Photo

I wish they would have just let Kenzi die....

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 4Rugrat

4Rugrat

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:47 PM

I wish they would have just let Kenzi die and decreasethe surplus population. I am so tired of selfish, self-absorbed, narcissisticyoung people. I have to deal with dregs like this out in the real world every day.So I hate having to sit back and endure their actions during “my” time. Kenzisteals, lies, insults, betrays and just about everything else imaginable with absolutelyno second thought or remorse. IN FACT, she always blames someone, anyone elsewhen something goes wrong. She steals food and then gets mad at and blameseveryone else when it turns out she STOLE and ate infected human…PALEEEEZE!!! Bo is thefae and she has a lot of things to learn and deal with so will make mistakesalong the way, but Kenzi is just a mean-spirited, self-absorbed example of whatis wrong with so many of the young people out there in the world right now. Istarted out watching this program with high expectations after all; I am anavid fan of Eureka, Warehouse 13, Alphas, Haven and of course Doctor Who. ButKenzi’s actions cross the line and have ruined any enjoyment I started out within this new show. I feel she is just another example of a growing trend outhere in the real world and I will not support it. I feel watching this wouldlook like acceptance of this type of behavior so I won’t be watching Lost Girlanymore.

#2 Rhuen1

Rhuen1

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

Uh Kenzie learns and develops as the shows goes on too you know.

*high expectations? and you list off shows that have many of the most cliche characters out there (no offense to those shows, every show does have a few cliche characters*

As for killing off Kenzie.

that would have been the worst decision; because she would have become a "girl in the fridge". Which is one of the laziest and yet somehow over used, things out there.

*so and so makes a connection with so and so*

build connection up

kill off secondary character

Oh no, this makes the main character now fight harder and have more focus.

Its been done to death, the fact the guy that writes the Naruto Manga did it with Hinata was just shameful. Imagine if Bleach killed off Orohime.

Kenzie isn't meant to represent the whole of humanity; she is a street formed girl introduced to this weird world. Which is new.

Usually the human who is used as the bridge between the audience and the supernatural aspects of a program tend to be these (role model types) or naive youths who need to be protected the whole time. Kenzie often needs saved, but we know its her fault and not just because she didn't know better.
*really who goes eating random things in a strangers house? Or tries to follow a mafia goon type around just to prove they arn't helpless?

watching her develop is just as much a part of this show as watching Bo develop.

Kenzie is the best thing for this show, because she is as far away from being the short pants cap kid possible with out being a villain or monster and still fall into the catogory of the spunky human sidekick/tag-a-long.
The Fantasy/Sci-fi novel series begins, join Hollia and Rhulan as dark forces converge on Stratalia
Secrets of Aesperia book 1: Stratalia Conspiracy.
now available at Leanpub.

#3 MaggieT5

MaggieT5

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

Its a show based upon fiction! Why compare it to real life? There is as huge difference with the same word CHARACTER. There is a FICTIONAL character and REAL character. Don't get the two mistaken.

#4 easygordon

easygordon

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,873 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

If Kenzi dies I'm no longer watching the show.

Posted Image
Reviews of SF, Fantasy & Horror books, movies, TV, comics at templetongate.net

#5 pagan

pagan

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

Uh Kenzie learns and develops as the shows goes on too you know.

*high expectations? and you list off shows that have many of the most cliche characters out there (no offense to those shows, every show does have a few cliche characters*

As for killing off Kenzie.

that would have been the worst decision; because she would have become a "girl in the fridge". Which is one of the laziest and yet somehow over used, things out there.

*so and so makes a connection with so and so*

build connection up

kill off secondary character

Oh no, this makes the main character now fight harder and have more focus.

Its been done to death, the fact the guy that writes the Naruto Manga did it with Hinata was just shameful. Imagine if Bleach killed off Orohime.

Kenzie isn't meant to represent the whole of humanity; she is a street formed girl introduced to this weird world. Which is new.

Usually the human who is used as the bridge between the audience and the supernatural aspects of a program tend to be these (role model types) or naive youths who need to be protected the whole time. Kenzie often needs saved, but we know its her fault and not just because she didn't know better.
*really who goes eating random things in a strangers house? Or tries to follow a mafia goon type around just to prove they arn't helpless?

watching her develop is just as much a part of this show as watching Bo develop.

Kenzie is the best thing for this show, because she is as far away from being the short pants cap kid possible with out being a villain or monster and still fall into the catogory of the spunky human sidekick/tag-a-long.

All excellent points!!! as only you could state them. I do soo much enjoy reading your comments.[attachment=18840:1057367217-supercars.jpg]
Everybody lies.

If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.

The notion of picking 1 times of the year to be decent to others is obscene because it's actually validating the notion of being miserable SOB finaly.

Your biggest problem...hell I don't know what it is!!! Ask somebody else.

#6 EvilDoctor

EvilDoctor

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 544 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

I wish they would have just let Kenzi die and decreasethe surplus population. I am so tired of selfish, self-absorbed, narcissisticyoung people. I have to deal with dregs like this out in the real world every day.So I hate having to sit back and endure their actions during “my” time. Kenzisteals, lies, insults, betrays and just about everything else imaginable with absolutelyno second thought or remorse. IN FACT, she always blames someone, anyone elsewhen something goes wrong. She steals food and then gets mad at and blameseveryone else when it turns out she STOLE and ate infected human…PALEEEEZE!!! Bo is thefae and she has a lot of things to learn and deal with so will make mistakesalong the way, but Kenzi is just a mean-spirited, self-absorbed example of whatis wrong with so many of the young people out there in the world right now. Istarted out watching this program with high expectations after all; I am anavid fan of Eureka, Warehouse 13, Alphas, Haven and of course Doctor Who. ButKenzi’s actions cross the line and have ruined any enjoyment I started out within this new show. I feel she is just another example of a growing trend outhere in the real world and I will not support it. I feel watching this wouldlook like acceptance of this type of behavior so I won’t be watching Lost Girlanymore.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 C2DMAx

C2DMAx

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:48 AM

:blink: :blink: :blink: WOW!!!
It's the second coming.
What unbelievable destructive power.
Black Hole MegaMix "Music for hyperspace, music for hyperspace, music for hyperspace travel".

#8 BeeLeaves

BeeLeaves

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:33 AM

Kenzi can't die. She is Bo's anchor. Without Kenzi, Bo will be back to killing.

#9 Feydakin

Feydakin

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 472 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:08 AM

... a bunch of meanie stuff...

Bite your tongue... First, paragraphs are your friend, and that long button at the bottom of your keyboard is the space bar, use it. Secondly, that's a lot of anger for a television character there. Not to mention that I never felt anything even close to what you're describing from the Kenzi character, even in the early episodes. In fact if you bother to watch past the first episode, Kenzi grows a lot and shows that she is an important moral anchor for many of the other characters, including Bo.

I can't believe I'm even bothering to respond but I'd hate to think that you're ignorant and harsh words would turn someone off from this great show and the awesome character that Ksenia created. You my friend, are very wrong and clearly there is more going on there than just a poor impression of a fictional TV character.

Besides, how could you even consider hurting this?

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..."
~ H.P. Lovecraft Posted Image

#10 C2DMAx

C2DMAx

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:58 AM

Kenzi can't die. She is Bo's anchor. Without Kenzi, Bo will be back to killing.

Even if Kenzi wasn't there Bo wouldn't be killing, she doesn't want to kill. The only reason she killed that guy in episode 1 of season 1 was to save Kenzi from getting raped, he dead because Bo didn't know how to control her powers.You will find this out later to the end of season one going in to season two, and what happen the past.
It's the second coming.
Black Hole MegaMix "Music for hyperspace, music for hyperspace, music for hyperspace travel".

#11 Polgara2001

Polgara2001

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

I really don’t want Kenzi killed off. I find her to be delightful and I am expecting that the personal growth the two friends will go thru will be most entertaining. Yes, Kenzi acts as a whinny, petulant teenager but she is also an old soul in surviving the streets. Even thru the first few episodes that have been seen here, there is an awareness that is growing within her that shows she realizes that she need to expand more. And in the last episode, Kenzi demonstrated that she is aware of Dyson’s issues with helping/healing Bo.

I also find the interaction between Kenzi and Trick to be interesting and it looks like it is going to be a fun one to watch; am not sure about Hale, but then we haven’t seen much of Hale here in the US. Will there be more of him???

Kenzi and Bo are like two friends/sisters/old souls that have been reunited in this life after being close for lifetimes. They support and help one another. Both have demonstrated that they have each other’s back and best interests at heart. Bo summed it up early on: “You make me want to be a better fae.”

#12 EvilDoctor

EvilDoctor

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 544 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

I also find the interaction between Kenzi and Trick to be interesting and it looks like it is going to be a fun one to watch; am not sure about Hale, but then we haven’t seen much of Hale here in the US. Will there be more of him???

I will only say this about him, Hale is important... :ph34r:
Posted Image

#13 Polgara2001

Polgara2001

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

I will only say this about him, Hale is important... :ph34r:

Really and thank you...

#14 pagan

pagan

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

I just enjoy the show, not get intellectual about it, and try to keep up with the body count.
Everybody lies.

If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.

The notion of picking 1 times of the year to be decent to others is obscene because it's actually validating the notion of being miserable SOB finaly.

Your biggest problem...hell I don't know what it is!!! Ask somebody else.

#15 easygordon

easygordon

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,873 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

I wonder if the OP also has a problem with the less than moral characters on other shows. How about Dexter, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, etc., etc.? Any chance they watch any of those and have no problem with the murder and mayhem? But let a strong-willed woman do what she likes? Heaven forbid.

Posted Image

#16 SciFiJackAlom

SciFiJackAlom

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

I wish they would have just let Kenzi die and decreasethe surplus population. I am so tired of selfish, self-absorbed, narcissisticyoung people. I have to deal with dregs like this out in the real world every day.So I hate having to sit back and endure their actions during "my" time. Kenzisteals, lies, insults, betrays and just about everything else imaginable with absolutelyno second thought or remorse. IN FACT, she always blames someone, anyone elsewhen something goes wrong. She steals food and then gets mad at and blameseveryone else when it turns out she STOLE and ate infected human…PALEEEEZE!!! Bo is thefae and she has a lot of things to learn and deal with so will make mistakesalong the way, but Kenzi is just a mean-spirited, self-absorbed example of whatis wrong with so many of the young people out there in the world right now. Istarted out watching this program with high expectations after all; I am anavid fan of Eureka, Warehouse 13, Alphas, Haven and of course Doctor Who. ButKenzi's actions cross the line and have ruined any enjoyment I started out within this new show. I feel she is just another example of a growing trend outhere in the real world and I will not support it. I feel watching this wouldlook like acceptance of this type of behavior so I won't be watching Lost Girlanymore.

Kill off Kenzi? Are you serious? I just watched the episode and hell to the no ! She makes the show interesting.

As I was watching Kenzi scarf down a cookie and go for the foot soup, I am thinking man this girl is nuts. Who goes into a stranger's house and starts eating everything they see? The zany, nutty, Russian speaking imp known as Kenzi. As she gets ready to down the pes soup, I am thinking this is not good, but without it, we would not have the basis for this week's adventure.

Kenzi's character is cute, youthful, spontaneous troublemaker and thankfully, she is still with us. Enjoy the show, if not, change the tube.
"Let us not dwell upon our differences, but marvel at our similarities."

#17 easygordon

easygordon

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,873 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

Kill off Kenzi? Are you serious? I just watched the episode and hell to the no ! She makes the show interesting.

As I was watching Kenzi scarf down a cookie and go for the foot soup, I am thinking man this girl is nuts. Who goes into a stranger's house and starts eating everything they see? The zany, nutty, Russian speaking imp known as Kenzi. As she gets ready to down the pes soup, I am thinking this is not good, but without it, we would not have the basis for this week's adventure.

Kenzi's character is cute, youthful, spontaneous troublemaker and thankfully, she is still with us. Enjoy the show, if not, change the tube.

It's possible that Kenzi has been homeless and hungry on numerous occasions, so she is used to catching a meal whenever and wherever she can.

Posted Image

#18 Rhuen1

Rhuen1

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:56 AM

It's possible that Kenzi has been homeless and hungry on numerous occasions, so she is used to catching a meal whenever and wherever she can.

I know the feeling.

I still find it hard to go into someone's house and see them eat half or two thirds of something and throw the rest away; and I didn't get as bad as living on the streets.
The Fantasy/Sci-fi novel series begins, join Hollia and Rhulan as dark forces converge on Stratalia
Secrets of Aesperia book 1: Stratalia Conspiracy.
now available at Leanpub.

#19 nebariscaper

nebariscaper

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 296 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

Bite your tongue... First, paragraphs are your friend, and that long button at the bottom of your keyboard is the space bar, use it. Secondly, that's a lot of anger for a television character there. Not to mention that I never felt anything even close to what you're describing from the Kenzi character, even in the early episodes. In fact if you bother to watch past the first episode, Kenzi grows a lot and shows that she is an important moral anchor for many of the other characters, including Bo.

I can't believe I'm even bothering to respond but I'd hate to think that you're ignorant and harsh words would turn someone off from this great show and the awesome character that Ksenia created. You my friend, are very wrong and clearly there is more going on there than just a poor impression of a fictional TV character.

Besides, how could you even consider hurting this?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Exactly. Kenzi is not so much self-absorbed (after all look how concerned she is for Bo and even for Dyson)as she is a survivor who has lived on the streets. I would like more of her back story. Clearly there is more to her than meets the eye.

#20 C2DMAx

C2DMAx

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:59 PM

Exactly. Kenzi is not so much self-absorbed (after all look how concerned she is for Bo and even for Dyson)as she is a survivor who has lived on the streets. I would like more of her back story. Clearly there is more to her than meets the eye.

Wait a little while longer for season two and your question will be answered
It's the second coming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users