98 replies to this topic

#1 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,209 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

Touch, a new series by Heroes creator, Tim Kring, premieres tonight at 9 PM on Fox starring Keifer Sutherland.

Synopsis:
Centers on a father who discovers his autistic, mute son can actually predict events before they happen.

From KS' FB page:

Martin (Kiefer Sutherland) tries to understand his son Jake (David Mazouz) in TOUCH which debuts with a special preview Wednesday, Jan. 25 (9:00-10:07 PM ET/PT) and then makes its series premiere Monday, March 19 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Posted Image

Here are a few links.

Blastr: http://blastr.com/20...and-finds-a.php
IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1821681/
Keifer Sutherland's Facebook page: http://www.facebook....iefersutherland
The HDR Room: http://www.thehdroom...d-is-Back/10132

NOTE: Much of the information presented here is from the Internet Movie Database website.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#2 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,209 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

Tonight on Touch:

Pilot
Kiefer Sutherland returns to Fox, but this time he won't be racing against time. Created by Heroes executive producer Tim Kring, Touch focuses on ex-journalist and single father Martin Bohm (Sutherland) and his mute son Jake (David Mazouz), an 11-year-old boy with the ability to connect seemingly unrelated people through his gift with numbers. Martin realizes that in order to connect with his son, he must decipher the numbers' meanings.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

#3 sperminator

sperminator

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:56 PM

Tonight on Touch:

Pilot
Kiefer Sutherland returns to Fox, but this time he won't be racing against time. Created by Heroes executive producer Tim Kring, Touch focuses on ex-journalist and single father Martin Bohm (Sutherland) and his mute son Jake (David Mazouz), an 11-year-old boy with the ability to connect seemingly unrelated people through his gift with numbers. Martin realizes that in order to connect with his son, he must decipher the numbers' meanings.

reminds me a bit of this:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,209 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

True. There are a lot of similarities.
I'd like to see how this series turns out, though.

BTW, could you reduce the size of that picture to no more than 600x600?

#5 easygordon

easygordon

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,002 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:40 PM

The pilot was pretty good, but I was thinking it would have made a good movie but it might be hard for them to maintain that level of serendipitous occurrences on a weekly basis.

That sure was a round about way of getting that singer's video out. Even I know how to upload something to YouTube, surely they could have figured it out themselves. Besides, the brief time Martin had the phone at the beginning of the episode was the only connection, bit it really had nothing to do with the A-story of Jake's insight into the numbers. It was as if they were parts of two different shows.

Posted Image
Reviews of SF, Fantasy & Horror books, movies, TV, comics at templetongate.net

#6 ferguson8484

ferguson8484

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

The pilot was pretty good, but I was thinking it would have made a good movie but it might be hard for them to maintain that level of serendipitous occurrences on a weekly basis.

That sure was a round about way of getting that singer's video out. Even I know how to upload something to YouTube, surely they could have figured it out themselves. Besides, the brief time Martin had the phone at the beginning of the episode was the only connection, bit it really had nothing to do with the A-story of Jake's insight into the numbers. It was as if they were parts of two different shows.

I agree I'm not sure if the concept has a long term application, though perhaps given FOX's track record they might not get a chance to try.

Destiny and Orange Soda: A Review

#7 LowellsMars

LowellsMars

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:30 AM

No fair, putting the girl's photos up on the jumbotron and making me cry.

Posted Image

#8 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,258 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

I thought the pilot was very good also. The chain of events wasn't just about the singer's video getting out. It was about how Jake can see how everything is connected. The singer works for the phone company who helps the boy who needs an oven because the owner of the phone sells kitchen supplies and wants to see the pictures of his deceased daughter. I can see how it felt like two story lines running at once with 318, the lottery, and saving the kids on the bus. I really enjoyed it.

Syfy member since April 1999

#9 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,209 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

Even though the pilot seemed a little slow, I did enjoy watching it. I think many of us are going to start looking more deeply into the numbers.
The connection that everyone had with each other reminded me of seven degrees of separation. I felt they did a good job of playing out the connection amongst the characters.

#10 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,209 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:38 AM

FYI: The next episode, 'Safety in Numbers' will air on March 19th.

I hope this two-month break doesn't make people lose interest in the show.

#11 sperminator

sperminator

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

it reminds me of heroes, how the characters were connected.
Posted Image

#12 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,209 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

it reminds me of heroes, how the characters were connected.

Since Tim Kring is involved, he might incorporate some elements as an homage to Heroes.

I did have a chuckle when the Child Services rep told Martin to wait 24 hours before coming back to see Jake. I figured that's enough time for him ('Jack') to save the president, stop the terrorists, and reconcile with his daughter. :P

#13 easygordon

easygordon

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,002 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:22 PM

it reminds me of heroes...

Let's hope it doesn't degenerate into the mess that Heroes became.

Posted Image
Reviews of SF, Fantasy & Horror books, movies, TV, comics at templetongate.net

#14 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,209 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:30 PM

Here are the ratings for Touch's premiere episode:

Episode 01-01: Wednesday, 1/25/12
3.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 19.5 million total viewers; first in the timeslot.
Season average: 3.90 in the demo with 19.50 million.

Source: http://tvseriesfinal...-ratings-21939/

#15 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,258 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

Here are the ratings for Touch's premiere episode:

Episode 01-01: Wednesday, 1/25/12
3.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 19.5 million total viewers; first in the timeslot.
Season average: 3.90 in the demo with 19.50 million.

Source: http://tvseriesfinal...-ratings-21939/

That's pretty good, but holding high ratings will be the test.

Syfy member since April 1999

#16 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,209 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

FYI: The pilot episode of Touch is available for viewing on Hulu until February 22nd

http://www.hulu.com/touch

#17 PissedofVulcan

PissedofVulcan

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

I liked it.

104,000 Tons of Diplomacy

Posted Image

4.5 Acres of Sovereign American Territory any where in the world you want to put it.

#18 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,209 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

From Blastr: Touch was watched by 12.01 million viewers with a 3.9/10 share.

Source: http://blastr.com/20...-chuck-ends.php

Note: Not sure why the number of viewers from Blastr's article is different than the one I posted earlier.

#19 EvilDoctor

EvilDoctor

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 544 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:43 PM

Me too, except for Touch having better acting and better story... ^_^
Posted Image

#20 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,209 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

UPDATE: Touch will be returning Thursday, March 22 rather than Monday, March 19 following American Idol. The pilot episode will air on March 15th.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users