2 replies to this topic

#1 Bonzee

Bonzee

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

I typed this up just recently after watching BSG since it first came out back in 2003 with the miniseries. I hope you enjoy my little philosophy oriented post, and I hope you leave some comments about how Battlestar made you feel about your life and existence.

I miss Battlestar Galactica. It gave me such good memories. I never thought a television show could provide me with such a grip on reality, such a pondering inclination to get out there and do something great or to learn something new, and such an emotion rich environment that sparks my mood. They, the actors, represented a family in BSG. A group of people trapped in a floating prison cell out in the middle of space where nobody can find you, nobody will remember you, but somehow they pulled through. They made the best out of it, and they remained a family. They put their hardships aside and did what was necessary to find a home, to find a purpose. What was their motive? Why did they feel they had to keep going when everyone else had died? To spark a new beginning? To further their impact in the universe? I don't know so. It's an existence full of negativity, of death, of destruction. Each one of those people who those actors represented could in fact be real beings out somewhere in the depths of the unknown. Am I crazy you ask? Well how far from reality is it? Who are we? Are we a product of them? Or a product of some other civilization? What is the purpose? That is what it all boils down to, the purpose, meaning, thoughts that run the never-ending steam powered locomotive that brings us to our destiny. And I honestly think Battlestar Galactica represented all of this.

Nothing beats that in my book, that's not just perfection in a television show, that's teetering on the border of world civilization altering. No wonder why the United Nations invited the main cast (Mary, Edward) to a retrospective and discussion.

Just. Pure. Bliss. It's amazing.

#2 Annoyed58

Annoyed58

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

More importantly, it added words such as "Frak" and "Felgercarb" to the American English lexicon, giving us a way to cuss in public. :D
--
"It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion." - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor

"Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all." - Former Borg Seven of Nine

#3 Bonzee

Bonzee

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

More importantly, it added words such as "Frak" and "Felgercarb" to the American English lexicon, giving us a way to cuss in public. :D

Right! :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users