18 replies to this topic

#1 SaveTheGate

SaveTheGate

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

Hey,

I'm trying to start a campaign to bring back Stargate. I know, I know - it was cancelled a long time ago and I'm a bit late to the party. But that doesn't make much difference. There are still Stargate fans around.

This relies on more than just getting a few fans together, though. The whole idea is to make Stargate something that can be profitable, so that SyFy and MGM have a reason to bring it back.

How? Raising awareness is the first step. This is the second of what should turn out quite a few posts regarding this, with one already on GateWorld.

What is the goal? To get another season of Stargate Universe. It doesn't seem like much to work for, but if it comes back for one more season, it gets another chance to build the fanbase it missed out on. It could work out, and it could pick up and become a long-running series.

Are you willing to help? I'd really appreciate if you reply to this post so we can see how many people we have supporting us. In addition to that, you could also find a science fiction forum - any scifi forum at all - and make a short post encouraging people to check out Stargate Universe. That's the first step of many.

Thankyou.

#2 Ckovacs

Ckovacs

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

Great Show! If they brought back SGU it would just be amazing.

#3 SaveTheGate

SaveTheGate

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

Hey Ckovacs,

Could you please check out the campaign thread here? http://forum.gatewor...argate-Universe!

It'd be good if you could sign up to the forum and show your support there, too. We're gaining momentum, however slowly. We can bring it back if we do it right, and if we work together.

#4 themaingmaster

themaingmaster

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

Hey Ckovacs,

Could you please check out the campaign thread here? http://forum.gatewor...rgate-Universe!

It'd be good if you could sign up to the forum and show your support there, too. We're gaining momentum, however slowly. We can bring it back if we do it right, and if we work together.

You have my deepest admiration! I've been completely immersed in spearheading a “Save-the-Gate” campaign for over a year. Brace yourself, because you're about to be attacked by every alligator in the swamp! The unpleasant fact is that saving ANY Stargate >anything< is an extremely difficult task in this financial climate. That's not to say that it can't be done, but doing this at a time when SyFy is running with shows that cost pennies on the dollar (if that much) compared to what it costs to produce Stargate well .. there ya go! .. Plus, focusing exclusively on SGU is maybe 5 times as tough as just getting any gate to reopen. Still, I admire your energy, and dedication, and I truly hope that you succeed! To me, ANY Stargate beats no Stargate. One can only hope that they reach a point of diminishing returns with their reality junk, OR they just flat out run out of Shark-O-Saurus / Desert Flood doomsday movie ideas … lol

Respectfully,

tmgm

Posted Image

#5 Lilith1960

Lilith1960

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

Hey,

I'm trying to start a campaign to bring back Stargate. I know, I know - it was cancelled a long time ago and I'm a bit late to the party. But that doesn't make much difference. There are still Stargate fans around.

This relies on more than just getting a few fans together, though. The whole idea is to make Stargate something that can be profitable, so that SyFy and MGM have a reason to bring it back.

How? Raising awareness is the first step. This is the second of what should turn out quite a few posts regarding this, with one already on GateWorld.

What is the goal? To get another season of Stargate Universe. It doesn't seem like much to work for, but if it comes back for one more season, it gets another chance to build the fanbase it missed out on. It could work out, and it could pick up and become a long-running series.

Are you willing to help? I'd really appreciate if you reply to this post so we can see how many people we have supporting us. In addition to that, you could also find a science fiction forum - any scifi forum at all - and make a short post encouraging people to check out Stargate Universe. That's the first step of many.

Thankyou.

That ship has sailed. SGU didn't have enough fans to warrant continuation. They tanked the gate, there is no do over with other people's money. TBTB have divided the fanbase that any reboot at this time would not have the #'s to support the decision. This has been done to death, let it go.

#6 themaingmaster

themaingmaster

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

Hey Ckovacs,

Could you please check out the campaign thread here? http://forum.gatewor...rgate-Universe!

Hey SaveTheGate,
I forgot to mention that alligators come in ALL sizes, shapes, colors, and sexes... but I can see that you've already found that out! ...lol
Posted Image .
So keep the faith, and remember to keep your >"ugly gator repellant"< ready at all times!.. ..
They really are a pathetically sad, unattractive bunch of slime dwellers that would egarly tell the Wright brothers if man could fly he'd have wings.
I wish you only the best my friend! Good luck!
respectfully,
tmgm

Posted Image

#7 SciphonicStranger

SciphonicStranger

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

If we are equating the Wright Brothers to SG, I would submit that the Wright Brothers were flying along just fine for 10 years before someone decided to shoot them down with a badly thought out plane design. Posted Image

#8 SaveTheGate

SaveTheGate

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

So keep the faith, and remember to keep your >"ugly gator repellant"< ready at all times!.. .

Haha, thanks for the advice. Yeah, I'm really feeling the hate; one thread on GateWorld got closed, and I gave up on the other after 8 pages of abuse. Having finally gotten round to watching the last episode of S2 though, it's made me want SGU back even more. I'll keep trying my best. I know the odds are against us, but it does no harm in trying.

Could you sign this petition if you haven't already? http://www.savesgu.t...e-sgu-petition/ It's been around for a while, I only found it a few days ago.Only 253 signatures so far, would be good if people could pass it round.

If we are equating the Wright Brothers to SG, I would submit that the Wright Brothers were flying along just fine for 10 years before someone decided to shoot them down with a badly thought out plane design

A design that evolved into something revolutionary in the end, though ;) SGU was doing that, but nobody was willing to give it a second chance.

#9 themaingmaster

themaingmaster

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

If we are equating the Wright Brothers to SG, I would submit that the Wright Brothers were flying along just fine for 10 years before someone decided to shoot them down with a badly thought out plane design. :P

Thank you for your response, but your analogy really does not apply to mine.. which is the Wright Bros. trying to achieve flight, which was a task looked upon as impossible by those of their time with little faith or imagination = equal to =, or are kin to, those who say “more SGU is impossible” … The nay-sayers of SGU have little faith, and refuse to believe or even imagine that more SGU in some form is even possible.

What you've posted is more like an analogy to another topic, but even that was somewhat inaccurate, as it was Stargate Atlantis that followed SG-1 .. not SGU. .. and SGA was beautiful and had little effect on what you call the SG1 plane or " the Wright Brothers were flying along just fine" . … As everyone knows SGA did not shoot down SG-1, or the SG franchise... Things were indeed fine, up until the era of SGU. … That's not to say that I'm blaming SGU for the demise of the SG franchise. I'm not! It was an awesome show once it got going, but it took a bit too long to get going, and had virtually none of the characters come along that we had become attached to (again they were fixing that, but too late on that as well) another major factor was the transition from SGA to SGU was handled very, very poorly resulting in culture shock,.. … SGU was also the victim of confusing time-slot ping-pong, and it was released in a NEW era of DVR / Torrent ratings clipping.

To top things off, the bean counters at SyFy convinced TPTB that for pennies on the dollar, shows like Quantum Kitchen would be more financially viable than any SG, BSG, or even Eureka for that matter and the rest is history … A history without any decent NEW Science Fiction for us to watch on a channel called SyFy. The future of Science Fiction has never looked so bleak. For what's coming is so bad that it will make us yern for more Quantum Kitchen! But HEY, business is business and the exec's are happy!

Posted Image

#10 Lilith1960

Lilith1960

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

Hey SaveTheGate,
I forgot to mention that alligators come in ALL sizes, shapes, colors, and sexes... but I can see that you've already found that out! ...lol
Posted Image .
So keep the faith, and remember to keep your >"ugly gator repellant"< ready at all times!.. ..
They really are a pathetically sad, unattractive bunch of slime dwellers that would egarly tell the Wright brothers if man could fly he'd have wings.
I wish you only the best my friend! Good luck!
respectfully,
tmgm

If your comment was directed at me then thank you for your assessment of someone you don't even know. Pathetic and sad would be an accurate description of what happened to Star Gate.

Flight has been a source of employment/career for many a family member since War World 2 with several ace pilots in both prop and jet planes numbering among us including 2 full bird colonels and a admiral too. Not to mention the award winning aero nautical engineers that line my family tree. I have to say you should choose your insults better.

#11 themaingmaster

themaingmaster

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

If your comment was directed at me then thank you for your assessment of someone you don't even know. Pathetic and sad would be an accurate description of what happened to Star Gate.

Flight has been a source of employment/career for many a family member since War World 2 with several ace pilots in both prop and jet planes numbering among us including 2 full bird colonels and a admiral too. Not to mention the award winning aero nautical engineers that line my family tree. I have to say you should choose your insults better.

If you truly believe what you posted . Pathetic and sad would be an accurate description of what happened to Star Gate.
if you believe that out of love for the Stargate, then my posting was most certalnly NOT directed at you. as you're correct I don't know you.

But If I have insulted somebody who is casting their own self in the role of an "ugly gator" out of guilt for getting their jollies out of trouncing on the dreams of others, and the shoe actualy fits...
Then that person has my sympathy!
respectfully,
tmgm

PS. ANYONE who flies a plane has my deepest respect for doing so, especially in the line of duty!
The analogy I used "Man telling the Wright Bros. ""If man could fly he'd have wings"" has been around for about a century/
So there was absolutely no malice at all directed at your " family member of War World 2 l ace pilots" ... KUDOS to them!
Posted Image

#12 Lilith1960

Lilith1960

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

If you truly believe what you posted . Pathetic and sad would be an accurate description of what happened to Star Gate.
if you believe that out of love for the Stargate, then my posting was most certalnly NOT directed at you. as you're correct I don't know you.

But If I have insulted somebody who is casting their own self in the role of an "ugly gator" out of guilt for getting their jollies out of trouncing on the dreams of others, and the shoe actualy fits...
Then that person has my sympathy!
respectfully,
tmgm

PS. ANYONE who flies a plane has my deepest respect for doing so, especially in the line of duty!
The analogy I used "Man telling the Wright Bros. ""If man could fly he'd have wings"" has been around for about a century/
So there was absolutely no malice at all directed at your " family member of War World 2 l ace pilots" ... KUDOS to them!

Are you saying anyone who didn't like SGU isn't a visionary?

#13 SaveTheGate

SaveTheGate

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:37 PM

That's not what he's saying at all. He's talking about the people who disliked SGU and continually try to shatter the hopes of SGU fans trying to get another series through being hateful to them.

#14 graybrew1

graybrew1

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:19 AM

I can't believe I am saying this in 2012, but I think it is time somebody posted the signs of denial for some again. Who has it, Bandit, Cimmer?

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria."

-Benjamin Franklin

#15 graybrew1

graybrew1

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

That's not what he's saying at all. He's talking about the people who disliked SGU and continually try to shatter the hopes of SGU fans trying to get another series through being hateful to them.

Feel free to check back through the archives to find many of us defending SGU that are telling you we don't support you now.

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria."

-Benjamin Franklin

#16 themaingmaster

themaingmaster

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

SaveTheGate, You were correct in your interpretation of my previous post! A person CAN not like SGU and and still be a visionary! That's just personal choice. ... It's the dream trouncers that are ..yeeesh!
Also, VERY FEW ( if any ) folks that truly loved SGU would even DREAM of saying to you they're not supporting your cause!
That IS the truth. That does not make your task any easier.
I wish you only the best, and by all means, keep your dreams alive and well!
Let no one trounce on your dreams!. Good luck my friend!
Posted Image
Respectfully,
tmgm

PS. I went to sign your petition, only to find out that I have ALREADY signed it .. after signing it .. <g> I hope that does not cause a problem!
Cheers! .
Posted Image

#17 Bandit82ABN2

Bandit82ABN2

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:14 AM

I can't believe I am saying this in 2012, but I think it is time somebody posted the signs of denial for some again. Who has it, Bandit, Cimmer?

Breath deep
The gathering gloom
Watch lights fade
From every room
Bedsitter people
Look back and lament
Another day's useless
Energy spent

Impassioned lovers
Wrestle as one
Lonely man cries for love
And has none
New mother picks up
And suckles her son
Senior citizens
Wish they were young

Cold hearted orb
That rules the night
Removes the colours
From our sight
Red is gray and
Yellow white
But we decide
Which is right
And
Which is an Illusion

Pinprick holes
in a colourless sky,
Let insipid figures
of light pass by,
The mighty light
of ten thousand suns,
Challenges infinity
and is soon gone.

Night time, to some
a brief interlude,
To others the fear
of solitude.
Brave Helios
wake up your steeds,
Bring the warmth
the countryside needs.

*cough*

Sorry, what was the question? :unsure:

Respectfully,
Bandit
Posted Image

#18 themaingmaster

themaingmaster

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

Breath deep
The gathering gloom
Watch lights fade
From every room
Bedsitter people
Look back and lament
Another day's useless
Energy spent

Impassioned lovers
Wrestle as one
Lonely man cries for love
And has none
New mother picks up
And suckles her son
Senior citizens
Wish they were young

Cold hearted orb
That rules the night
Removes the colours
From our sight
Red is gray and
Yellow white
But we decide
Which is right
And
Which is an Illusion

Pinprick holes
in a colourless sky,
Let insipid figures
of light pass by,
The mighty light
of ten thousand suns,
Challenges infinity
and is soon gone.

Night time, to some
a brief interlude,
To others the fear
of solitude.
Brave Helios
wake up your steeds,
Bring the warmth
the countryside needs.

*cough*

Sorry, what was the question? :unsure:

Respectfully,
Bandit

I have have a much more inspiring poem which I prerfer .. The question matters not ... here is your answer!

You Must Not Quit

When things go wrong; as they sometimes will,
When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don’t you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a fellow turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out.
Don’t give up though the pace seems slow,
You might succeed with another blow,

Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man;
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor’s cup;
And he learned too late when the night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit,
It’s when things seem the worst that you must not quit.

respectfully

tmgm

:rolleyes:

Posted Image

#19 sauripod7805m

sauripod7805m

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

okay i think it is a long shot, but in the words of others if you give it time it will mature, just like putting money in the back and leaving it there. Just like other shows they do not give it time for fan base, but you all that liked the stargate series and still love watching them, i think then support it. the wrestling thing on syfy channel, really come on, is that what we as syfy heads want to be watching on our channel designated by it's name for the syfy people out there not to fight for the shows we love? we need to stand up for our principals as syfy heads, and the shows we loved, or how on earth would have sg-1 lasted as long as it did, we had a mature fan base, it did not do so well in the first few episodes, but they brought it back and let it mature in the hearts of people and then the fan base grew.

thanks for listening,

Thomas m Ziermann

if anyone from syfy channel is listening do not use wrestling as a way to bring business and viewers, bring back shows that mean something toward our hearts the place beyond the stars and like you did with sg-1 let it grow, it will get its fan base, one year is just not enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users