239 replies to this topic

#201 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,528 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

are they comming out with a sequel, really, humm i wonder if they are going cause a paradox by stopping romulus from being destroyed, thus preventing this whole alternate time line, you would think that spock would have thought of that.....or maybe spock tried to do that and in his attempt to prevent the star from exploding he caused it to explode ahead of time and create the whole alternate time line..... :blink: :unsure: :blink: :P :lol: :lol:

:blink:

:lol:

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#202 sperminator

sperminator

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

are they comming out with a sequel, really, humm i wonder if they are going cause a paradox by stopping romulus from being destroyed, thus preventing this whole alternate time line, you would think that spock would have thought of that.....or maybe spock tried to do that and in his attempt to prevent the star from exploding he caused it to explode ahead of time and create the whole alternate time line..... Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

spock has about 100 years or so to stop the star from exploding, or if the star explosion cant be stopped, warn the romuluns to evacuate Romulus before the star explodes.
Posted Image

#203 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,528 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

spock has about 100 years or so to stop the star from exploding, or if the star explosion cant be stopped, warn the romuluns to evacuate Romulus before the star explodes.

Excellent point! He can do what Nero failed to do and at the same time strengthen diplomatic ties between the Federation and the Romulan Star Empire. He can also warn them about Nero, stop him from travelling into the post, then we'd get the original timeline (and canon) back.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

#204 Bandit82ABN2

Bandit82ABN2

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

Someone tried this on another forum (TrekMovie's Feedback section I think a couple of years ago) and it doesn't show what you think it does. You may as well say a kid at a Lemonade stand is "more profitable" simply because he or she made 10x the amount of their budget (easy to do on a lower budget.) However, look at your numbers. "Star Trek" still made $235 Million Profit (and actually that's not even accurate, given that the film did $100 Million+ in DVD sales as well, BluRay sales not included.) No other Trek film did. That's what the studio cares about.

I see. Well you ignored the facts then, as you are now, so...

$300 Million + indeed, very little indeed compared to the gigantic numbers the previous Treks brought in.

Quite true, and a valid point.

You hoped at least. But alas...

Actually, I hoped you were not a troll, but alas...

Because Paramount was under new guard who actually believed in the production team behind Star Trek, unlike previous guards and previous production teams. But you're right, the $250 Million Plus (DVD sales, etc.) is a drop in the bucket compared to The Wrath of Khan's profits of less than $100 Million from your numbers.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Not a rumor, bigger budget according to Robert Orci. Paramount doesn't see it as a huge risk.

Your opinion, not a fact, unless you can provide a link. See above.

Bandit
Posted Image

#205 Bandit82ABN2

Bandit82ABN2

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

What was your old screen name? Maybe we know you. BTW, good luck in getting that issue fixed.

Did you seriously expect an answer?

Respectfully,
Bandit
Posted Image

#206 Bandit82ABN2

Bandit82ABN2

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

Paramount is taking a big gamble with a $150m price tag. If this film fails to bring in enough gold-pressed latinum, then there may not be a third (13th?) movie.

Look again on the data I posted.

Insurrection- $58m/$112m-- 1+ times the cost
Nemesis- $60m/$67m-- Less than the cost
Star Trek- $150m/$385m-- 2+ times the cost

Clearly, Star Trek was more successful and profitable, than the previous two movies combined.

However, look at the ticket sales. Currently, Star Trek is where it was 30 years ago. 50 million plus tickets (Motion Picture). But the sequel to that movie (Wrath of Khan), lost 24 million viewers. But Paramount also cut the budget by 75%!

Here, that isn't happening.

Respectfully,
Bandit
Posted Image

#207 DTJ1987

DTJ1987

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:14 AM

I see. Well you ignored the facts then, as you are now, so...

All you said was that the films made back X times the amount of its budget. When almost all of the films had much smaller budgets that's easier to do as long as a certain amount of people buy tickets. With that said, they still didn't have the the profits of the new film.

Actually, I hoped you were not a troll, but alas...

I think (or hope) the moderator(s) would agree that if my intention was to "troll" there would be far more obvious ways to do it, such as labeling people, name calling, etc. and that is it.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

What can you refute in what I said about why Paramount gave Bad Robot so much money to play with for the new film?

Not a rumor, bigger budget according to Robert Orci. Paramount doesn't see it as a huge risk.

Your opinion, not a fact, unless you can provide a link. See above.

Orci comments on the bigger budget:
http://trekmovie.com...lm-engine-room/

WickedYoungMan, but I don't want that name anymore anyway.

#208 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,528 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:05 AM

Respectfully,
Bandit

Yes, and apparently I got one. :)

WickedYoungMan, but I don't want that name anymore anyway.

This screen name does seem vaguely familiar, so I'm sure I've seen it around.

#209 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,528 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

It's going to be Khan: http://blastr.com/20...dict-cumber.php

:(

#210 Bandit82ABN2

Bandit82ABN2

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

:(

In name anyway.

Respectfully,
Bandit
Posted Image

#211 sperminator

sperminator

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

he looks nothing like khan. even captain kirk is upset about this.

Posted Image

;)
Posted Image

#212 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,528 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:14 PM

Posted Image

he looks nothing like khan. even captain kirk is upset about this.

Posted Image

;)

As evident by his yell: "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN???"

So what happens? Does the Enterprise or some other ship come across the Botany Bay and re-awaken Khan and company?

#213 sperminator

sperminator

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

As evident by his yell: "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN???"

So what happens? Does the Enterprise or some other ship come across the Botany Bay and re-awaken Khan and company?

yep, that's what the pic ment.Posted Image with the past being changed, anything is possible.
Posted Image

#214 Bandit82ABN2

Bandit82ABN2

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:35 AM

That's why my post, "In name anyway".

The article you posted stated they were NOT going to rehash "Space Seed". I take that to mean no Eugenics war and no SS Botany Bay. So who Khan is, and how he crosses paths with Kirk will be "reimagined". :unsure:

Respectfully,
Bandit
Posted Image

#215 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,528 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

That's why my post, "In name anyway".

The article you posted stated they were NOT going to rehash "Space Seed". I take that to mean no Eugenics war and no SS Botany Bay. So who Khan is, and how he crosses paths with Kirk will be "reimagined". :unsure:

Respectfully,
Bandit

JJ said that the events prior to Nero's appearance are unchanged, in fact he specifically sited cited the events in Star Trek: Enterprise. That being the case (though I don't trust JJ to not change anything else), I'm sure he'll include a reference to the Eugenics War and the SS Botany Bay. As for the wreckage in the photos, that had better not be the SS Botany Bay. It's the wrong color!

#216 Bandit82ABN2

Bandit82ABN2

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

JJ said that the events prior to Nero's appearance are unchanged, in fact he specifically sited the events in Star Trek: Enterprise. That being the case (though I don't trust JJ to not change anything else), I'm sure he'll include a reference to the Eugenics War and the SS Botany Bay. As for the wreckage in the photos, that had better not be the SS Botany Bay. It's the wrong color!

Sorry, but he absolutely did change events prior to Nero. We already cited clear examples of it in this thread. That being said, guess you'll have to wait and see.

Respectfully,
Bandit
Posted Image

#217 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,528 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

Sorry, but he absolutely did change events prior to Nero. We already cited clear examples of it in this thread. That being said, guess you'll have to wait and see.

Respectfully,
Bandit

Hence the expression, "Star Trek In Name Only".

BTW, I misspelled 'cite' as 'site'. My post has been corrected.

#218 sperminator

sperminator

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

Hence the expression, "Star Trek In Name Only".

BTW, I misspelled 'cite' as 'site'. My post has been corrected.

not to worry, no one 'sight'ed the mistake.;)
Posted Image

#219 sperminator

sperminator

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

I was hoping that star trek 2 would have a unique storyline rather than rebooting/recycling an old storyline.:(
Posted Image

#220 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,528 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

I was hoping that star trek 2 would have a unique storyline rather than rebooting/recycling an old storyline.:(

I hear ya.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users