I can't believe Grant is leaving.

#2 charlieeppes

charlieeppes

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

This sucks. Here I come Ghost Hunters International!!

#3 LadyCat

LadyCat

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 340 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

Ahhh, as soon as Grant spoke about stress, etc....then said he was leaving, my sister and I turned to each other and said it's either a health-issue, or his wife. He also said it wasn't 'the end', which makes me think he has some personal stuff to deal with/recharge.

I'll continue to watch the show, and I can't wait until Ghost Hunters Int'l next week. I wish Grant and his family well.

Kris

#4 Briock

Briock

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 33 posts

This is no surprise. If you looked on their 2012 appearance schedule Grant is the only one not on it. He's looked ragged for several episodes now. But I just can't get his fake coat pull from the Fort Delaware Halloween Episode out of my mind. The show is nowhere near as "authentic" as people think and they have been using gimmicks the last few seasons, including faking a lot of stuff. I liked the show back when they had their original investigators and they seemed a lot more legit.

#5 pagan

pagan

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 987 posts

Well, so much for staying, aside from "stress", pretty darn vague, to say the least, as if this was a sudden decision, which you can bet it wasn't, not by a long shot. Shame it wasn't Jason but with his "pull", he'll never leave, now that is a tragedy. :lol:
Everybody lies.

If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.

The notion of picking 1 times of the year to be decent to others is obscene because it's actually validating the notion of being miserable SOB finaly.

Your biggest problem...hell I don't know what it is!!! Ask somebody else.

#6 Briock

Briock

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 33 posts

This is no surprise. If you looked on their 2012 appearance schedule Grant is the only one not on it. He's looked ragged for several episodes now. But I just can't get his fake coat pull from the Fort Delaware Halloween Episode out of my mind. The show is nowhere near as "authentic" as people think and they have been using gimmicks the last few seasons, including faking a lot of stuff. I liked the show back when they had their original investigators and they seemed a lot more legit.

#7 jimstacy

jimstacy

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

I could tell at the top of the show when Grant wasn't there that that was going to be the announcement, but it doesn't make it any better. I'm really sad that Grant is leaving, but I am absolutely sure that there is a very good reason for it. That having been said, I'd just like to say to Grant: Hang in there, you have friends you don't even know who care and are wishing you all the best. I speak for many when I say we will miss you and hope you come back from time to time.

#8 kaerch821

kaerch821

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

So sorry to see Grant leave the show - he will be greatly missed. Good Luck Grant.

#9 pagan

pagan

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

[color="#FF00FF"]Well, so much for staying, aside from "stress", pretty darn vague, to say the least, as if this was a sudden decision, which you can bet it wasn't, not by a long shot. Shame it wasn't Jason but with his "pull", he'll never leave, now that is a tragedy.[color] :lol:
Everybody lies.

The notion of picking 1 times of the year to be decent to others is obscene because it's actually validating the notion of being miserable SOB finaly.

#10 pagan

pagan

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

The wrong person left and he didn't give a reason..."stress" doesn't cut it Grant. Wonder if Jason had anything to do with it???
Everybody lies.

#11 scovel11

scovel11

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:26 PM

I could tell at the top of the show when Grant wasn't there that that was going to be the announcement, but it doesn't make it any better. I'm really sad that Grant is leaving, but I am absolutely sure that there is a very good reason for it. That having been said, I'd just like to say to Grant: Hang in there, you have friends you don't even know who care and are wishing you all the best. I speak for many when I say we will miss you and hope you come back from time to time.

Well said.....funny how you can feel like someone is a friend when you've never even met them. Grant seems like a truly nice person and I've learned so much about the paranormal field bc of this show. And Grant has been half the show. I wonder if he ever reads forums like this....if so...we love you Grant!

#12 Clarknova156

Clarknova156

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

The worst part is how Jason and Grant are pandering on Twitter and Facebook to ploy people into watching it. How sad that they are shilling there own show when one of them is going to leave.

I'm done with Ghost Hunters , its fine if Grant or Jason wants to leave .. they've been doing it for over 8+ years on TV but to pander it like some kind of door to door salesmen just shows a total lack of integrity all around. I thought this show was run with at least a shred of respect to its audience (unlike Ghost Adventures staring Zack "Frodo" Baggins *** face).

Come to find out that they are even willing to make light of whats a pretty big deal if you've watched the show over that period of time. I'm not down for supporting that kind of behavior towards viewers. If that's how you think of us then allow me to one less pair of eye balls for you to pander to.

Good luck and good bye.

#13 Juggernautjss

Juggernautjss

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

So sorry to see Grant leave the show - he will be greatly missed.  Good Luck Grant.

I was an avid watcher of Ghost Hunters and Grant was by far the most sincere.  I was upset that they didn't give a reason.  I am just going to stop watching.

#14 DarkShadows1

DarkShadows1

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

So sorry to see Grant leave the show - he will be greatly missed. Good Luck Grant.

I agree...Good Luck, Grant. GOD Bless!!!
If you can read, thank a teacher.

If you can read it in English, thank a soldier.

#15 STMcD

STMcD

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

Tip: click inside this box to load the editor Grant was the only "real" thing left on the show. He was the only reason I kept watching. Maybe he got sick of the way the show has become as did I. Sorry to see you go Grant. I'm done too.

#16 Susi58

Susi58

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:49 PM

Does anybody know the real reason he's leaving? Is he ill, or someone in the family? Honestly, the show won't be the same, and I don't know that I'll keep watching it. So sad!

#17 STMcD

STMcD

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

Grant was the only "real" thing left on the show. Maybe he got sick of the way the show has become as did I. Sorry to see you go Grant. I'm done too.

#18 KalikaLakota

KalikaLakota

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

I did notice in the last two weeks Grant was not wearing a wedding ring which makes very sad. Not to speculate but I am hoping he just forgot to put it on. If there is a problem hoping the time away will mend this. If this is not the reason then good. Maybe he just needs a rest. I also noticed his tweets have stopped too. Very sad

#19 cpm72586

cpm72586

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

Jeesh, I'm sad to see Grant go as well, but it's hardly the end of the world. And who knows, maybe he will return at some point down the line. In the mean time, I think Steve will fill in very nicely as another leader for the group. He's done a good job in the past filling in for Grant or Jason and I think he can do a good job full time.

#20 slidersfan4u

slidersfan4u

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:32 PM

Just because one person is leaving the show, is not a valid reason to give up on something that was special to you in the first place for so many years. In April Grant's last shows will be seen and Im not giving up on Ghost Hunters.
" May the powers that be, set us all Free ! "

The multiverse is vast, so if your a version of me, please stop by and say Oi.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users