#1 squall28

squall28

Forum Moderator

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,466 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

Hey Everyone,

I'd figure with the winter upon us it might be cool to re-watch some older eps of Warehouse13. I recently purchased Season one and two, and have been re-watching season one.

So, if you are in the same boat as me, or have caught some reruns on Syfy, post a discussion about the latest episode you just saw.

I'll go first...

Just watched the episode "Implosion" which is was the first episode where we see Mcpherson. This episode had to do with the team finding an ancient japanese sword, that creates the illusion of invisibility. What really was great about this episode was the trust between the team. Myka and Pete want to believe Artie, and Myka does not like how he keeps things to himself. I never saw how much the show focused on the characters, and all of them have their flaws, personalities, and strenghts that really help to drive the plot.

Each episode of W13 is a stand alone mystery in itself, but a lot of episodes are also connected, especially the character progression.

Posted Image

#2 brekke668

brekke668

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

I just re watched season 1 and what surprised me was the Claudia comes in on episode 4 but they were starting her storyline in episode 2. Because of the people complaining about Claudia coming in and taking time away from the original characters I has some how forgotten that she was basically a member of the team from almost the beginning.

You can either destroy your spirit or you can accept and love yourself just the way you are.

#3 LadyNRA1

LadyNRA1

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

My complain isn't so much that Claudia is there. I didn't like her at first, I admit it, but they did a good job having her bond to Artie and vice versa and I was okay with that because they tended to share screen time. But my objection is that now she's gaining a lot of attention, and moving up in focus, and my favorite character is not getting as much 'time' to shine in season 3 as he did in previous seasons. Claudia may be the darling to a lot of younger folks who watch but my kids don't care all that much about her (they like the initial threesome of Pete/Myka/Artie) and as I said, I'd rather have had her share her time with Artie than what they've done with her lately.
Claudia: Would it have killed you to put a warning label on this thing?
Artie: Saying what? Only put on in case of stupid?

#4 squall28

squall28

Forum Moderator

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,466 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

I think Claudia is a good asset on the show. I liked her in the most recent season with her relationship with Steve. She will certainly grow after that experience.

Anyway, watching "Nevermore" now.
Posted Image

#5 brekke668

brekke668

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

My complain isn't so much that Claudia is there. I didn't like her at first, I admit it, but they did a good job having her bond to Artie and vice versa and I was okay with that because they tended to share screen time. But my objection is that now she's gaining a lot of attention, and moving up in focus, and my favorite character is not getting as much 'time' to shine in season 3 as he did in previous seasons. Claudia may be the darling to a lot of younger folks who watch but my kids don't care all that much about her (they like the initial threesome of Pete/Myka/Artie) and as I said, I'd rather have had her share her time with Artie than what they've done with her lately.

I like Claudia and would rather see more of her then Pete and Myka but that is my opinion. My favorite scenes are with Claudia and Artie. Artie is my favorite character.

There have been posters who have just bashed and bashed on Claudia especially because of Leena and blaming her for taking Leena's screen time. Which lead to believe that Claudia came in much later.

Claudia seems popular with the under 29 crowd so it does not surprise me that they giver her more to do. I have learned now that I am in my 50s my opinions don't matter to the people who sell ads.
You can either destroy your spirit or you can accept and love yourself just the way you are.

#6 LadyNRA1

LadyNRA1

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:49 AM

I like Claudia and would rather see more of her then Pete and Myka but that is my opinion. My favorite scenes are with Claudia and Artie. Artie is my favorite character.

There have been posters who have just bashed and bashed on Claudia especially because of Leena and blaming her for taking Leena's screen time. Which lead to believe that Claudia came in much later.

Claudia seems popular with the under 29 crowd so it does not surprise me that they giver her more to do. I have learned now that I am in my 50s my opinions don't matter to the people who sell ads.

I'm sort of fond of Pete and Myka and am happy enough that they are the "stars" of the series. But yeah, I have enjoyed the Artie/Claudia scenes quite a bit over the course of the series. Last season, after introducing Steve, there were far fewer of those. That's one of the things I miss. I liked that Artie went out with other agents (ie. Steve) but he simply wasn't in the series as much as he used to be. That's more because the ensemble cast has grown than anything else, I guess, but I don't have to "like it" when Artie gets less to do than in seasons 1 and 2. Plus I'm sort of rolling my eyes that once more demographics determine who gets focus. In my family there are 4 of us who watch the show and none of us have any particular fondness for Claudia. In terms of 'favorites', she is fairly far down the list. And both my girls are within that demographic group (in fact, close to Allison's age).

Actually, there's only one or two main people who dislike that Leena is left out and are strongly vocal about it. There have been a few others that pop in now and then to say the same thing but they are usually "new" to the forum so I discount them.

LOL! Yeah, I'm post 50 too and my opinions in terms of demographics mean NOTHING. :lol:

#7 AudreyOC

AudreyOC

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

I'm sort of fond of Pete and Myka and am happy enough that they are the "stars" of the series. But yeah, I have enjoyed the Artie/Claudia scenes quite a bit over the course of the series. Last season, after introducing Steve, there were far fewer of those. That's one of the things I miss. I liked that Artie went out with other agents (ie. Steve) but he simply wasn't in the series as much as he used to be. That's more because the ensemble cast has grown than anything else, I guess, but I don't have to "like it" when Artie gets less to do than in seasons 1 and 2. Plus I'm sort of rolling my eyes that once more demographics determine who gets focus. In my family there are 4 of us who watch the show and none of us have any particular fondness for Claudia. In terms of 'favorites', she is fairly far down the list. And both my girls are within that demographic group (in fact, close to Allison's age).

Actually, there's only one or two main people who dislike that Leena is left out and are strongly vocal about it. There have been a few others that pop in now and then to say the same thing but they are usually "new" to the forum so I discount them.

LOL! Yeah, I'm post 50 too and my opinions in terms of demographics mean NOTHING. :lol:

Another over-50 viewer here. Funny thing is that now that I'm at a point in my life where I actually have money to spend the advertising people aren't so interested in me anymore. :)

I'm actually enjoying Claudia and her character development quite a bit. As long as they don't turn her into a Wesley Crusher who saves the day episode after episode as a result of her complete awesomeness then I will be happy.

I've spent the last couple of weeks watching the entire run of the series twice through. It's amazing the things you can pick up on repeated viewings, little hints dropped here and there that speak to the quality of the story construction.

I just finished MacPherson last night and noticed something toward the beginning. Mrs. Frederic tells Pete and Myka all about Artie, James and Carol and that Carol is being monitored. Leena immediately jumps in and tells them that she's been following the situation and that MacPherson hasn't been in touch with Carol but it only takes Pete and Myka a few minutes with Carol to see that that isn't true. Hindsight tells me that Leena side-tracked the surveillance somehow. I really enjoy re-watching the episodes and picking up on little things like that.

#8 brekke668

brekke668

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:07 PM

My son is just over the 29 demographic he is 33 his favorite character hands down is Mrs Fredrick followed by Artie. He likes the others but those are his favorites. This whole demographic thing drives me crazy because in my experience is has never been accurate for me or people I know.

The age of a character does not have anything to do with how much I like them. Also according to their logic I am set in my ways and won't try anything new. The older I have gotten the more chances I am willing to take and I try new things all the time.

There was so much Claudia bashing that I did think there was more than just a few doing it but looking back I realize it was one or two people who posted a lot.

One of my peeves is fans who only watch a show because of one character and they get so bent out of shape if that character is not on the air as often as they think they should be. And wholly moley if something happens to that character. I am a fan of a show and I will I admit I have favorites and like some characters more than others, I maybe unhappy if a character is killed off but I don't go nuts and blame the other actors and then criticize every aspect of the show and then talk about how I won't watch it anymore. And yes I am talking about the rabid Leena fans here, the Ashley fans on Sanctuary, The Daniel fans on SG 1, The Weir, Beckett fans of Atlantis I am sure I am forgetting some.

#9 LadyNRA1

LadyNRA1

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

My son is just over the 29 demographic he is 33 his favorite character hands down is Mrs Fredrick followed by Artie. He likes the others but those are his favorites. This whole demographic thing drives me crazy because in my experience is has never been accurate for me or people I know.

The age of a character does not have anything to do with how much I like them. Also according to their logic I am set in my ways and won't try anything new. The older I have gotten the more chances I am willing to take and I try new things all the time.

There was so much Claudia bashing that I did think there was more than just a few doing it but looking back I realize it was one or two people who posted a lot.

One of my peeves is fans who only watch a show because of one character and they get so bent out of shape if that character is not on the air as often as they think they should be. And wholly moley if something happens to that character. I am a fan of a show and I will I admit I have favorites and like some characters more than others, I maybe unhappy if a character is killed off but I don't go nuts and blame the other actors and then criticize every aspect of the show and then talk about how I won't watch it anymore. And yes I am talking about the rabid Leena fans here, the Ashley fans on Sanctuary, The Daniel fans on SG 1, The Weir, Beckett fans of Atlantis I am sure I am forgetting some.

About the only show I won't take a lot of chances on, in terms of watching and anticipation of liking it, are the ones where I see the cast and they are all drop dead handsome/gorgeous 20 or 30 year olds. Seriously, when I see a cast that isn't diverging from that, I steer clear. i don't even bother to tune in. I like to watch a show with 'real people' (at least one or two of the characters anyway). I know it's probably narrow minded to assume a show will be boring or bad or have little substance just because they select the most beautiful people for it, but the trend is for these shows to turn into night time soap operas or to lure viewers in simply because people want to drool over the folks they are watching.

If they kill off a character it might not stop me watching, even if the character was a favorite but ONLY if the show had other things to appeal to me. If they killed off Artie, I'd probably have still watched but without as much enthusiasm and 'dedication' because Artie draws me in (I admit it). However, Haven bumped off my favorite character (The doctor) and I put up with it, but if they killed off the Teagues, I'd probably stop watching unless nothing else was on, not because of who they killed off but because these two characters make it far more interesting for me and with them gone, the plots alone wouldn't cut it in the long run. I find the whole concept of Eureka interesting and entertaining so no matter who they would kill off, I would have continued to watch.

#10 Lilfix

Lilfix

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

I'm new to watching the show...saw the Christmas episode on SyFy and was hooked...found Season 1 & 2 on Netflix and watched them...hoping SyFy will do a marathon of Season 3 before the new season so I can catch up with that season and be ready for Season 4...Love the show!

#11 squall28

squall28

Forum Moderator

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,466 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:11 PM

I'm into Season 2 now, and was watching the season 2 premiere. Macpherson put the "Phoenix" in Arties coat, and it seems to me that there was more to Macpherson than just being a bad guy looking to take over the world with these artifacts. I still don't get why Macpherson un-bronzed H.G Wells, and what was his plan? He apologizes to Artie and Artie truly feels bad at the end of this episode like he lost a very good friend. He killed people, yet saved people's live as well..

With that said, It seems the character of W13 are more complex than we think, and I love that about the show. It is not about a cut and dry bad guy. Well Sykes was pretty clear as a bad guy, but the artifact heavily influenced that.
Posted Image

#12 squall28

squall28

Forum Moderator

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,466 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:13 PM

I'm new to watching the show...saw the Christmas episode on SyFy and was hooked...found Season 1 & 2 on Netflix and watched them...hoping SyFy will do a marathon of Season 3 before the new season so I can catch up with that season and be ready for Season 4...Love the show!

Season 3 is likely the best season, imo. The 2 part finale was the best two-part final I have seen on Syfy since the early SG-1/SGA days. It was that good.
Posted Image

#13 squall28

squall28

Forum Moderator

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,466 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:18 PM

I am your son's age, and I watch all the Syfy shows, well most of them. I like all the characters and I think they have plenty of generations covered with the character age demographics for people to relate to. You have...

Claudia (Allison Scagliotti) 09/21/1990 (21)
Leena (Genelle Williams) 02/18/1984 (27)
Myka (Joanne Kelly) 1978 (33)
Pete (Eddie McClintock) 05/27/1967 (44)
Mrs. Frederic (CCH Pounder) 12/25/1952(59)
Artie (Saul Rubinek) 07/02/1948 (63)

Pretty spread out for the main cast.
Posted Image

#14 brekke668

brekke668

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

About the only show I won't take a lot of chances on, in terms of watching and anticipation of liking it, are the ones where I see the cast and they are all drop dead handsome/gorgeous 20 or 30 year olds. Seriously, when I see a cast that isn't diverging from that, I steer clear. i don't even bother to tune in. I like to watch a show with 'real people' (at least one or two of the characters anyway). I know it's probably narrow minded to assume a show will be boring or bad or have little substance just because they select the most beautiful people for it, but the trend is for these shows to turn into night time soap operas or to lure viewers in simply because people want to drool over the folks they are watching.

If they kill off a character it might not stop me watching, even if the character was a favorite but ONLY if the show had other things to appeal to me. If they killed off Artie, I'd probably have still watched but without as much enthusiasm and 'dedication' because Artie draws me in (I admit it). However, Haven bumped off my favorite character (The doctor) and I put up with it, but if they killed off the Teagues, I'd probably stop watching unless nothing else was on, not because of who they killed off but because these two characters make it far more interesting for me and with them gone, the plots alone wouldn't cut it in the long run. I find the whole concept of Eureka interesting and entertaining so no matter who they would kill off, I would have continued to watch.

The only show I ever stopped watching when the killed off my favorite character was War of the Worlds. The reason was not because they killed the character it was because they changed the show entirely. It went from a show were the alines were hidden and trying to take us over but everything else was normal to with no explanation a post apocalyptic world they introduced new alines killing off the old ones.

I guess why it gets me is that is always causes such negativity in the fandom with the people who are upset just trashing everything about the show and then hoping it will go off the air.

The thing that I have noticed is that they end up hating the replacement character of course they won't admit that is the reason but I have seen it without fail every time it has happened.

I know what you mean about shows with all beautiful people. One of the reasons I am such a fan of British TV is that most actors over there look normal they are not all drop dead gorgeous. They look like real people.

#15 LadyNRA1

LadyNRA1

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

The only show I ever stopped watching when the killed off my favorite character was War of the Worlds. The reason was not because they killed the character it was because they changed the show entirely. It went from a show were the alines were hidden and trying to take us over but everything else was normal to with no explanation a post apocalyptic world they introduced new alines killing off the old ones.

I guess why it gets me is that is always causes such negativity in the fandom with the people who are upset just trashing everything about the show and then hoping it will go off the air.

The thing that I have noticed is that they end up hating the replacement character of course they won't admit that is the reason but I have seen it without fail every time it has happened.

I know what you mean about shows with all beautiful people. One of the reasons I am such a fan of British TV is that most actors over there look normal they are not all drop dead gorgeous. They look like real people.

I understand. When I said I'd probably stop watching a show like Haven if they killed of The Teagues, I didn't mean I'd never tune into it again but I wouldn't have the "look forward to it" attitude that I do now for this one and for WH13, and Fringe, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Terra Nova, etc. I could see never watching it again but only as you said, if they radically changed the whole focus/content of the program.

I personally dn't understand people who get so angry that they can't do more than trash the shows because things didn't go the way they expected. I'd just stop watching if I got that upset and I'd stop posting on the forums. I wouldn't go out of my way to act like a troll if I wasn't happy. But oh well, lots of different people/personalities out there.

#16 gainesm

gainesm

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

I watch episodes every day. I have all 3 seasons on iTunes, and there is not a day that goes by that I do not watch at least one or two episodes of the show. Yes, I'm a die-hard fan. ;)

#17 dennisdf

dennisdf

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

wee game here,i'm new to the forums die-hard fan.there was claudia bashing?i find that surprising.[oh god please no wesley crusher,agree that]on a eureka note.u just can't have superbabes pregnant all the time.
Let's play a little.
ON how many networks,shows,same network[syfy]
How many claudia knock-offs have you seen in the last little while?[sincerest form of flattery ms. scagliotti]

#18 LadyNRA1

LadyNRA1

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

wee game here,i'm new to the forums die-hard fan.there was claudia bashing?i find that surprising.[oh god please no wesley crusher,agree that]on a eureka note.u just can't have superbabes pregnant all the time.
Let's play a little.
ON how many networks,shows,same network[syfy]
How many claudia knock-offs have you seen in the last little while?[sincerest form of flattery ms. scagliotti]

Two come to mind within recent months... the girl on Alphas (but she wasn't a regular) and Kenzi in Lost Girl (who for some reason is appealing in the sidekick role...I think it's because the actress seems to be having a blast playing the character. I'm sure I missed some. Not watching many series these days. On a different note, I do notice the new detective in Alcatraz is very similar to Audrey in Haven and Olivia in Fringe. Attractive blondes who are very smart, soft spoken, and know how to get the job done without a lot of bluster or by being overly 'strong'. I do believer there is such a thing as women characters being "TOO" strong. Best example, Starbuck in BSG. I know there are fans who love it but when I see her in action I kept thinking, this is so fake. And unappealing in the sense that I would never have wanted to be like her and I wouldn't have wanted to 'hang out' with people like her.

#19 dennisdf

dennisdf

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:18 PM

Two come to mind within recent months... the girl on Alphas (but she wasn't a regular) and Kenzi in Lost Girl (who for some reason is appealing in the sidekick role...I think it's because the actress seems to be having a blast playing the character. I'm sure I missed some. Not watching many series these days. On a different note, I do notice the new detective in Alcatraz is very similar to Audrey in Haven and Olivia in Fringe. Attractive blondes who are very smart, soft spoken, and know how to get the job done without a lot of bluster or by being overly 'strong'. I do believer there is such a thing as women characters being "TOO" strong. Best example, Starbuck in BSG. I know there are fans who love it but when I see her in action I kept thinking, this is so fake. And unappealing in the sense that I would never have wanted to be like her and I wouldn't have wanted to 'hang out' with people like her.

Hey,never saw alphas,but kenzi is the reason that prompted the thought of this topic.i like her too.and she is having a good time,as a raging thespian roles can be a liscense to play.she's very pretty as well.not a fringe watcher i missed too much and by the time i did watch i realized i had no idea what the hell was going on,like 'lost' said forget it.
Alacatraz i've really attached to.look forward to it.yes she is solid.what i've seen of 'haven' i agree same low key but don't cross em eh?
i liked starbuck,bsg blew me away,i told my friends it's not a show about spaceships,great human drama.Much in the way 'the walking dead' has made people change their moral compass.
i remember watching an interview with starbuck saying she went to the audition in stillettos n black dress[hollywood,to be filmed in canada,ha]and she turned into a sweaty fightin spittin greasemonkey.but who did adama want in trenches with him?yeah she didn't seduce men she just took em.a good 'too soft' was michele forbes kissing six.it's not a complaint beleive me.
a pleasant surprise in 'caprica' the brother touron from the mob,killer does all the dirty work guy.in passing during a discussion with lawyer adama says 'what can i tell my husband' nobody flinched thought it was great and mainstream.he's now on 'grimm'.at the sake of your nra moniker i won't espouse what's mainstream.
but i used to think the 'gun nuts' were a little over the top.but by the way the assault on peoples money,women's rights,no taxation,the RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS may soon become relevant.sorry goin all off topic.later.D.

#20 sdgsdg

sdgsdg

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

Each episode of W13 is a stand alone mystery in itself, but a lot of episodes are also connected, especially the character progression. to load the editor _______________________________________________- bridal Dress Designers bridal Dresses Online discount Bridal Dresses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users