• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 KH9546

KH9546

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:42 AM

I have followed this show since it premiered. While the subject matter is interesting, the writing is painful to the ears. One has to wonder if the group ever actually watches the show.

#2 Rhuen1

Rhuen1

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:23 PM

Its doubtful the cast members edit the show or watch their own performances. If they did they might realize how contrived the opening sketches are.
The Fantasy/Sci-fi novel series begins, join Hollia and Rhulan as dark forces converge on Stratalia
Secrets of Aesperia book 1: Stratalia Conspiracy.
now available at Leanpub.

#3 ettee

ettee

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:57 PM

I have followed this show since it premiered. While the subject matter is interesting, the writing is painful to the ears. One has to wonder if the group ever actually watches the show.

I came on the message board just to see if anyone elsewas discussing how contrive the dialog is on this show. with such interestingsubject matter it is so hard to watch with the so obvious scripted conversations

#4 ybmagpye

ybmagpye

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:51 PM

HAHAHAHA! I totally agree with you on this. Anyone who spends any time on YouTube watching spooky stuff cannot help but get extraordinarily blasee about it pretty quickly. The Fact or Faked crew respond to the videos like some 10o year old shut in who never saw a video in his or her life. Laughter would be a more normal response, not the "OH MY GAWD DID YOU SEE THAT!" nonsense. I wish TV producers would give their audiences 2 cents worth of credit. Do they really think watching this bunch of tv personalities with more good looks than tech skill (Yes, more looks than skill) looking all shocked and surprised is doing anything to add to credibility? Come on. Watchers deserve a break.

#5 AJ4Bama

AJ4Bama

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

I 100% agree. The scripted dialog is so obvious and the most painful thing for me is the God-awful stupid countdown. They don't need the countdown with 99 out of 100 experiments.

#6 MD070

MD070

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

I 100% agree. The scripted dialog is so obvious and the most painful thing for me is the God-awful stupid countdown. They don't need the countdown with 99 out of 100 experiments.

That and the bias results based on recreations that are only half-assed at best.

#7 jimmyjoejimbobb

jimmyjoejimbobb

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

Better be careful. Next season the show is going to add to the format.

At the beginning, when they are screening the videos, it's rumored the dialog will be "I'm going to show you a video in 3...2...1...GO" because the producers think the countdown is so popular.

#8 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

Better be careful. Next season the show is going to add to the format.

At the beginning, when they are screening the videos, it's rumored the dialog will be "I'm going to show you a video in 3...2...1...GO" because the producers think the countdown is so popular.

Posted Image

Followed by Jael reacting with "Opening my mouth in fake surprise in 3 - 2 - 1...[sharp intake of air and wide open mouth and eyes]" and
Bill: "Pointing out missing pixel from clear across the room in 3 - 2 - 1 'It's CGI, see here'"

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#9 Schmitty

Schmitty

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

According to the schedule, syfy is moving the show to tuesday nights with "The Grim Sleeper/the Real Mr. Freeze" and "Bay Area Hysteria/jersey Shore Haunting" airing on the 17th and 24th.

Mr. Freeze???

#10 Chihaya

Chihaya

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

The show's only purpose is to let us discuss how stupid their conversations, methods and conclusions are. So, it's achieving it's goal very nicely.

#11 MD070

MD070

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

IDK,,...I haven't watched an episode since season 3.. Apparently I didn't miss anything with the new season either,..sameol', same ol', it appears.

#12 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

IDK,,...I haven't watched an episode since season 3.. Apparently I didn't miss anything with the new season either,..sameol', same ol', it appears.

That's not quite true. You missed...well, you missed when they...hmmmm, well there was the time when they...I'm pretty sure they...okay, maybe you DIDN'T miss anything! lol Oh, wait, there WAS one time when they...no, that was Mythbusters. Alright, I'm out.

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#13 jimmyjoejimbobb

jimmyjoejimbobb

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

Sorry MD.

No Jael as a mermaid or in a wetsuit this last season.

#14 Bobbymouse

Bobbymouse

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

Awww, too bad everyone is knocking this show. There are quite a few of these videos on the show that we have never seen before...we don't really haunt youtube but we just may check it out. I like this show. I'm kinda of tired of the same old reality shows, housewives of whereever, amazing race, and the song and dance shows (with the exceptions of the auditions which are always good for a chuckle!!!)
What is junk for some is treasure for others. We find this show very enteraining!
:) Bobby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users