33 replies to this topic

#21 squall28

squall28

Forum Moderator

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,463 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

Probably gonna rewatch Emily Lake and Stand over again. Summer is getting close, cannot wait for the new season!
Posted Image

#22 dennisdf

dennisdf

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

Probably gonna rewatch Emily Lake and Stand over again. Summer is getting close, cannot wait for the new season!

i have the 3 seasons on my h.d.,watch 4 eps. at 3 nites a week.i can turn on my side and see whats happening on screen.it's my whitenoise i like,know most of dialogue.they r like old buds.

#23 LadyNRA1

LadyNRA1

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

I'm still a bit perplexed as to why they are releasing the 3rd season right at the point where they are going to start the episodes. I know people who haven't seen the 3rd season yet and if they don't release it a week or so before they air the Season 4 premiere, those people will end up with a mess of spoilers they don't want to see.
Claudia: Would it have killed you to put a warning label on this thing?
Artie: Saying what? Only put on in case of stupid?

#24 BlueBronco

BlueBronco

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

OK, getting back on what this forum it supposed to be about- rather than character bashing has anyone else REWATCHED the pilot and realized that Myka talks about being "the only one" when Pete asks her about her father's book store being "Bering's and Son's". and in season 2 episode 4 she talks about having a sister? Or that her boyfriend calls her "Bunny" in the pilot and "Slim" in season 3 episode 11?

#25 kensternation2

kensternation2

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

OK, getting back on what this forum it supposed to be about- rather than character bashing has anyone else REWATCHED the pilot and realized that Myka talks about being "the only one" when Pete asks her about her father's book store being "Bering's and Son's". and in season 2 episode 4 she talks about having a sister? Or that her boyfriend calls her "Bunny" in the pilot and "Slim" in season 3 episode 11?

The agents family's seem to change episode by episode.
Where was Myka's 'sister' when their dad was attacked by Poe's notebook?
Then there is the relationship between Myka and her dad. She compared it to the Great Santini and that it wasn't over in two hours. There does seem to be some tension between Myka and her dad, but not to the extreme of Santini. He wrote a book about her for crying out loud.

I love this show, but sometimes I REALLY wonder about the writers.

#26 dennisdf

dennisdf

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

haha your not the only one to bring the 'bering n sons' to the fore then the sister n santini,yeah who knows,plus that character has never made an appearance on screen,only that great scene with pete pysckin myka to get there!
the best familial moment was with judd hirsch showin up for artemus maxemus.really like their interplay.
BUT TRULY BUMMED WITH[JANEWAY] pete's mom getting too much storyline.last season.
i've mentioned it b4 but with dickinson being taken out,they no more prinicipal's office,nobody to answer too in D.C.THE SECRET SERVICE,i know there is a whole hierarchy in the regents that in a way is above field secret servicve.but our 2 favorites kinda lost a friend no doubt but someone to answer to.artie n him were great together in that 'kodak moment' scene as well.

#27 dennisdf

dennisdf

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

I'm sort of fond of Pete and Myka and am happy enough that they are the "stars" of the series. But yeah, I have enjoyed the Artie/Claudia scenes quite a bit over the course of the series. Last season, after introducing Steve, there were far fewer of those. That's one of the things I miss. I liked that Artie went out with other agents (ie. Steve) but he simply wasn't in the series as much as he used to be. That's more because the ensemble cast has grown than anything else, I guess, but I don't have to "like it" when Artie gets less to do than in seasons 1 and 2. Plus I'm sort of rolling my eyes that once more demographics determine who gets focus. In my family there are 4 of us who watch the show and none of us have any particular fondness for Claudia. In terms of 'favorites', she is fairly far down the list. And both my girls are within that demographic group (in fact, close to Allison's age).

Actually, there's only one or two main people who dislike that Leena is left out and are strongly vocal about it. There have been a few others that pop in now and then to say the same thing but they are usually "new" to the forum so I discount them.

LOL! Yeah, I'm post 50 too and my opinions in terms of demographics mean NOTHING. :lol:

YEAH,THE SCENE ABOUT THE IN TOWN TROUBLE,WHEN ARTIE SAYS 'SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN U INCLUDE THE OLD GUY' WHILST SORTA DANCIN CLAUDIA:'WHAT R YA HAVIN A STROKE?'ARTIE 'OK TOUCH EM ALL'

'ARTIE:WHAT ONLY OPEN IN CASE OF STUPID?'

CLAUDE 'AH BUDAPEST' FINDS THE POE PEN,ARTIE LOOK AT SITE THEN VIRUS,SHE SAYS I ALWAYS RUN A VIRUS SCAN,ARTIE LEANS IN,CLAUDE: 'TOUCH IT AND DIE'
THEY'VE BEEN GREAT TOGETHER
LOVED HOW SHE GOT ARTIE REUNITED TO HIS DAD,AND THEY REALLY CONNECT TALKING ABOUT THAT GIRL THEY KNEW,P.I.A. LIKE CLAUDIA

JUST HOPE THEY DON'T DELVE TOO FAR INTO HER MUSIC OR LOVE LIFE.THERE'S ENUF WITH OUR CORE GROUP,DON'T SEE A FARGO IN HER FUTURE

#28 dennisdf

dennisdf

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

YEAH,THE SCENE ABOUT THE IN TOWN TROUBLE,WHEN ARTIE SAYS 'SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN U INCLUDE THE OLD GUY' WHILST SORTA DANCIN CLAUDIA:'WHAT R YA HAVIN A STROKE?'ARTIE 'OK TOUCH EM ALL'

'ARTIE:WHAT ONLY OPEN IN CASE OF STUPID?'

CLAUDE 'AH BUDAPEST' FINDS THE POE PEN,ARTIE LOOK AT SITE THEN VIRUS,SHE SAYS I ALWAYS RUN A VIRUS SCAN,ARTIE LEANS IN,CLAUDE: 'TOUCH IT AND DIE'
THEY'VE BEEN GREAT TOGETHER
LOVED HOW SHE GOT ARTIE REUNITED TO HIS DAD,AND THEY REALLY CONNECT TALKING ABOUT THAT GIRL THEY KNEW,P.I.A. LIKE CLAUDIA

JUST HOPE THEY DON'T DELVE TOO FAR INTO HER MUSIC OR LOVE LIFE.THERE'S ENUF WITH OUR CORE GROUP,DON'T SEE A FARGO IN HER FUTURE

#29 BlueBronco

BlueBronco

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

Well, at least I'm not the only one that has noticed the differences. I do hope IF Mika has a sister that she shows up next season. I would love to see if she could turn Pete's head and what that might do to the Pete/Mika relationship. I also think they should bring in Pete's sister. She is deaf, but I'm willing to bet that Pete's sister was Pete's Mother's "ONE" after his father died, so that she could explain her absence from their lives so much. Also I think the sister may be an "underground" agent somehow.-- Family business and all. I UNDERSTAND why Pete's Mom was so central in so many episodes- regent/ bracellet bearer/ etc. but she shouldn't have been that central. That and I don't like that she had ANYTHING to do with Jixy's murder. even just putting him in harms way.

#30 dennisdf

dennisdf

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

well we all know ,n certainly don't understand the 'syfy' programming execs. and their thought processes.but wh13 is a great sho,so that means they'll be prolly cutting it's throat soon,eureka like.
so i hope they stick to our core group as a writing arc,no mom's,but keep an eye to not leaving too many things hanging,because they could be gone,and have shows shot alreadly :storylines they might not be able to finish. ala eureka,they've have had to twist eps. to fit to a finale they did'nt know at the time.
and needed special 'dispensation' from execs to shoot a finale episode.
but we may get wrestling alligator,swamp people wrestling show in place ,we're so fff'n fortunate

#31 Branes

Branes

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

Actually I'm in my first viewing. I discovered the show on Netflix and am up to the Implosion episode. I know it's been mentioned many times already, but I noticed almost immediately the similarity to the old Friday the 13th series which I really liked and of course, the Raiders of the Lost Ark warehouse. Kind of a cool idea actually.

I'm trying to keep an open mind about Mika's character, but so far she just seems like another man hating ultra-feminazi with daddy issues. You'd think just once some TV writer could actually come up with a female who is strong, liberated and actually likes men, like say the women from the Women's Murder Club. Patterson got them right.

And the guy, I don't remember his name right now is so adolescent as to be insulting to male law enforcement officers. Nobody that simpering could ever get through Secret Service Training. He'd be lucky to make it thru Marine Corps boot camp. I certainly hope the later seasons developed these characters a little better because right now they look like poor stereotypes.

#32 KJay99

KJay99

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

I'm trying to keep an open mind about Mika's character, but so far she just seems like another man hating ultra-feminazi with daddy issues. You'd think just once some TV writer could actually come up with a female who is strong, liberated and actually likes men, like say the women from the Women's Murder Club. Patterson got them right.

Don't give up on Myka yet.

And the guy, I don't remember his name right now is so adolescent as to be insulting to male law enforcement officers. Nobody that simpering could ever get through Secret Service Training. He'd be lucky to make it thru Marine Corps boot camp. I certainly hope the later seasons developed these characters a little better because right now they look like poor stereotypes.

Erm... heh yeah. I'm less forceful on Pete. There's several issues that I have with that character, but- you just sort of have to take him as the goof ball that he is.

Keep with the show though,Brans. I don't think you'll regret your decision.
OH! And- you are up to my favorite episode of the whole thing, 'Claudia'. If you don't hang around after that episode, well, I just won't know what to say. heh.
Hope you enjoy it like I do.
(/me points to herself and claims, 'Uberfan.')

#33 squall28

squall28

Forum Moderator

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,463 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

Wow felt like a long time, but the show is coming back soon.
Posted Image

#34 Mr_Ambassador

Mr_Ambassador

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

Another over-50 viewer here. Funny thing is that now that I'm at a point in my life where I actually have money to spend the advertising people aren't so interested in me anymore. Posted Image

I'm actually enjoying Claudia and her character development quite a bit. As long as they don't turn her into a Wesley Crusher who saves the day episode after episode as a result of her complete awesomeness then I will be happy.

I've spent the last couple of weeks watching the entire run of the series twice through. It's amazing the things you can pick up on repeated viewings, little hints dropped here and there that speak to the quality of the story construction.

I just finished MacPherson last night and noticed something toward the beginning. Mrs. Frederic tells Pete and Myka all about Artie, James and Carol and that Carol is being monitored. Leena immediately jumps in and tells them that she's been following the situation and that MacPherson hasn't been in touch with Carol but it only takes Pete and Myka a few minutes with Carol to see that that isn't true. Hindsight tells me that Leena side-tracked the surveillance somehow. I really enjoy re-watching the episodes and picking up on little things like that.

44 here! I've been watching this series since day 1 and will keep watching it. I didn't have a favorite character at first because I thought that the entire cast was pretty well balanced. Over different episodes, my favorite has moved from Pete to Artie, to Leena to Mrs. Frederick and then back and forth. I like all of the different relationships they have with each other. Looking forward to the new season. Right now, I am firing up the Netflix to catch up on last season. Happy watching!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users