• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 majesticone

majesticone

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:12 PM

its 2012 and syfy needs to ramp the firefly up a bit. They have been plastering serenity consistently and its a true blessing. I think they need to give the series a shot and grow the cult following a bit more. Its a show with so much potential and its original failure was due to poor advertising. They launched the show to the wrong fan base and the show paid the price for a bad decision.

SYFY, BRING IT BACK!!!

#2 easygordon

easygordon

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,002 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:10 AM

its 2012 and syfy needs to ramp the firefly up a bit. They have been plastering serenity consistently and its a true blessing. I think they need to give the series a shot and grow the cult following a bit more. Its a show with so much potential and its original failure was due to poor advertising. They launched the show to the wrong fan base and the show paid the price for a bad decision.

SYFY, BRING IT BACK!!!

The Sci-Fi Channel only had the repeat rights, the show was produced by 20th Century Fox Studios and ran on the FOX network in 2002. Universal bought the theatrical rights for the movie Serenity (did you notice the word Firefly is never used in the movie?). Sci-Fi began running the show in the summer of 2005 prior to the movie's release, and repeated it quite a few times over the following years but have not had the rights since 2008. It currently is being broadcast on The Science Channel

If you want to complain to anyone it should be FOX, or else petition Universal to make another movie.

Posted Image
Reviews of SF, Fantasy & Horror books, movies, TV, comics at templetongate.net

#3 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,209 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:04 AM

Or one can buy the DVD set.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#4 easygordon

easygordon

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,002 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

Or one can buy the DVD set.

Those DVD sets only have 14 episodes. Majesticone and I, plus millions of other Browncoats I'm sure, want more than that.

Posted Image
Reviews of SF, Fantasy & Horror books, movies, TV, comics at templetongate.net

#5 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,209 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

Those DVD sets only have 14 episodes. Majesticone and I, plus millions of other Browncoats I'm sure, want more than that.

You can count me in. I'd really like the series to continue as well.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#6 blsyfy

blsyfy

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 474 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:58 PM

Me too.

#7 Mufasa656

Mufasa656

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

I completely agree. I just finished watching it again on Netflix. Grow the following and bring it back

#8 heinsight

heinsight

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

i am sorry but i really hope they do not bring the show back. after the movie to many of the cast have moved on or aged to much for the show to ever be the same again. to be honest with you i am in love with this show though, i fell in love the first time i saw the opening and heard the theme song. but yeah it can never be.

what needs to happen is something like star trek tng where we meet a new crew on a new ship having their own struggles in the verse. that is what is so great about the firefly universe you can all ways make up a new story for a hole new crew and not destroy what has already been done.

#9 Ingrid37

Ingrid37

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:32 AM

Posted ImageThe Sci-Fi Channel only had the repeat rights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users