MD070

MD070

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:08 PM

Is this book able to be located in the Fiction or non-fiction section?

#11 nightfly44

nightfly44

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:01 AM

Sadly, none of that is 'evidence'. It's an experience. Nothing more. In order to confirm any of their 'evidence' you would have to set up a scientific method based investigation, where you have multiple camera viewpoints on every spot, as well as some way to prove that there is no outside contamination of the scene under investigation, such as with multiple camera angle, continuous video with some sort of date stamp (front page of a newspaper at the beginning of the video clip would do) and continuous taping (which would also get very expensive). GH will never do this. It would take more staff and lots more equipment; besides, the show WANTS to give the audience 'evidence' of ghosts. That alone disqualifies them from being objective observers and data collectors. For a real documentary show, you'd need people who are real skeptics of everything that can't be proven. All the 'personal experiences' aren't worth a dime. Sorry, GH. Nice shows, but most of your evidence wouldn't be accepted by a scientist. Then again, perhaps some would.

#12 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:09 AM

Is there such a thing as a perfect environment setup to there's absolutely no outside contamination? Even if there was such a thing and you caught something on camera, people who yell technical glitch.

#13 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:36 AM

Sorry for the DP.

Stumble on that video. It's kinda grainy but though it was interesting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users