67 replies to this topic

#41 CylonRomeo

CylonRomeo

Returnee

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:53 AM

I just now thanked the Lords of Kobol for restraint because I was about to post here.

Thanks, Lords!

BSG Died So Sharktopus Could Live

enter the rabbit hole www.MatrixMythology.com

#42 CylonRomeo

CylonRomeo

Returnee

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:56 AM

I just prayed to the Lords of Kobol for restraint because I was JUST about to fly my viper into this mandala cloud vortex of doom.

Thanks, Lords!

BSG Died So Sharktopus Could Live

enter the rabbit hole www.MatrixMythology.com

#43 yongjin02

yongjin02

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:03 AM

so, uh... when is B&C coming out?Posted Image

#44 JustSaying

JustSaying

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:18 PM

so, uh... when is B&C coming out?Posted Image

Seems like a decision will be made February next year. July 27th is the beginning of the Summer Olympics and I think Syfy will be broadcasting that along with the other NBC networks. So my guess is between March to June and sometime before summer break.

#45 yongjin02

yongjin02

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:08 PM

Seems like a decision will be made February next year. July 27th is the beginning of the Summer Olympics and I think Syfy will be broadcasting that along with the other NBC networks. So my guess is between March to June and sometime before summer break.

will that be a decision as to when to air the show or a decision on if it will be aired at all?Posted Image
thx

#46 B5er

B5er

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:24 PM

will that be a decision as to when to air the show or a decision on if it will be aired at all?Posted Image
thx

Yes.
They will decide:
1. Where will it air (Web, SyFy Channel, Direct to DVD)
2. When will it be released
3. Will it be a one shot, or will it be the first episode of a series

#47 Olive

Olive

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 479 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:32 AM

According to IMDB, the first episode should air in February.

#48 yongjin02

yongjin02

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:27 AM

thx for the info
hope it all 'plays out'Posted Image

#49 RSinPhilly2012

RSinPhilly2012

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

Whatever your thoughts about science, evolution, and the laws of physics, the point remains that BG was a DRAMATIC work of art. It was designed, not to illustrate deep technical truths about the world, but to entertain a large group of people.

Most people require emotional content in their art - something to connect to, feel strongly about. Family stories, love stories, etc etc ... A lot of people (regardless of whether they're right or wrong) have spiritual beliefs, and feel passionately about them. If your goal is to tell a story that people WANT to watch - it makes sense to include such themes in a work of art, particularly if you can discuss them in a way that isn't tired or trite - which is what BG did.

Technical themes and scientific story-lines will only take a story so far. "Look at the cool robots!" "Wow, that spaceship's movements accurately reflect inertial principles!" To tell a story that a large audience would want to see, you need more. Love, hate, family, murder, sex, and yes, God, Gods, or Zoey. This is a human truth as old as Shakespeare.

#50 Sincraft

Sincraft

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:10 PM

I Want to rip my eyes out for having to read through this muck in hopes to find an answer to the question : WHEN IS THIS COMING OUT!

#51 AllIveEverTouched

AllIveEverTouched

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

I Want to rip my eyes out for having to read through this muck in hopes to find an answer to the question : WHEN IS THIS COMING OUT!

Check back in a year.

#52 JohnCobbAlbany

JohnCobbAlbany

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:23 AM

GOOD NEWS - - - Bear just completed music...

The NBC/Wrestling Team must have something going on with B&C - let's hope for the best...

#53 yongjin02

yongjin02

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

GOOD NEWS - - - Bear just completed music...

The NBC/Wrestling Team must have something going on with B&C - let's hope for the best...

they should incorporate wrestling into the ship's crew activities..that would be one way to get more viewers.

hey if putting some populist stuff into the show can help keep it on i'll deal with--the wrestling scene would make a good bathroom break...

Now they just need to work the NASCAR anglePosted Image

#54 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,510 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

According to the IMDB, Blood and Chrome will be released in March 2013.

Source: http://www.imdb.com/...706/releaseinfo

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#55 graybrew1

graybrew1

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

I don't trust IMDB. They have been wrong too many times before.

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria."

-Benjamin Franklin

#56 Annoyed58

Annoyed58

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

they should incorporate wrestling into the ship's crew activities..that would be one way to get more viewers.

They already tried that with the Galactica episode "Unfinished Business"
--
"It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion." - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor

"Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all." - Former Borg Seven of Nine

#57 Annoyed58

Annoyed58

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

That is an obscenely long time for a show to be in production. What, are they only letting them work on it during their potty breaks?

Unless they think the Galactica franchise needs a rest period. Which I sorely doubt. More likely, their fans will forget about it.
--
"It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion." - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor

"Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all." - Former Borg Seven of Nine

#58 yongjin02

yongjin02

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

They already tried that with the Galactica episode "Unfinished Business"

of course i was just being sarcastic.... wrestling or mma would bring in far more incidental viewers than boxing though. then some car racing, beer, pork rinds and maybe the show will stay on...of course none of these mundane viewers would "get" the premise of the show, oh well

#59 graybrew1

graybrew1

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

of course i was just being sarcastic.... wrestling or mma would bring in far more incidental viewers than boxing though. then some car racing, beer, pork rinds and maybe the show will stay on...of course none of these mundane viewers would "get" the premise of the show, oh well

While I don't like Wrestling either. I don't consider the fans of it to be lower intelligence because they watch it. One of our good mutual friends is an example of a very intelligent fellow poster and Scifi lover that also loves WWE. GF is that good bud of which I speak. Posted Image

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria."

-Benjamin Franklin

#60 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,510 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

That is an obscenely long time for a show to be in production. What, are they only letting them work on it during their potty breaks?

Unless they think the Galactica franchise needs a rest period. Which I sorely doubt. More likely, their fans will forget about it.

Maybe they're working on it only on weekends. :P

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users