146 replies to this topic

#1 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

Since the new January schedule is up and DT is nowhere on it, it is safe to say it's not coming back then. Why is Syfy dragging their feet when it comes to this show? They already filmed the episodes, just air them already. It's weird. They already have some shows like GHI set for Feb so it's not like they haven't planned that far ahead. Perhaps they are waiting until early spring when it usually airs?

#2 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:41 PM

Since the new January schedule is up and DT is nowhere on it, it is safe to say it's not coming back then. Why is Syfy dragging their feet when it comes to this show? They already filmed the episodes, just air them already. It's weird. They already have some shows like GHI set for Feb so it's not like they haven't planned that far ahead. Perhaps they are waiting until early spring when it usually airs?

The last two years, at least, DT hasn't started until March...Masada/Leprechaun episode and then the Live Banshee Episode...both starting on 17 March.

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#3 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:53 PM

True, that's probably what they're going to do. First they said it would come back in October 2011, then they pushed it to January 2012 and then they just started saying "early 2012" which is really vague. If it does come back in March it will have been off the air for a year.

#4 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:07 PM

True, that's probably what they're going to do. First they said it would come back in October 2011, then they pushed it to January 2012 and then they just started saying "early 2012" which is really vague. If it does come back in March it will have been off the air for a year.

No, not a year...the season started on 17 March of 2011, Ghosts of Antarctica aired on 19 April so we would have to get most of the way through April before it would be off the air for a year. With the exception of the first season (which, well, was the first season so not established) this was the first season which did not have a Fall set of episodes.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#5 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:22 PM

For some reason I knew you were going to say that. Ok, If it starts up in March it will have been "about" 11 months, give or take a few days or so....my point is it hasn't been on in a really long time.

#6 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:12 PM

11 months or a year... is still a long time.

Anyone else think the ratings will be disastrous?

#7 tipihome

tipihome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:41 PM

I really do not like how they do the seasons on most shows... The super long breaks the splitting up of seasons...
Is there a reason they left the old way with the November sweeps?

native2.gif

#8 Rhuen1

Rhuen1

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

I don't like how SyFy does its shows, this mid-season break/show rotation, basically shows stop mid-season, during the break another show takes its spot with new episodes, until its mid-season break, then the other show comes back. Its this odd (braided airings) approach to accomodate their longer lasting shows and new shows. Problem is sometimes a show gets cancelled so you don't realize it till later.

I was expecting Destination Truth to come back around the same time Sanctuary did, but it didn't so I thought it had been cancelled and replaced by its poorman version/mutant spawn with Myth Busters *Fact or Faked Paranormal Files* which doesn't even have the same entertainment value as Destination Truth.

I'd honestly watch DT do their clearly set up camera daramatizations *like get in the Jeep, the lions might get you...uh...and the camera man standing fifty feet away on the ground?* and watch Josh jump about when he sees spiders and snakes before commercial breaks than Fact of Faked's countdowns with bad music before the commercial break.

a countdown set up for the cut-away is like something you'd see from a tv show in the 50's and 60's (or 70's if you want to include the spy/detective genre overusing the bomb countdown). Its just terrible.
The Fantasy/Sci-fi novel series begins, join Hollia and Rhulan as dark forces converge on Stratalia
Secrets of Aesperia book 1: Stratalia Conspiracy.
now available at Leanpub.

#9 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

Ryder just tweeted the other day: "Truthies I fear the promised Jan air date may not have been correct after all. Doing what I do best & searching for the truth. To be cont."

Duh! Did she just figure that out?

#10 sweetsherry08

sweetsherry08

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:38 PM

Ryder just tweeted the other day: "Truthies I fear the promised Jan air date may not have been correct after all. Doing what I do best & searching for the truth. To be cont."

Duh! Did she just figure that out?

OMG!! I am really in need of a DT fix!! I was hoping the new season was about to start. My DVD's are nearly worn out! Please guys...bring the show back. We're missing ya!

#11 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:46 AM

So syfy announced that new episodes of Fact or Faked will be airing in the spring but still no word on DT. They're obviously already planning their spring season so why no DT? I really don't get the point of filming new episodes but not airing them. Ryder and other people on the show are already off working on new projects. It doesn't look good for DT.

#12 erob12

erob12

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:36 PM

DT has always been one of my favorite all time syfy shows I hope they bring it back in the spring.

#13 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:15 AM

I tweeted Josh moments ago and will let you know if new info comes up.

#14 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

Josh won't know anything. They don't tell the cast anything and if they do it's misinformation like when they told Ryder the show is coming back in January. He's probably just as confused as we are.

#15 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:41 AM

It's worth trying. Costs me 1 minute of my time.

#16 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

Yeah, guess you're right. Can't hurt to ask.

#17 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:24 PM

But you were right. in a Q&A Josh just said he didn't know when it would premiere. Said to ask syfy repeatedly.

#18 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:00 PM

But you were right. in a Q&A Josh just said he didn't know when it would premiere. Said to ask syfy repeatedly.

Posted Image That doesn't bode well. Was worth a shot anyway. The Live Episode from Ireland last year (the season premiere on 17 Mar 2011) was already announced by the second week of December of 2010.

Just saw this petition:

http://www.change.or...ason-5-air-date

Wikipedia page for DT (for what its worth) has a 22 Mar 2012 date for the first episode, title TBA. (you have to look really fast today when the page comes up because it very quickly goes to the "black out")

#19 tipihome

tipihome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

It also couldn't hurt to email SyFy at on of the Feedback Emails
The more you keep a show on their minds the more likely it is to come back.

native2.gif

#20 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

Bummer. It's one thing not to let the fans know what's going on but to leave the cast sitting around waiting to find out if they still have a job is kinda cold. I guess that's television though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users