• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#41 drankin

drankin

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

I am suffering DT's! Seriously. I totally enjoy this show. To me its like a travel channel show gone good! I look forward to each new episode regardless of the outcome. I dont have expectations, you dont have to find evidence...Just make me laugh and keep looking around the corners. Hey...sometimes I think...maybe these guys are going to discover something! I dont think Josh really expects too but he is good guy and I like his crew and thats "A Okay" I get it! Its a great adventure that I wish I was on, instead of working 9-5 and thats enough to keep me interested. Keep it up and thanks for the good times!

#42 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

Josh just tweeted this:

"Just left Syfy HQ. Guess what? DT FINALLY HAS AN AIR DATE!!!! I can't announce it yet, but know this: IT EXISTS!"

Don't know why he can't announce it yet. Weird.

#43 tipihome

tipihome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

maybe it has to be made officially first?

or maybe he is just being cheery?

native2.gif

#44 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

I'm getting the sneaky suspicion that the air date may not be real, much like the promised air date of January, and that Syfy is just trying to get Josh and his fans to shut up about it. @Syfy gets harassed on twitter about it ever day, especially by @DTonSyfyFans, and Josh is usually the one instigating it by telling people to tweet Syfy daily.

I could be totally wrong though. Guess we'll see.

@DTonSyfyFans thinks it might be March but I doubt that as they already have a schedule for that month and it's not on there.

#45 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

@DTonSyfyFans thinks it might be March but I doubt that as they already have a schedule for that month and it's not on there.

I doubt that as well. You'd think the network would see that fans want to see it come back, who knows, maybe they are holding off trying to "build things up"

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#46 JS956

JS956

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

Ryder's recent tweet makes it sound like Josh doesn't even know what the date is himself. Sounds like they only told him there was a date. Hmmm:

"OK truthies, Josh just got word that an #DestinationTruth Season 5 air date has finally been chosen!! Once the big reveal is made we'll spill the beans! (green beans, green beans, green beans!)

#47 Rhuen1

Rhuen1

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:38 AM

I see no reason to build hype unless they actually found something and are keeping a lid on it till the show airs.

Otherwise you're just building up expectations for another (here's a story, here's us looking around the local color like a travel show, and now here's us wandering around the woods at night freaking out so as to set up cut-aways, oh my god, holy sh*t, stop stop stop, don't move,...oh wait its not a three headed hell hound ghost with tentacles that speaks with the voice of B. Arthur, its a tiny spider.)
The Fantasy/Sci-fi novel series begins, join Hollia and Rhulan as dark forces converge on Stratalia
Secrets of Aesperia book 1: Stratalia Conspiracy.
now available at Leanpub.

#48 BenderJim

BenderJim

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

I see no reason to build hype unless they actually found something and are keeping a lid on it till the show airs.

Otherwise you're just building up expectations for another (here's a story, here's us looking around the local color like a travel show, and now here's us wandering around the woods at night freaking out so as to set up cut-aways, oh my god, holy sh*t, stop stop stop, don't move,...oh wait its not a three headed hell hound ghost with tentacles that speaks with the voice of B. Arthur, its a tiny spider.)

well....that is kinda all the show is, along with bring adventure, humor, monsters/legends unknown to a lot of people.

You broke it it down to what it basically is, I tried to show the fun side of it, and that is how I see it, a fun show. :-)

#49 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

I told Josh that 2056 as an air date didn't count.

I also believe the date doesn't exist. It's like throwing a bone to a dog that keeps bugging you.

#50 BenderJim

BenderJim

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

I told Josh that 2056 as an air date didn't count.

I also believe the date doesn't exist. It's like throwing a bone to a dog that keeps bugging you.

haha! 2056, too funny !

I hope they aren`t just throwing a bone, that never comes, cause I would like to see the show come back.

#51 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

On a marketing point of view the whole "we got a date but we're not gonna tell you yet" doesn't make any sense.

"We're not gonna tell you because we have no idea when it'll air yet" does make sense.

I'm thinking they have a tentative date but it's not set in stone; ultimately meaning they don't have date.

#52 BenderJim

BenderJim

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:23 PM

On a marketing point of view the whole "we got a date but we're not gonna tell you yet" doesn't make any sense.

"We're not gonna tell you because we have no idea when it'll air yet" does make sense.

I'm thinking they have a tentative date but it's not set in stone; ultimately meaning they don't have date.

I took a look at their page, and all it says is coming back 2012.

So it should be back sometime, if nothing bad happens I guess, sometimes shows get canceled before they make it back.

#53 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:34 PM

I took a look at their page, and all it says is coming back 2012.

So it should be back sometime, if nothing bad happens I guess, sometimes shows get canceled before they make it back.

The 2012 date is from months ago so nothing has been updated for quite some time. The show was faltering the end of last "Season" as far as ratings are concerned although I'd opt for watching DT over probably pretty much anything else on the channel.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#54 BenderJim

BenderJim

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

The 2012 date is from months ago so nothing has been updated for quite some time. The show was faltering the end of last "Season" as far as ratings are concerned although I'd opt for watching DT over probably pretty much anything else on the channel.

Well ***** ! I hope it hasn`t faltered to much, cause I do want to see it back, it is a fun show.

Another show I like is Monsterquest, it`s on a different channel, so mentioning it here may be a no no, but it is fun too.

#55 MoeGreene

MoeGreene

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 428 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

It has been a long time since DT has actually filmed episodes. Although Josh may be thinking that Syfy giving him the info that DT will be shown was good news, it really does not bode well for DT. The news he should have been looking for was that DT will continue as a show and that new episodes will start filming at such and such a time. After these final episodes air, they will be the last as the show will be canceled. I dont see DT having a huge upswing in viewers. If Syfy thought any different than that, they would have handled this show differently.

Josh did have his book to work on over the last year, but I cant imagine he and his crew can sit around much longer with out making other commitments to other projects or jobs. I will enjoy these last few episodes. I hope another channel picks up the show like AP or The Travel channel. It could be successful if the show was handled right which is something Syfy does not care to do anymore.

#56 BenderJim

BenderJim

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

****= c r a p

#57 BenderJim

BenderJim

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

It has been a long time since DT has actually filmed episodes. Although Josh may be thinking that Syfy giving him the info that DT will be shown was good news, it really does not bode well for DT. The news he should have been looking for was that DT will continue as a show and that new episodes will start filming at such and such a time. After these final episodes air, they will be the last as the show will be canceled. I dont see DT having a huge upswing in viewers. If Syfy thought any different than that, they would have handled this show differently.

Josh did have his book to work on over the last year, but I cant imagine he and his crew can sit around much longer with out making other commitments to other projects or jobs. I will enjoy these last few episodes. I hope another channel picks up the show like AP or The Travel channel. It could be successful if the show was handled right which is something Syfy does not care to do anymore.

hmmm..............none of that sounds good for the show to carrying on, and thats too bad.

Thanks for the info Moe :-)

#58 Deepvoid

Deepvoid

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

Maybe Travel Channel could in fact pick up the show. Would be a good idea.

#59 BenderJim

BenderJim

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

It would fit too, cause they travel like sh it on every show.

#60 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

Travel Channel would be a good choice. We were discussing this a few years back even and thought that there were other places it might fit better...Travel Channel was one suggestion as was Discovery or even Animal Planet! Jeremy seems to be doing a pretty good job of it on that channel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users