:blink:

#2 mbozzo2008

mbozzo2008

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 436 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

Syfy should do a remake of Galactica 1980 instead of Blood And Chrome. At least, it will be cheaper. <_<

#3 Annoyed58

Annoyed58

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:25 PM

They say it all right here

"Is the project dead? Read more after the jump. ...

"No not at all," said Syfy original programming president Mark Stern. "We're trying to figure out the economics right now. I love it but we're trying to put various things together to see how we're going to get it made. My hope is we get it figured out."

He can't say it any plainer than that. It's dead.
--
"It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion." - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor

"Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all." - Former Borg Seven of Nine

#4 CylonRomeo

CylonRomeo

Returnee

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:53 AM

Let us remember, 2013 is 4 years after Battlestar Galactica ended and 9 years after Battlestar Galactica began. Who here really thinks it will be what we want or expect? The "economics" means the CGI Cython gets more air-time.

"oh the times they are a changin'...."

Don't hold your breath for a Mary, a EJO or even a Bamber, forget about a Sackhoff. Total unknown recruits from the barren wastelands of western Canada, and we are supposed to care about them in the format of a show.

BSG Died So Sharktopus Could Live

enter the rabbit hole www.MatrixMythology.com

#5 CaproCaine

CaproCaine

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 560 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

Let us remember, 2013 is 4 years after Battlestar Galactica ended and 9 years after Battlestar Galactica began. Who here really thinks it will be what we want or expect? The "economics" means the CGI Cython gets more air-time.

Don't hold your breath for a Mary, a EJO or even a Bamber, forget about a Sackhoff. Total unknown recruits from the barren wastelands of western Canada, and we are supposed to care about them in the format of a show.

You should change your statement to read the 'barren wastelands of Toronto'. I don't watch TV or go to the movies, so I don't know if Sackhoff, Bamber, Park et all had careers before BSG. I remember Mary from Dances With Wolves,or ER, and Edward James from Miami Vice. Slim and trim EJO could of played a role in Bladerunner, but I don't want to take that bet.

I think there might be 1 or 2 basically unknown actors from Australia and Great Britain who might give a science fiction series a look-over. The new Superman: Irish, Australian, or maybe Greek? Definitely not North American. Spiderman: same old, same old.

#6 CylonRomeo

CylonRomeo

Returnee

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:27 PM

You should change your statement to read the 'barren wastelands of Toronto'. I don't watch TV or go to the movies, so I don't know if Sackhoff, Bamber, Park et all had careers before BSG. I remember Mary from Dances With Wolves,or ER, and Edward James from Miami Vice. Slim and trim EJO could of played a role in Bladerunner, but I don't want to take that bet.

I think there might be 1 or 2 basically unknown actors from Australia and Great Britain who might give a science fiction series a look-over. The new Superman: Irish, Australian, or maybe Greek? Definitely not North American. Spiderman: same old, same old.

I only meant quality actors, and quality actors demand salary. I said "barren wasteland" because you can get good actors from casting calls in obscure places, but it's a risk. And if you can't install solid anchors like Adama and Roslin and even Bamber, Helfer and Grace (all 3 have acting careers already), it means you can't pay them. I haven't looked but I don't know if Kara had any major roles prior. If you can't pay them, then that only means more screen time for the Cython. I'm speaking from the above above post how the showmakers were taking so long to find a working budget. That's BAD, BAD news for anyone here expecting a quality show.

The most well-known actor on SGU was Lou Diamond Philips if I am not mistaken. There was not one other person in there I'd seen before. To me, the cast did not pull it off well together. GONE. That's what happens when you strike the budget and leave out the 2 or 3 "anchor" actors principle.

Stargate SG-1 I do not think would have made it without McGuyver and Carter, both of whom are established actors (Anderson being much larger) Michael Shanks had an established acting career, and Christopher Judge was an amazing find for a main character. Even General Hammond was an established actor.

These things take a cast budget that it does not sound like the B&C people are willing to invest in.

#7 CaproCaine

CaproCaine

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 560 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:28 PM

I can see where you come from concerning Universe. I thought there was going to be rock solid actors from Canada similar to what we saw in SG1 and BSG. The only face I recognized was Luis Ferreira. At the time I was wondering from off of which planet did they drag Robert Carlyle. Surprise! I guess he was an established actor at that time known for his role in 'Trainspotting'.

Hopefully Primeval Vancouver or North America might have more than 1 recognizable face in their show and that they think big trying to sell the show to which ever stations broadcast Sigh-Fi.

#8 chrishernandez80s

chrishernandez80s

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:00 PM

:blink:

#9 CylonRomeo

CylonRomeo

Returnee

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:05 PM

You guys are funny. Star quality?! It's amazing anything ever gets made since all we ever do is sit in judgment of everything. The point is not who did it, it's just that they suck at what they do. Ron Moore didn't give frak whether or not BSG ended up depressing the audience, all he wanted was to do a show with real consequences unlike Star Trek where nothing real is at stake. I'd argue that most of BSG's supposed war with artificial intelligence is just totally ripped off from Issac Asimov stories, not that I'd win, but I don't give a frak anyhow. Blood & Chrome won't succeed on any level with preconceived notions hanging around. And anyway the economy is f*cked so who in their right mind would fund this sh*t anyway?

First, this is not McDonals where people will come ONLY if you have the McRib. Let's get that established.

TV watchers want to FIRST see people that already have a brand attached to them. That may be how you initially get a fan viewer who has seen and likes that/those actor(s). Next, it is important to have QUALITY actors - people who not just get on the screen and read the script like deer in the headlights. If you have a core of people who can really work it, you can make many even inane things watchable. Then, you scatter around that core the best OTHER actors you can find - and all of this with a keen eye to which ones can be truly effective in the role.

Like anything else, quality actors cost money. I don't have it, but Lucy Lawless was brought on and commanded a very large salary. Probably on par with the core group itself. That's why she was only a real regular in season 3 and was only brought back for special guest options toward the end (and also why they left her @ss on Earth). Callum Keith-Renne also commands a decent salary and we see him more over time but many times, he's not even around. You see Tricia Helfer and Grace Park in almost every scene because there were not established actors at the time. 6 and 8 were filmed in duplicates (that costs more money, because the actor is on set twice to film the clone. I don't think I ever saw 3 in a double shoot except maybe once. They used body doubles because she was an expensive broad. Renne is not often shot in duplicate either. Not as much as the others. The 4 and 5, they are like 3 of them hanging around and they don't even have speaking roles.

Budget is important and actors are a big part of that budget. IMO they should be, because of the reasons I mentioned in the beginning of this post.

Shows with ALL unknowns are very lucky if they last. It can happen but the scripts and story and premise has to be extra hot.

#10 ScifiJunky

ScifiJunky

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 248 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:47 AM

IMDB has the date now at Mar. 1, 2013 Another long wait....

#11 ThPrimes

ThPrimes

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

IMDB has the date now at Mar. 1, 2013 Another long wait....

Yep, I saw that and was curious as to the source.

"although he acknowledged it will likely take a year to get the show on air after it's ordered due to the amount of post-production work that will be required on every episode." - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

"...but a decision on when fans will get a chance to see the episode is coming soon. But even if Syfy does pick the show up for series, don't expect a premiere until at least 2013." - Airlock Alpha

"I'm hoping to make a decision [on a series order] in the next month or so." This means BLOOD & CHROME will not air before 2013." - forum user dragon53 posted at multiple forums. His post is styled in the form of a press announcement.

likely becomes don't expect becomes will not

If this had been an actual emergency, your email wouldn't have worked then either
{"res":{},"error":{"code":"3002","msg":"3002"}}

#12 Lonestorm

Lonestorm

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

I want to see more space Battles so this new series looks great to me.. I hope it happends...

#13 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,841 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

Here's the IMDB link for B&C: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1704292/

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#14 rwalsh001

rwalsh001

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:50 AM

I did post this elsewhere, but it would appear the pick up of Blood & Chrome may be connected to the future of Sanctuary. But apparently a decision is going to be made by the end of April.

Heres the link: http://www.tvwise.co...d-chrome-pilot/

#15 Bonzee

Bonzee

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

I miss Battlestar Galactica. It gave me such good memories. I never thought a television show could provide me with such a grip on reality, such a pondering inclination to get out there and do something great or to learn something new, and such an emotion rich environment that sparks my mood. They, the actors, represented a family in BSG. A group of people trapped in a floating prison cell out in the middle of space where nobody can find you, nobody will remember you, but somehow they pulled through. They made the best out of it, and they remained a family. They put their hardships aside and did what was necessary to find a home, to find a purpose. What was their motive? Why did they feel they had to keep going when everyone else had died? To spark a new beginning? To further their impact in the universe? I don't know so. It's an existence full of negativity, of death, of destruction. Each one of those people who those actors represented could in fact be real beings out somewhere in the depths of the unknown. Am I crazy you ask? Well how far from reality is it? Who are we? Are we a product of them? Or a product of some other civilization? What is the purpose? That is what it all boils down to, the purpose, meaning, thoughts that run the never-ending steam powered locomotive that brings us to our destiny.

Nothing beats that in my book, that's not just perfection in a television show, that's teetering on the border of world civilization altering. No wonder why the United Nations invited the main cast (Mary, Edward) to a retrospective and discussion.

Just. Pure. Bliss. It's amazing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users